200-4R durability

You say A full billet trans. in every car that runs faster than low 11's, I would disagree with that. I can see why you would push those billet parts and as your opinion would be slightly bias, in my eyes, as you are the person profiting from these billet part sales. For example your billet drum went from 449.00 to below 279.00 as you guaranteed to beat the sale of another advertising vendor. At that price your still turning a nice profit on this single billet part but I can hardly say you were doing a service to the Buick community with your past pricing. There is a fine line between getting paid for your time and effort and flat out taking advantage. As far as the 1999.00 full billet special goes there's alot more parts in that tranny that can fail then the 4 or 5 billet parts. I would rather go with a builder who is honest and fair with his pricing from the beginning. I would much rather go down the track with a well built unit over a unit with a pile of billet parts . IMO

Finally someone that understands what is going on.

After 25 years of being in the business I know what needs to be done to properly build a 2004r transmission,and what parts break in a 2004R.I sell what I believe to be an excellent product at a very fair price.What I make on my products is really no concern of yours. I build transmission with billet parts standard ,not as an option.Brand new pump,not rebuilt ,not remanufactured.Dual fed direct and calibrations that work.That is what I find works the best for me,my product and my customers.At the price Im offering the STAGE 1 and STAGE 2 transmissions you really cant say Im taking advantage.Your guru made a statement that everyone building this transmissions is an amutuer.Now hes eating his tongue and face.Go play your game with someone else.

Lonnie ,I wish I would have not taken your call .Your a dirtbag,just like Steve Greiner.You guys call me and buy parts at a discount ,gossip,lie,apologize for trying to make look like an idiot in your posts and then come back and do it again.Same thing with Brian.Just got his parts delivered yesterday and is on the computer running his mouth.I want to get paid for my parts Brian,eat the valve bodies.There will be no parts sales EVER again to either one of you.It just shows that youll swallow your pride to call me and save some money on parts.That is what this is all about to the both of you ,saving money and making money.The sale has enraged you because of the pricing.Go look in the mirror and say"The sale has enraged me because of his pricing".Lonnie I have never called you for help,you have called me on a regular basis for years,I dont call you.Dont run that crap here.Its over,another one of your nice fone calls isnt going to fix it.Good luck,and be real.Iam.Dont keep coming back on here playing that game.

Sometime's i like to bring fire to a good fight like this,, so here my question and see who will respond.....
Out of all the trans builders here(in this thread) who has not droped their prices since chris has offered them cheaper????//

whats bad i might make a few mad here.......

Lonnie ,I wish I would have not taken your call .Your a dirtbag,just like Steve Greiner.You guys call me and buy parts at a discount ,gossip,lie,apologize for trying to make look like an idiot in your posts and then come back and do it again.Same thing with Brian.Just got his parts delivered yesterday and is on the computer running his mouth.I want to get paid for my parts Brian,eat the valve bodies.There will be no parts sales EVER again to either one of you.It just shows that youll swallow your pride to call me and save some money on parts.That is what this is all about to the both of you ,saving money and making money.The sale has enraged you because of the pricing.Go look in the mirror and say"The sale has enraged me because of his pricing".Lonnie I have never called you for help,you have called me on a regular basis for years,I dont call you.Dont run that crap here.Its over,another one of your nice fone calls isnt going to fix it.Good luck,and be real.Iam.Dont keep coming back on here playing that game.

Chris,
This will be the last time I address you in a public forum. We talked the other day and I did apologize for a comment in one of my post that you did not deserve. We cleared the air and that was the end of that. I offered to make it public you asked me not to.

I bought 2 inputs from you that I paid for. I needed them and was a week out on my own and could not wait. I have never called you a name or your business in a public forum and still will not do that as we agreed as men we would handle that in private. I can see once again I am now a dirt bag. You sure did not feel like that when you were taking my money when I was buying drums and other parts from you so many I can not count. Paying $400+ each for 3 or 4 on Friday and then seeing the one day special on Sunday for $250. If you think the other vendors buying parts from you dont feel the same way you are wrong. So I had to do my own thing.

You post that you have corrected all these issues with these 200s. Proof shows they were handling the power long before you came on the scene. I take pride in the product I build and stand behind it. You will not see me chase you in this price war. IMO I build a superior product and stand behind it. The customer comes first. I have a customer in Miami that just does not like the way his trans shifts. I will be on a plane to go see him working on his car March 4th out of my pocket. I have made trips like that over the years to make the customer happy with the product I sell. That is important to me. I put my heart and soul into this business. I have helped my customers at the races when they have had an issue and driven 5 hours home to get parts to get them down the track at the nationals. I have spent thousands of dollars in the Buick community in classes and sponsorship free parts and transmissions. How have you contributed to the Buick community?? How many times you travel to resolve a problem you have had??

Yes I have called you and shared information. If you choose not to remember that being A TWO WAY STREET so be it. Tell that story the way you want to you will get no argument from me. You choose not to sell parts thats your decision. Like I told you on the phone the other day. I have my own and dont need parts unless I was in a jam. I am sorry you see opposition as a problem. You can say what ever you want but I need to be quiet. Not happening. You think I am pissed about a sale?? What I am pissed about is very simple. You make your post as you are the only builder who knows how to build a 2004R. In the process you discredit every other builder as if they are doing a disservice to their customer by not supplying additional billet parts that you manufacture. The same guys that helped you prosper by purchasing your parts over the years that you now have priced to them so they can not compete in your own sale. Great Marketing!!!!!! That's what pisses me off. Chris I don't need your parts anymore. Of course no one likes to burn a bridge in a pinch but so be it. Even you told me you buy inputs outside when you have no choice.

