2 step problem

muzz

I bought a bob bailey 2 step about three years ago. I am just now getting around to hooking it up again. The first time i tried to use it made the ignition break up at any rpm. I let a friend try it on his car and he didn't have any problems.
Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks for the help.

Did the same thing on my car. I pm'ed bob and never heard back so I sold it.

Same as above. Mine did the same thing. No one could help. Sold it and someone else used it without issue

Try a different ignition module I had to swap mine to get the 2 step to work properly.
I eventually went to the TR6 ignition.

I had to go to an old delco module it did not like the blue streak.

Things aren't looking very good. It's really my own fault for waiting so long. I'm sure i could have sent it back if i had called them when i first noticed it. Thanks everyone for the help.

it seems like some of the ignition modules put out noisy signals. The stock ECM handles that ok. but the 2-step mis reads it as excessive RPM.

If you can tell me the serial number I can look to see if it has the latest software which is less sensitive to this.

And / or if you are near-ish to me we can troubleshoot/fix it in the car.

Bob

unless its been updated, you are on pretty old software there.

Bob

What's the best way to update it? Do i have to send it in? I'm glad it's a simple fix. Thank you.

updating it is pretty easy.

I just checked and the software on my web page is old. email me at bob *at* bailey-eng *dot* com and I will send you an update.

B

I don't think so. can you send it again, or give me your email address

b