$200 Per Barrel Oil????

86 TR

Work In Progress
I was just reading an article about the possibility of 200 per barrel for oil!:mad: I wonder how much gasoline would cost at that level!:eek: When is enough going to be enough! Gas prices right now here in southern wisconsin are $3.57 for 87 octane. Funny thing is though, I can buy 110 octane race fuel for $4.99!

Everyone is suffering right now. I mean, how much longer can this keep going on. The current cost of gas, and everything a person buys for that matter is just freakin rediculous! How's a person supposed to survive paying this???? I wanted to go to BG this year but my budget won't allow it!

I hope something happens soon here! I just got my check from the government. That is supposed to jump start the economy! Yeah, right! Most people ive talked to plans on spending the money on bills, gas, food, etc. IMO thats not going to help the economy one bit!

Sorry for ranting on, just venting!

Oops. I guess I should have posted this in the political forum.

Moderator could you please move this thread to the correct forum!

Thanks.

jesus! I can barely afford to do anything as it is. the gas prices are killing everyone. what are they predicting for gas prices by the end of summer?

The middle east is tired of us living high so they're hitting all of us where it counts. Pretty soon they'll see us riding horses and buggies and growing gardens while they ride in their Benz's and build mansions.

Even when the demand drops they just cut production to maintain the price.

Damn internet. If they didn't have youtube to see how good we have it here they'd still be selling us oil for $38 a barrell:biggrin:

I guess that I am the only one that has heard or seen on TV, MSN, & newspapers that gas could hit $8-$10 this year. Yes, for a gallon. Didn't say that it would hit, or will hit, only that it could hit that much. They have also predicted the possibility of $200 a barrel for oil. Think about that for a while. Really sort of scary.

I have a 1.8 mile commute to work so even if it did get to 10 bucks a gallon I could ride a bicycle to work.

But if it was to get that high the automotive hobby and industry will be hurting. The value of our cars will steady decline and any aftermarket will disappear.

I think the prices will drop eventually, but no time soon.

I guess that I am the only one that has heard or seen on TV, MSN, & newspapers that gas could hit $8-$10 this year. Yes, for a gallon. Didn't say that it would hit, or will hit, only that it could hit that much. They have also predicted the possibility of $200 a barrel for oil. Think about that for a while. Really sort of scary.

Jesus, time to consider getting a mopet just to ride around town..

I'm not so sure prices will come down. They already know we are willing to pay what we pay now. Why would they now want to lower it?

I thought I heard something about there was oil right here in the U.S.? If there is how comes we aren't using it instead?

Hate to say it, But I saw a list & our prices right now are way better than other parts of the world. Even our little peso friends south of the border pay only $2.22 In the arab countries it is under a buck. But places in europe & china over $5

I have 4 salesmen on the road each hitting 1250+ miles per week, plus my personal stuff:mad:

Anybody wanna rep for me for a commission:D

I thought I heard something about there was oil right here in the U.S.? If there is how comes we aren't using it instead?

There is oil available in the USA, but it's just not cost effective for the oil companies to go after because of where it's at. Also, we just don't have the capability to refine oil into gasoline the way we used to which is also a large contributing factor to the current prices that doesn't get talked about enough.

yep been seeing this for the past couple months--we went and traded in the wifes o1 chevy ext cab and got a pontiac G6 3.9 v6 6spd GTP not a super gas saver but compaired to the trucks 14mpg it should save us some money

and I want to get a Honda XR650 for fun and to save gas

now I'm thinking of trying to get rid of my avalanche too

seen a wrecked VW bug with TDI diesel engine for $2,900

There is oil available in the USA, but it's just not cost effective for the oil companies to go after because of where it's at. Also, we just don't have the capability to refine oil into gasoline the way we used to which is also a large contributing factor to the current prices that doesn't get talked about enough.

Wrong! Yes we do have oil here & up in Alsaka, & off the Florida coast it is our liberals who put the kibosh on allowing it to be drilled or refined with all its Save the animals, Save the humans, Save the beaches, save the seaweed, not in our back yard it causes pollution etc etc..

So many rules have been imposed why do you think so much stuff is now being made overseas. Simple no rules, no unions, no EPA over there.

Thus nothing will ever get done here & we will continue to pay the price.
If we keep electing these officals who impose these rules nothing will ever get done.

Commodity Traders

That's a bunch that could use a good kick in the nuts from the people they are hosing.

Wrong! Yes we do have oil here & up in Alsaka, & off the Florida coast it is our liberals who put the kibosh on allowing it to be drilled or refined with all its Save the animals, Save the humans, Save the beaches, save the seaweed, not in our back yard it causes pollution etc etc..

So many rules have been imposed why do you think so much stuff is now being made overseas. Simple no rules, no unions, no EPA over there.

Thus nothing will ever get done here & we will continue to pay the price.
If we keep electing these officals who impose these rules nothing will ever get done.

There is oil and yes there is allot of opposition by special interest groups against drilling for it. But the fact remains, that to get to it isn't even cost effective for the oil companies. We're getting to the point where we're having to get to the "hard to reach" deposits as well as oil that is harder to refine because of it's composition.

There is oil and yes there is allot of opposition by special interest groups against drilling for it. But the fact remains, that to get to it isn't even cost effective for the oil companies. We're getting to the point where we're having to get to the "hard to reach" deposits as well as oil that is harder to refine because of it's composition.

Lots of drilling going on in the gulf of mexico in the deep water now. It doesn't matter though. Even if the oil companies only have $10 in a barrel of oil, the market is bringing $120.....this is where all these posted record earnings is coming from. They pump the oil from there own wells and sell it for $120 per barrel. They don't care if we can't afford to pull a race car for 7 hours. There's enough people out there who will pay nearly $4 a gallon for gas so the companies aren't about to sell their own oil to there own refineries for $35 a barrel so their gas can go back to 1.27.

The other issue was even if somebody was giving us oil, who's going to refine it. Millions more drivers on the road than there was in the 70's but no new refineries thanks to all the stupid rules the EPA sticks to the companies. The EPA does some good things but somebody is making huge $$$ on the crap they push on the factories in this country. Every year they find another way to cost a company millions.

Hate to say it, But I saw a list & our prices right now are way better than other parts of the world. Even our little peso friends south of the border pay only $2.22 In the arab countries it is under a buck. But places in europe & china over $5

In Europe its been like 5 per litre for yrs and you always hear the politicians refer to that but what they fail to either understand or add is that in Europe, all the citys were built 900 lol yrs ago and were designed as such, like in England with roundabouts.

90% dont have the commutes like we have, they still go out everyday for milk and whatever, step outside their doors and walk left for grocerys.

Alaska has oil, but all the political tree hugging pu$$ies won't let us save ourselves. One endangered animal (of no use) is far more important to these people who live life w/o worry of a budget. Its all politics, and don't for a minute look at the right wing w/o looking at the left running congress.