2009 Power Tour

Anyone gonna make it to the Somerset,KY portion of the Tour? I'm gonna be down there on Thursday afternoon and was hoping to meet up with other TR guys.

found problem, now I want to pick up the rest of the tour. too bad it's not in the cards. maby I can sleep in the car. it should be warmer.

The Hot Rod Power Tour was a thing of beauty. I had never seen so many cars at the Fairgrounds. I watched an 03-04 Twin Turbo Mustang pull 781 hp on the dyno. I have a few pictures to post later. It was nice to meet Royal-T-Ltd and 2ToneWE4 on the tour. You guys are some long haulers. Just remember my motor pictures and shop are "Top Secret." I will try to make the tour next year and hang out with you guys along the way. Have a safe Power Tour!
Jason
AffordableGN

Dont worry "TOP SECRET" Bat Cave and Engine photos are SAFE;) :biggrin: .... great to meet you and Tim, Sam & Wife, Jeremy and Austin + Crew.... right now i am tired as hell - in the middle of Kentucky and ready to sleep.... i am gonna post a few BUICK photos for everybodys enjoyment ... i have a "million" but heres the teasers.... Tim i will get you hi-res versions. IMO they turned out awesome:biggrin: :biggrin: OH and we have lots of stories. gotta go for now gettin up early and headin to Bristol.
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0683.jpg

I got to see a lot of the cars on tour Thursday. I was headed north on 75 out of Cincinnati. Didn't see any Buicks though. Wish I didn't have to freaking work:mad:

I stopped at Somerset yesterday and saw Royal-T leaving and I saw the Grey T parked and later driving around. Also saw a black T and a white T with red interior. I didn't bring out mine because the weatherman said thunderstorms...:mad:

Well.... today at Bristol was AWESOME [except for my drag passes] driving fast through the hills/mountains was awesome... and then i got a chance to drive 5 passes around Bristol Motor Speedway.... its totally different in person. HOLY **** ----> 36-38º inclines in the turns:eek: took 1-2 passes to get used to - cant imagine goin around at 130-150mph:eek:

took it down the track and couldnt make a complete pass. finally i noticed my fuel pressure wouldnt go above 50psi and then dropped so ..... YAAAAAY <----sarcasm i get to drop the tank and replace the fp when i get home!!!

Poor me sitting at home with baby #2 due any day. Wish I could have made it. 2010 looks promising though. Did they announce where it will end in 2010? Mom and dad are talking about taking the station wagon (pictured) and I "might" ride with them and leave the buick home.

bob

Attachments

• wagon2 001f  sized.jpg
    wagon2 001f sized.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 111
I left the fairgrounds in South Bend on tuesday morning and didnt see any GNs but mine. I heard there were a few ahead of me, I guess they must just pick up people on the way. I made it to MIS and had to turn around due to idiots at work. I plan on doing a couple legs next year. It was one of the cooolest things I have seen in awhile. Anybody have an extra power tour sticker for sale as I didnt make it to Detroit. Thanks.

here's more…

Sinfull GN ;)
IMG_0423.jpg

Buicks ON Bristol....motor speedway ;)
IMG_0786.jpg

and the non Buick photos that looked pretty tiiiiiiight....
BIIIIIG $$$$$$$
LS9 1st Gen
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

RetroRod Cuda
IMG_0289.jpg

Twin Turbo BBC in SS Pickup - 1570 HP
IMG_0345.jpg

LS First Gen Camaro
IMG_0353.jpg

Twin turbo Caprice
IMG_0358.jpg

Who's SINFUL GN is that:confused: ;) Damn dude that car looks perfect. The stance is exactly what I'm looking for. It looks like all the time in the garage certainly paid off! I hope you get time to enjoy it this summer

Love all the photos keep them coming.

Waht was it like driving on Bristol motor speedway???? Pretty darn cool:smile:

The 5 laps around Bristol Motor Speedway were AMAZING!!! Only thing that sucked is the DAMN 4 door HEMI Charger wouldn't get the hell outta the way:mad: I thought about bump drafting and putting his a$$ in the wall!

Attachments

• Two Buicks in BMS.jpg
    Two Buicks in BMS.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 67