2004R Billet Adjustable Servo

clusolynn

Advantages
include ease of adjustment, more precise adjustment, more clamping force. No shims! No grinding! ... works with stock and high performance units! Literally installs in minutes with basic hand tools.

th2004RServo2.png

CNC machined from billet bar stock aluminum and 303 stainless components providing structural integrity with the most surface area available on the market, increasing both the clamping and holding forces required for high performance applications.

No more
installing and removing servo countless times to add or remove shims, welding onto end of stock pin or buying longer aftermarket pin to grind until its close.

Installs once, providing precise adjustment with just an Allen® wrench and ½ inch open or boxed wrench. That's it!
servoflyer1.png

$150.00 Plus shipping

Get them at GBodyParts.com , ExtremeAutomatics.com and RJCRacing.com
http://extremeautomatics.com/productdetail.php?product=226&fromc=21&fromt=

Last edited:
Excuse me for being naïve. What does this do and why do I want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have ever built a 2004r and spent quite a lot of time getting the band clearence just right....you would underdstand:) I will be using these forsure.

Excuse me for being naïve. What does this do and why do I want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The servo applies force to a brake band that stops the direct drum from rotating which leads to your second gear ratio. When the second to third gear shift occurs, the band must release while the direct clutches in the aforementioned drum apply. Timing is key for a clean shift and setting proper clearance is part of getting the timing right. Bad timing here leads to the common 2-3 shift flare, a momentary neutral, or a bind up between the ranges.

Thanks SteveV and MeanBuicks! This servo facilitates much easier and more accurate adjustments without expensive speciality tools, longer pins, pin extenders or shim kits. It is reusable and re-adjustable during routine maintenance and requires no modifications to the transmission. AND, it has the largest diameter piston available on the market, which provide more holding power for high performance applications. It has been thoroughly tested by Extreme Automatics, WIT Transmission Parts, Transtar and Stage Right Transmissions. Feel free to ask questions?