2 wastegates?

chubba

i have a wastegate on top and one on the bottom i wil post the pic of the one on the bottom any reson why? im also looking for headers downpipe and exhust replacement any sugestions where and what to buy i have a ta49 thecurrent downpipe is ahokker 2.5.View attachment 120295

.wastegate on bottom as in the crossover pipe? does it fuction? As for headers/exhaust, take your pick, gbodyparts.com BuickGN.com along with all the other turbo buick vendors.

For exhaust I bought a hooker catback, It was the only one I could find at the time. I had coated it before I installed it, basic Hi temp coat. It is made of mild steel so it will rust out in time, never know when tho. So....I will advise you to get Pypes or any exhaust system of a stainless steel nature:cool: cost between full stainless system and mild isnt much, in fact might be less.

yes its on the crossover and it dose function just dont know if its needed or the perpose

From what I recall, it being there is a old school way of adding a better wastegate. I still dont understand why you have two tho, sorry. When you do buy a Downpipe choose between external or internal wastegate setup. I would go external. The best location for a external wastegate is right before the turbo inlet (header to turbo UP pipe) welded at the right angle of course,never a T or against the exhaust. The stock style is just as good tho.

I can't see the pic so I am unsure of exactly what you have but running two wastegates was fairly common in the early 90's when there were few options available for wastegates. Which Hooker DP do you-the stock replacement one that uses the stock elbow or the one that replaces the elbow and has the deltagate monunted on it? If you have the one that replaces the elbow and there is nothing wrong with it you should be able to get low 11's before its a restriction. I have had cars with external gates and internal gates and both work well so its largely up to you on what you want. There are 9 second cars with both set ups so there is not really a wrong answer on which way to go. As far as headers if yours are in proper working order just stick with the stockers. The stock headers will go way farther than the TA49 will take you. Many cars have gone 9's with stock headers