2011 Hot Rod Drag Week

jurassic five 7

Is anyone planning to go on Drag Week this year?

The dates are

Sept 11-12 Topeka, Kansas Heartland Park
Sept 13 Great Bend, Kansas SRCA Drag Strip
Sept 14 Amarillo, Texas Amarillo Dragway
Sept 15 Tulsa, Oklahoma Tulsa Raceway Park
Sept 16 Topeka, Kansas Heartland Park

My friend and I will be going with my T-Type. We plan to do the full week also, unless we break!

I'll enter in the 'Street Race' category. Unless, I decide to enter in the 'Daily Driver' category and end up bracket racing on the last day.

So anyone else going to be going??? ;)

I "was" planning on going, but I got a new project idea that will eat any funding for it, unless I win the lotto. Just did the power tour long haul, that didn't help.

Big reason for me wanting to go, was that last year a 15 second thunderbird took quickest 6 cylinder, because no others showed up. I've wanted to do it for years and I couldn't ask for it to be any closer, but I don't know if it will happen. Maybe I should hitch a ride with you, LOL.

You talk with matt or luke or anyone else about it?

Matt seemed like he was interested, but who knows if he will.

Soo...anyone going to be attending also??

Would love to have another TR attend.

Is anyone planning to go on Drag Week this year?

The dates are

Sept 11-12 Topeka, Kansas Heartland Park
Sept 13 Great Bend, Kansas SRCA Drag Strip
Sept 14 Amarillo, Texas Amarillo Dragway
Sept 15 Tulsa, Oklahoma Tulsa Raceway Park
Sept 16 Topeka, Kansas Heartland Park

So anyone else going to be going??? ;)

Nope, not me. All these places are much too far for me!:rolleyes:

Claude. :frown:

This video is why I love my Buick. Very unsuspecting, then a big fat bitch slap!
Awesome!

Matt seemed like he was interested, but who knows if he will.

Soo...anyone going to be attending also??

Would love to have another TR attend.
Not bringing my T but working our butts off to attend with a different turbo car I've got laying around the shop. It's a Chevy but at least it's familiar to anyone who knows the Lawrence Buick crowd and was built by a GS and TR owner(me). Street race small block power adder is what we are planning on running in. Barely made the cut by 3 cubic inches for smallblock. LOL.

Does that count???

Not bringing my T but working our butts off to attend with a different turbo car I've got laying around the shop. It's a Chevy but at least it's familiar to anyone who knows the Lawrence Buick crowd and was built by a GS and TR owner(me). Street race small block power adder is what we are planning on running in. Barely made the cut by 3 cubic inches for smallblock. LOL.

Does that count???

Awesome! Glad to know you'll be there Mark. Who will be coming with you?

Should be a blast. :D

-Adam

Have no idea who's attending with me other than my brother since it's his car. At this point we aren't even 100% since a lot can happen between now and then. Wanta go, planning on going, and actually pulling into the track on race day are all equations that gotta line up.

I do know that several KC area cars are going. I have a couple customers talking about attending but so far no hard plans. Even if I can't get the race ride ready or work forces me to stay, I'll still come out on the Topeka stops and check out the action.

With about 4 weeks till Drag Week happens....are there anyone else who may or will be doing it?

I'm getting pretty excited!

Should be some BAD ASS cars going this year so, we will be there again this year.

No Buick again this year, and I don't really know the cars we are taking yet, maybe the Turbo Mustang we got kicked out of small block power adder with last year, or my Twin turbo nova II, or ??? but there will be abunch of us from Omaha/Lincoln going again.

C4 vette Daily Driver
LS1 swapped Lexus IS350 Daily Driver
91 MM turbo Mustang Small block power adder
2nd gen camaro ???
4 cyl turbo mopar Daily Driver

Good thing for the Small block power adder, I heard the Twin Turbo Lsx Pinto is For Sale and not going anymore.

If you need any help while there ask "BangShift" Chad Reynolds(You'll know right away who he is) and he will find me or others to help with that TR.

I wonder if Scott K. will be going again will that buick powered 3rd gen Camaro?

Can't Wait.

Awesome!!! Sounds like you have a good bunch of cars going. I wonder how many cars will start & then how many will end completely......