2009 Power Tour

I hope the time in WI goes better than last year. I saw a few cars last year when I was trying to pick up my daughter from camp. It took 3+ hrs to make a 1.5 hour trip due to the flooding last year. If they would have stayed with the originally planned route to Madison most people wouldn't have had problems. I'd like to take part in some of the first leg but I may have a graduation party that interferes with the schedule.

David
87GN

Im in for Racine, Madison, and South Bend

AustinIBEW145 will be driving his GN too! Well, at least if he gets his tranny installed in time!:eek:

Rusty will return to the power tour again someday:rolleyes: Checked out the pics from 02 and there is a GN in the pic, or maybe it's a we4:cool:

I think I can make it to South Bend but where is the meetup and how does this work? How many cars? Do I need a hotel or just drive the whole day? Thanks

Hey guys, I'm trying to organize an afternoon cruise-in/dinner for the South Bend stop. The location is Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN Essenhaus Amish Style Restaurant it's about a 25 mile direct drive from the fairgrounds. They're capable of handling several hundred people so we won't have to worry about overflowing the place. They also have a cruise-in with 100-200 cars every Thursday so they're used to working with the auto enthuiast crowd.

I'm trying to get any idea of the number of people who would be interested in going so I'm posting this on a couple of GM websites. If you could please email me at jsstephe@purdue.edu and let me know how many people you would bringing and then I will be able to arrange things better with the restaurant.

Just sent you an email back, doesn't look like there is any interest in the cruisein/dinner.

I was pointed to another website to post the event on and it looks like it will be back on. Essenhaus has invited everyone from the power tour out, they stated that they have seating for over 1100 people so getting a table shouldn't be too much of a problem for anyone, besides for that their food is worth waiting for :D

What are the directions to this place? I will see about talking Royal T Ltd. and jdpolzin into heading over!

No long haul for me this year but I will do the WI stops, be in my Monte though, I no longer drive my GN outside town.

Was at Greatlakes Dragaway as they call it on the 7th for a BOP race Also was a stop point for the Hot Rod Power tour. There were alot of nice cars in the power tour besides ones that raced. Track took out 2 cars a Blue vette trans or rear end, And a late model trans-am front u-joint /drive shaft.:( . We were there with a few buicks had a good time just wished I had time to take some pictures.

Steve

Traffic jam in Cambridge

I got out the GN and drove the 4 miles to Cambridge to watch the cars coming through town. I got there about 9:30 and sat on the road by Matt Kenseth's fan club HQ for about an hour. I saw a couple GN's go by and one Regal with a flat hood. After I got sick of sitting, I put the digital camera in video mode and headed west toward Madison. There's a GN at 4:02 in the video, and 2toneWE4 and Royal-T-Ltd are at 4:28 in the video, and a couple TTA at 8:04.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBIvUyySK0M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBIvUyySK0M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

here's the link. It embedded fine in preview mode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBIvUyySK0M

After I finished the video, I took the back roads back to Cambridge, found a parking spot and stopped at the bakery to pick up some donuts for the kids and headed home. I passed 2toneWE4 and Royal-T-Ltd on the edge of town. They had only gone about 2.5 miles in that time.

David
87GN

I did the power tour back in 1989, was most definetly a good time. Would do it again if I could get the time off from work.

Well after issues with my tire and Austins fuel pump, we made it home safe. I just wanted to thank 2ToneWE4 and Royal T for all the help. It was awesome meeting and hanging out with you guys. Sorry I couldnt make it to SouthBend. I just didnt think it was worth the risk. I figured I'd better start heading home incase that tire blew. Remind me to never move to Chicago. Those roads are horrible! Austin actually called his buddy from the Quad Cities and had him pick him up with a trailor. Then they made it to South Bend. He's already had about a million beers when I talked with him about 8pm last night. Good luck on the rest of the Tour. I hope you got your tire fixed Craig! -----------Jeremy

Excelent turnout in South Bend! I saw at least 12 TR's! Got a chance to meet 2 tone and royal t, very nice guys. Good luck on the rest of the tour.

Well after issues with my tire and Austins fuel pump, we made it home safe. I just wanted to thank 2ToneWE4 and Royal T for all the help. It was awesome meeting and hanging out with you guys. Sorry I couldnt make it to SouthBend. I just didnt think it was worth the risk. I figured I'd better start heading home incase that tire blew. Remind me to never move to Chicago. Those roads are horrible! Austin actually called his buddy from the Quad Cities and had him pick him up with a trailor. Then they made it to South Bend. He's already had about a million beers when I talked with him about 8pm last night. Good luck on the rest of the Tour. I hope you got your tire fixed Craig! -----------Jeremy

yea thank you guys for all the help!!

South Bend

The Hot Rod Power Tour was a thing of beauty. I had never seen so many cars at the Fairgrounds. I watched an 03-04 Twin Turbo Mustang pull 781 hp on the dyno. I have a few pictures to post later. It was nice to meet Royal-T-Ltd and 2ToneWE4 on the tour. You guys are some long haulers. Just remember my motor pictures and shop are "Top Secret." I will try to make the tour next year and hang out with you guys along the way. Have a safe Power Tour!
Jason
AffordableGN