As for your comments about Steve. Steve Griner has never purchased anything from you. Although you have purchased from and him and returned the parts you purchased in unusable condition.

I am done with this.

Brian I have everything Chris has if needed. Will have output shafts in about 3-4 weeks. I Promise the parts you get from me will be usable and not need to be returned. If I can help call me.

Sometime's i like to bring fire to a good fight like this,, so here my question and see who will respond.....
Out of all the trans builders here(in this thread) who has not droped their prices since chris has offered them cheaper????//

You wont make me mad. Prices will not change.

So your saying you have not drop your price on the trans you build from the start of all this mess, or since chris has lowered his prices? with the same parts?

So your saying you have not drop your price on the trans you build from the start of all this mess, or since chris has lowered his prices? with the same parts?

You are correct. Dont use same parts. Check out the website tomorrow evening see for yourself.

For the record, I have a car here i put together over 2 years ago that runs 11.20s at 120 on pump gas on radials or slicks with a consistant 1.5 60 ft that has a BONE STOCK internal trans for clutches bands and hard parts.
It has a hardened stator,my own calibration,no deep pan,stock filter and he has put over 20k miles and 100 passes on it and it still shifts great with 60k miles on it.

After 25 years of being in the business I know what needs to be done to properly build a 2004r transmission,and what parts break in a 2004R.I sell what I believe to be an excellent product at a very fair price.What I make on my products is really no concern of yours. I build transmission with billet parts standard ,not as an option.Brand new pump,not rebuilt ,not remanufactured.Dual fed direct and calibrations that work.That is what I find works the best for me,my product and my customers.At the price Im offering the STAGE 1 and STAGE 2 transmissions you really cant say Im taking advantage.Your guru made a statement that everyone building this transmissions is an amutuer.Now hes eating his tongue and face.Go play your game with someone else.

NAH im not gonna say it...uh ..screw it I am because I dont want anyone else going through what i and a few other friends have went through with his units not lasting and some had.."BILLET" parts but the frictions would NOT last.

I know the stage 1 I got from you several years back was crap... never shifted right...had a 3 second delay on 3-2 kickdown whether manual or TV min or Max. It had no wire harness in the case and no psi switches and was orderded L/U(had teh l/u solenoid though), the elec connector on the case was broken and leaked and I was charged for a BRF and got a CZ VB.

Postons made it right thank god!

Postons gave you the boot because your transmissions wouldnt hold up and you would not get the units that failed rebuilt and back out in a timely manner...PERIOD.

Buyer beware.

I was rooked by your lip hype on the net back then...never again!

To the OP my apologies for further screw of your thread

If I were to get specific, it would be about more than one builder.
So no my post wasn't aimed at one specific builder despite what some of the "nuthuggers" here may seem to think.

Dave does fit into the category of "PM sent" though.
Anybody need me to quote that?
Very good name calling!

If all the vendors drop there prices,all the vendors loose. Dropping your prices doesn't make you right,doesn't prove the other guy wrong,and doesn't mean the purchaser is getting a good deal. It only means you'll make less money.

So who makes the best Trans? I need one :biggrin:j/k
Bruce,Dave,Lonnie,and Brian are the ones I have personal experience with. My experience with Lonnie is hearsay from Dave. My experience with Brian is from a telephone conversation. The personal help I received came from Bruce (PTS) and Dave. Lonnie or Brian is probably closest to you.

tnasty,we already covered this in your attempt to crap on me last year in this forum.That trans was 5 years ago.You bought it from postons,not me.It was a PAE unit I freshened for JIM at postons that he sold you.Postons is out of business,I am still here.

If your personal experience with dave is from a phone call,or via email,why did you vote for him in "who built your trans"?That makes you a liar doesnt it?

If your personal experience with dave is from a phone call,or via email,why did you vote for him in "who built your trans"?That makes you a liar doesnt it?

Before you call someone a liar you should reread their post as that is not what he said.

See ya,Kip

ttype6,,, you made the right choice of words for me,,,,

It only means you'll make less money.

I would still like to know why so much of a drop in price in chris's trans all of a sudden,,, maybe someone else is making the hard parts beside chris? of coarse someone is......

maybe these guys will post what they was charging for the same units, what chris is selling now..... since he lowered his prices... i want to see price's!!!!! that will tell the story. If you talk the talk post it up.

also i'm not taking chris's side neither... i just like to know why could not charge the price you do now from like 4 months ago,,,,,i know metal has not went down...

Bruce,Dave,Lonnie,and Brian are the ones I have personal experience with. My experience with Lonnie is hearsay from Dave

I don't have a nickel in this but the above quote certainly seems to contradict itself.

FWIW, as one who has been running the 200-4R's in older musclecars/ponycars since the late 80's, I am grateful to ALL of the builders who have either posted or are mentioned in this thread for their dedication and continued development of this great little hydramatic beyond what anyone would have thought possible back in 87!