200r4 tranny help.

missin' 2

My dads gn just lost 2nd gear. You need to get the rpm up to around 4000 then it will shift but if finds its way to 3rd and skips 2nd. What am I looking for to verify and what will fix it. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it has no 2nd and goes directly into 3rd, I would check to see if the anchor pin for the intermediate band is broke. The valve body needs to be removed to get to the pin. You can check this with the pan off only and inspect movement of band on the drum. If this is the problem, replace it with one of my billet anchor pins.
Did the trans work well into 2nd before this happened to rule out a damaged band/drum?

It started as a slight slide into 2nd then progressively got worse where the shift into 2nd wasn't a solid shift it was kind of smooth and over reved a little then settled into 2nd. Now no 2nd at all.

What you described is what my car did when the original Trans needed to be rebuilt. The band and drum were worn and I had no second, it would shift to third as your father's car is doing.

I would call Dave who just posted before me, he can set you up with the needed parts to rebuild it.

It started as a slight slide into 2nd then progressively got worse where the shift into 2nd wasn't a solid shift it was kind of smooth and over reved a little then settled into 2nd. Now no 2nd at all.

The trans is tired and slipping. It is time for a rebuild, give me a call.