200-4R with proper nailhead bellhousing!

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Thought you guys would enjoy this. This uses Lonnie's little known 200-to-4L60e flange bellhousing adapter and the nailheadbuick.com bellhousing to create a proper fitting overdrive for cars like the 65-66 grand sport and early rivieras etc. previously you had to use hokey ass adapters (which are $700+ and require floor/driveshaft mods) or a 4L60e (which requires a controller and driveshaft mods). Test fit/mockup was done this weekend and it fits the engine perfect. Will be doing a full write up as we go with everything that does/doesn't work, probably on 65gs.com or v8buick.

IMG_5303.JPG
IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5312.JPG

No that was a gentleman in Omaha who is an absolute Buick GS nut. He was gracious enough to let us in to check the fit. And talk for three hours/show us his collection. Has one of the nicest Ts I've ever seen. Bunch of NOS parts including 9 hole hood pad and spoiler. He's getting old so he's downsizing his collection

I'm new here; found this thread through an online search for an adapter. I need one of these for a 200R to 401 nail in my '65 Riv. Was there a follow-up done on this? Where?

Steve

Trans is currently a bare case hanging on the workbench fixture. Progress was delayed mostly because the metal lathe I use to cut parts has been down for weeks, owner of the lathe moved and we just got it wired up last weekend in his new shop and hopefully cutting parts on it this afternoon. If you're waiting until spring to pull the trigger on this I will be more help with fitment. Otherwise you'll have to order a trans from Lonnie and be the guinea pig for some of the possible fitment issues. Call/text me sometime and I'll tell you every detail I know. I'll private message you my number.

Trans is built and in the hands of the car's owner. I think he plans to get it installed fairly quickly