20 psi safe for my mods?

GNbythebay

My 1986 buick grand national has 57k with the following mods. Upgraded fuel system (pump/ 42lbs injectors) turbo tweak chip upgraded valve Springs alky control kit CAI rjc power throttle body plate fuel pressure regulator cat back exhaust and maybe a little more small things. My car runs fine no break up at full throttle on 20 psi but I don't want to be pushing my engine if it can't take it. So my question is is 20 psi to much or could I even run alittle more or would it be safe if I turn it down.

What these guys said... Some type of scan tool is a must. Do you know what the timing is set at?

My 1986 buick grand national has 57k with the following mods. Upgraded fuel system (pump/ 42lbs injectors) turbo tweak chip upgraded valve Springs alky control kit CAI rjc power throttle body plate fuel pressure regulator cat back exhaust and maybe a little more small things. My car runs fine no break up at full throttle on 20 psi but I don't want to be pushing my engine if it can't take it. So my question is is 20 psi to much or could I even run alittle more or would it be safe if I turn it down.
You can run a lot more with the alky on a stock motor we have seen up to 30psi on pump gas alky with the stock turbo.make sure you have good fuel pressure and o knock and volts to the pump.you will be needing at least a shift kit and trans cooler especially if your on a good tire with the boost up.the trans will need to be done if you really want to push the car.

I wouldn't hesitate to run 20-25psi. Beyond that I bet you dont pick up much power. I'd probably turn the alchy up a little rather than base fueling. if you got any knock just pull a degree and retest.

A stock turbo past 25lbs I would think your producing more heat than anything else.

Way back in the day when I ran a stock turbo I ran 22-23lbs of boost and that seemed to be the sweet spot, but just on C-16 race fuel no Alky or E85 for me at that time. I tried 25-27lbs but not really a difference... of course your only going to get so much out 371rwhp with a 3700lb car. It was a 12.0 car with a few 11.9's mixed in here and there.