200R4 Transmission Codes

HyperV6

Guys, I was wanting to verify the 200R4 trans codes for Monte Carlo SS's. I found some old info I had and I'm trying to verify these are the correct codes for the following years - Monte Carlo SS's.

1984 - 4CQ
1985 - 5CQ
1986 - 6CZ
1987 - 7CZ
1988 - 8CZ

Do the valve bodies on the Monte SS's have something marked on them like the turbo Regals? I have a chance to buy one. I just want to make sure it's a true Monte Carlo SS transmission.

Thanks for any help, Craig

Do the valve bodies on the Monte SS's have something marked on them like the turbo Regals? I have a chance to buy one. I just want to make sure it's a true Monte Carlo SS transmission.

Thanks for any help, Craig

Craig,
They do have the codes painted on the V-B as well. Should also be a pink stripe on them as well.
The Monte SS units work very well in the turbo cars!

Brian

Brian, so the codes I listed are acurate? Any idea what a fair price is for a core Monte SS transmission?

Thank you, Craig

Brian, so the codes I listed are acurate? Any idea what a fair price is for a core Monte SS transmission?

Thank you, Craig

Craig,
The info you have is good.
I have paid $35 all the way to $250.
Some advertised prices I have seen $600 for a core.

Brian

Brian, the VB - has CZ5 in a white stamp and there is pink strip. It also had some other numbers cast in the valve body - 4203*D-3 and 246. I guess this is all the right stuff for a true 1987 Monte Carlo SS? I'm wanting this one for my 85 Monte that will be getting a 383.

Thanks for your help, Craig

Brian, the VB - has CZ5 in a white stamp and there is pink strip. It also had some other numbers cast in the valve body - 4203*D-3 and 246. I guess this is all the right stuff for a true 1987 Monte Carlo SS? I'm wanting this one for my 85 Monte that will be getting a 383.

Thanks for your help, Craig

Looks like you found a winner!
;)

Brian

I got the transmission out of a 87 Monte SS at a salvage yard. I've never seen a SS at a yard before. This car was completely stripped laying on it's frame. The only thing left that is worth something is the 7.5" 3.73 posi rearend for a lower HP g-body. All the rest of the car is gone. I wish I would have got a few pictures of this car.

Craig

Does anyone have any of the oddball codes for the 200-4R? I have an 87 HFF code, any ideas, the same lists keep popping up for the popular ones but not the others
thanks

That's definetly an oddball. :) One of the Builders may have an idea but, it's late now. zzzzzzzzz. Looks like even the Archived code list is sleeping. :biggrin:

Thanx SS, the other one I have is an 84HE, both need rebuilding , the HF is an 87 so will probably go with that one. Adapting to a studebaker 170 6 banger so we're not lookin at a ton of torque or horses.:D
Thanx

'87 HF is Caprice, Delta 88, Impala, LeSabre, and Parisienne w/ V-8 307" 5.0L Canada.
'84 HE is Caprice, DeVille, Impala, LeSaber, and Parisienne w/ V-8 305" 5.0L Canada.
Got the info from an AC Delco parts catalog

TH-200-R4 ID's:
ID Year(s) Application

KZF -- Olds 442/Hurst
CZF -- 85-88 Monte SS
CRF -- 85-88 LG4 305 powered Monte Carlos/Pontiac Grand Prix
BRF -- 86-87 GN/T-Type/Turbo Regals
BQ -- 84-85 GN/T-Type/Turbo Regals
BR -- 83 Model T-Types
TAF -- 89 Turbo Trans Am
OZ -- Hurst Olds
OM -- Olds 350 Diesels