External wastegate questions

Regulator23

While upgrading from my te44. I'd like to upgrade my old Turbonetics Racegate. Not only is the condition suspect, but it is also looking a bit ratty underhood.
What is the downside of moving to a smaller wastegate? I see most of the 38-39mm wastegates propose to offer the ability to control boost at the pressure and horsepower levels which I am looking to be at ( 25-30psi and 400-450 rwhp)
I am hoping for a direct bolt on replacement which still use 2 bolt flanges as most larger wastegates use v bands. I'm not sure what the benefit is to that unless the 2 bolt flange is prone to leaking.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have had two Tial 2- bolt wastegates and they have worked flawlessly for 16ish years (I loose track of time). They have an internal sealing ring up against the header outlet flange which provides a tight seal and I also use a very thin smudge of high temp RTV because I'm anal like that. I don't even remember if they are 38 or 44's. I think mine are 44's and maybe back then 44's were available in in 2-bolt configuration. But not any longer.
I could be wrong. Maybe they are 38's?

Either way, I believe the 38's would suffice for your application. But I'm sure others will chime in and correct me as needed.