200-4r build videos

Can we ask questions here?
In vid #2 tat 3:58 there is mention of the bison trick to line up the oil hole in the planetary with the oil hole in the shaft. I will do some research in the 2004r principles of operation but I'm guessing this is oil for the planetary lube? does the oil come out of the shaft? Where does the oil go into the shaft?

Either way I'm sure Ill have more questions. This is a great series. Thanks for making the vids and posting them. Good Stuff!

Can we ask questions here?
In vid #2 tat 3:58 there is mention of the bison trick to line up the oil hole in the planetary with the oil hole in the shaft. I will do some research in the 2004r principles of operation but I'm guessing this is oil for the planetary lube? does the oil come out of the shaft? Where does the oil go into the shaft?

Either way I'm sure Ill have more questions. This is a great series. Thanks for making the vids and posting them. Good Stuff!
Ask all the questions you want. I will preface this as it not "Gospel", but just my take. I have taken stuff from other builders, and I usually give them credit when I use their tips.

There's a lube hole in the output shaft, there's a lube hole in the planet that splines onto it. There's a groove machined all the way around the shaft. Lining up the two just give oil a more direct path.

As far as the lube path, you are welcome to look at the schematics in the principals of operation.

HOLY BUCKETS !!! Now this is awesome !!!! Thank you for taking the time to do this !

I have always feared learning anything about transmission sorcery. I will watch these and try to learn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh cool!!! I can’t wait till I get home so I can watch it he rest of these. I never realized how cool automatic transmissions actually worked inside. Great videos