2005 GTO, according to Automobile Magazine

Buick From Hell

sixey
Staff member
Rather than retype it all, I just took a pic....

400 hp, and I love their commentary :D

Attachments

• gto2.jpg
    gto2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 340
True every idiot who comes into my pontiac dealership is like " it should have a big wing" it should have 18" chrome wheels"
"it should be louder" "It should be like the mustang retro" "If it were orange I would buy it" Yeah tell me another story just say you are not willing to come off 28K for a new car. The car is a excellent buy for the money every person who has bought one here only has good things to say.

much better car than the ford.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35040

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35856

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35937

these are only a few of the problems that are comming to light.
Wait till people find out the real reason there ordered cars are comming in late ........:eek:

Bullseye!!!

I have the 2004 with the LS1 and a T56. The car is AWESOME.

Hey, what if they had badged it a, dare I say it...

I want to thank the masses for hating on this car. Thanks to y'all, I got $13,909 off on mine, and am paying $106.77 on a 2 year, 24K miles Smart Buy, TTL included, excepting $67.50 for 2 years NYS registration.

Do yourself a favor and go drive one. I love my TRs, but see what's happened to performance cars in nearly 20 years. These things fly, handle, and nobody but nobody suspects them.

strike

:D

I've seen pictures of the 05(?) and the grill was set back kind of like the 65 GTO. That is a nice improvement on the looks.

The GTO is the perfect illustration of how people will complain about anything.

For years "enthusiasts" have done nothing but bitch about the lack of RWD performance vehicles from GM. So when GM finally does exactly what they did with the original muscle cars - stuff a bad-ass engine in an ordinary mid-size sedan - they complain about that :rolleyes:

News flash - the original GTO was just a big engine stuffed in a (for the time) nondescript car. The Tempest was far from anything special back in '64. It was totally ordinary.

Originally posted by The Blob
The GTO is the perfect illustration of how people will complain about anything.

For years "enthusiasts" have done nothing but bitch about the lack of RWD performance vehicles from GM. So when GM finally does exactly what they did with the original muscle cars - stuff a bad-ass engine in an ordinary mid-size sedan - they complain about that :rolleyes:

News flash - the original GTO was just a big engine stuffed in a (for the time) nondescript car. The Tempest was far from anything special back in '64. It was totally ordinary.

I could not have said it better myself!

Thats all well and good but the thing is hideous, it has not one distinctive body line on it, no personality whatsoever.. might as well be a ford taurus

If I was not saving up to buy my first house in the Bay Area:mad:
I would have one of these in the driveway right now.
The LSX Motors are great. Stock 15* Symetrical Port Heads and 400HP. I saw a black one at lunch yesterday. The only thing it needed was a 80series turbo. :D

the grill set back is a backage with
custom front/rear facia
upper grill inserts
side rocker moldings
performance cat back system
chrome dual outlet tips
upgradeed rear spoiler

you can order it from the GM parts department and yes it will bolt righ on a 04 or 05
dammit I need a scanner I have alot of good pix of it.

Originally posted by Pablo
might as well be a ford taurus

Or a grand prix? That's exactly the point! A Big engine stuffed in an ordinary everyday car.

A turbo v6 in an ordinary grandma regal? That thing is so square is might as well be a Ford LTD. how dumb looking is that. :rolleyes:

It is tough to distinguish the car on the road that is for sure, but hey it's a nice running, well put together and fast as **** sedan from GM. If you want something flashy then buy the Corvette.

Originally posted by The Blob

Totally ordinary perhaps. However, Pontiac sold 32,450 GTOs in '64 & 75,352 in '65. Obviously, since only 15,728 2004 units were sold and '05 production is being scaled back about 30%, the new ones just aren't hitting a nerve with the buying public no matter how good it actually is.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Totally ordinary perhaps. However, Pontiac sold 32,450 GTOs in '64 & 75,352 in '65. Obviously, since only 15,728 2004 units were sold and '05 production is being scaled back about 30%, the new ones just aren't hitting a nerve with the buying public no matter how good it actually is.
You can't go strictly by numbers as there wasn't a foreign car presence back then. More models to choose from, etc. Out of a projected 16K, they just about built them out. Very different dynamic involved now compared to back then.

'05 is scaled back because of the short production year.