200 r4 tear down video

definitely a great video.
I don't agree with all his ideas but if they work for him more power to him.
He is Richard Crich of Precision Transmission in Amarillo Texas

Good to see people take these transmissions seriously. You can see his snap ring tool made from a big screw driver and a grinder.

Last edited:

This guy has some reassembly going on but leaves a lot out and makes reference to using scarf cut seals which i've been told is a no-no and can result in internal leaks.

Then they go on to have some kind of secret in their hydraulic strategy in the comments. I'm guessing they are flipping the feed by doing some mods to the center support that results in the direct being applied by the reverse piston and the reverse applying with the direct piston. Good tech but requires a bit of work and doing a dual feed and billet shaft forward drum is an even larger apply area for even more apply force with a lot less effort.

Commend em for the vid.

They linked that assembly video to Facebook shortly after it was done. I watched some of it. Hard to take it seriously when he’s installing all those clutches BONE DRY. I was going to link it to a couple others for laughs but I couldn’t find it back.

I know it takes balls to put this stuff out there and leave yourself open for ridicule if you don’t say something quite right or if others differ from your opinions (I’ve made a couple quick vids on Facebook). But that guy ain’t building anything for me.

They linked that assembly video to Facebook shortly after it was done. I watched some of it. Hard to take it seriously when he’s installing all those clutches BONE DRY. I was going to link it to a couple others for laughs but I couldn’t find it back.

I know it takes balls to put this stuff out there and leave yourself open for ridicule if you don’t say something quite right or if others differ from your opinions (I’ve made a couple quick vids on Facebook). But that guy ain’t building anything for me.
I thought they looked dry, didn't want to get his hands dirty. I can't imagine not having the lo piston puller tool.