2008: #8 vs #88

GNJimC

Looks like Winston/Nextel/Sprint cup talk is pretty dead. Most people are probably like me and have lost all intrerest in NASCAR. Boring cars, old technology, boring races etc etc.

Anyways, before the 08 season I place a friendly wager with a Dale Jr. fan. Not that I dislike Jr. but the wager was based on will equipment from HMS make any difference in JR's performance. The bet was that Martin in the 8 would score more points than Jr. in the 88. This was based on head-to head races that the 8 was running with Martin as the driver and it turned out to be 24 races.

Through those 24 races, JR in the 88 collected 3133 points to Martins 3022 points. JR was better by 111 points.

I lost the bet but I was surpises at how close it was, given JR has some of the best equipment to work with and Martin had cast -off junk at DEI.

I asked if they wanted double or nothing in 2009. Jr in the 88 vs Martin in the 5 and they would not take it.

I really hope Martin finally gets his CHANPIONSHIP! God knows he deserves one. Mark will most definately perform better on in a full season especially with the NEW testing rules. Can't beat experience. Just wish he were a little more aggressive sometimes. I have been a Mark Martin fan forever (since his ASA days).