2-step limiter

87-WE4

Ok so last season I put on a baileys 2-step rev limiter and it worked fine first 2 passes. Then the next pass my car would miss and lose boost psi. Figured it was the coil pack or module. Well this year I've changed both and tested it and now it's not only missing it's killing the car. I also have a alky control kit and I have tried turning it down at low boost thinking it was flooding it so I turned it off and still misses and shuts off. Any ideas?

Mine did the same thing and i was told there is a program update to fix it. I never did get the update though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It starts to miss when reaching full setting for it to limit for example 2700 rpm. Instead of studdering it misses and goes from 10 psi boost down to 5 then most of the time kills the engine.

Ok, it sounds like the fuel needs to be adjusted (richened up) when the 2-step is active. I would have to make an adjustment to the chip programming. Which chip do you have?

You have to have the fuel correction turned off .

I'll need to make a change to the program. You'll need to send the chip to me. If you want, send me an email or PM and I'll get you fixed up.

Ok, it sounds like the fuel needs to be adjusted (richened up) when the 2-step is active. I would have to make an adjustment to the chip programming. Which chip do you have?
Eric, is this something that needs to be done with all chips when running the 2-step ? I'm getting ready to hook up my TR6 2 step before I bring my car out this spring . Do I need to send my chip back to you ?? It's a 6.1 wideband / E85 chip . Thanks , Sam

I've been doing it on a case-by-case basis, since not everyone has the issue. Some cars need more fuel while on the 2-step or it will pop and spit.

Would it be helpful to have a powerlogger file of what it's doing should I have this problem ? Also what is the turnaround time for reprogramming? Thanks , Sam

+1 for me, too. Same boat as dynoman. TR6 on standby. Running a Gen2 Translator and Bailey chip from fullthrottle. Is this something that can be resolved in the Translator (for those that have them)? Or will the chip have to be sent out?