200-4R Max effort pump build-what’s your opinion?

PonchoMan

I’m finishing up my 200-4R max effort build. It’s a full billet, roller, manual VB trans and was curious about opinions on pump upgrades. Here’s how I’m setting the pump up: 690/088 halves, like new, .250 drilled drain back, 10vane billet rotor, organge pressure relief with ss washer at the nail, .555 TV and .300 int/Reverse boost, Precision Industries WOT pump line upgrade (connects TCC exhaust to pump inlet), extreme duty pressure regulator valve with increased rate spring and a hardened stator support, rotor clearance set at .002. For this type of transmission would you do something different? Thanks in advance!

I like a Teflon coated bushing, staked in there so it doesn't walk. What are you doing with the slide spring? I like a sonnax outer with a stock inner to keep the slide at max volume longer. I use hex head bolts red locktighted in to hold the stator support instead of the cap screws per the ck manual. I'm not sure on the pressure setup you mentioned. I use a .500 boost, .283 rev boost and a 700r4 spring to get decent pressures. If you have too much you will get 2nd gear starts. Be sure to set up the direct and band clearances or you will have slushy shifts no matter the pressure.

I like a Teflon coated bushing, staked in there so it doesn't walk. What are you doing with the slide spring? I like a sonnax outer with a stock inner to keep the slide at max volume longer. I use hex head bolts red locktighted in to hold the stator support instead of the cap screws per the ck manual. I'm not sure on the pressure setup you mentioned. I use a .500 boost, .283 rev boost and a 700r4 spring to get decent pressures. If you have too much you will get 2nd gear starts. Be sure to set up the direct and band clearances or you will have slushy shifts no matter the pressure.
Thanks for the insight, I have the same dual spring on the slide and the PR valve system should reach max 290 psi. The direct clutch is already built with in spec with .038 but on the tighter side. I’ll get the band set once I fill the case. Thanks again!