200 4R "whine" at slow speeds

Always put a little grease in the pilot hole in the crank shaft when installing a converter. They don't call the flywheel a "flex plate" for nothing.

Yup. Thought I had. Maybe I forgot, or wore enough of it off with all of my trial and error fitting. Either way, at least now I know what that god awful noise was.

Yup. Thought I had. Maybe I forgot, or wore enough of it off with all of my trial and error fitting. Either way, at least now I know what that god awful noise was.
Just wondering if you ever fixed the whining noise as I have exactly same issue?

FYI, mine does the same... for the last 12 years. Lol. Mines an old build(Dave Barnes, anyone remember him), very mild. From what I can remember... upgraded pump(7vane?), re-stalled d5 (dan Boxdorfer),, hardened something.. etc... Its had a first gear whine since I got it. I remember my grandmothers old Cutless sounded the same so I never really worried. Shifts perfect, crisp , quick and has for 20K+ miles on a 375-400hp car. The first gear whine changes pitch as rpms go up, but no noise in any other gears.

That is different than the problem I have.

My trans will whine whenever in gear, any gear, even if fully stopped. But not park or neutral.

Very slight whine at idle, and if you foot brake it and keep the car stationary but start to bring the RPMs up, it whines even louder.

Now, usually this is the torque converter making all that noise (and in my case it still could be.) But, it does the same thing with 3 different torque converters, so we are pretty sure it is not the converters themselves causing the issue.

Prevailing theory here is that the pressures are just too darn high, and as soon as you put any power into it, it is pushing so much pressure through the converter that the converters are complaining.

At this point, I've tried everything - it's coming out and getting replaced with a new trans and new converter from a different builder as soon as I can afford it.

FYI, mine does the same... for the last 12 years. Lol. Mines an old build(Dave Barnes, anyone remember him), very mild. From what I can remember... upgraded pump(7vane?), re-stalled d5 (dan Boxdorfer),, hardened something.. etc... Its had a first gear whine since I got it. I remember my grandmothers old Cutless sounded the same so I never really worried. Shifts perfect, crisp , quick and has for 20K+ miles on a 375-400hp car. The first gear whine changes pitch as rpms go up, but no noise in any other gears.