2 birds with one stone

ttypewhite

I took the Buick to my buddy Jack @ Racetronics BBQ. This has been the first time in years that the wife got to feel Brutus breathe. The last time she felt a full pass in this car was when it was running low 11's. At anyrate we were heading back to the sitters to pick up our kids. As I passed the Donutshop we saw a couple of the LS1 guys in the parking lot. I was talking to this kid at PSP's shop last week that wanted to run me. We said we would do it this weekend, just me and him. Well we had our chance last night. As I got to the next set of lights, I had a Z06, a SS Procharged Camaro and stock C5 Vette swarm me. I told the wife its time to dance so hold on. The Z06 was the first victim. I had the boost up and the dual nozzle alky kit flowing. When the lights turned green we were on it. We came out pretty even until I pulled 2nd gear. Once I got some traction in 2nd the race was over, it wasn't even close. I could fit buses inbetween us. Then the Procharged LS1 had his turn. When we saw each other we laughed and said lets do it. Those friggin cog belt Prochargers are so loud I couldn't hear my car anymore. We couldn't line it up at the set of lights so we slowed down to 1st gear and hit it at 40kms. The 1st pass I aborted because of traction. The 2nd pass he jumped me by 1/2 a car and the fight was on. On my radials its a chore getting traction without frying these things. So i eased into it gradually and put my foot down in the middle of 2nd gear. This 4.1 has me giddy with the 70GTQ on it. Between the added torque and the instant spooling, words can't express. I am so happy with this combo that Dan @ DLS helped me with. I gained that 1/2 car up at the top of 2nd gear, by 3rd the car was charging away from the LS1. When I put 2 cars on him I backed off. Then we did it in 2nd gear and I grounded up right away and put him away. My wife was quiet. I thought I was up sh its creek, and she says ,"no wonder you love wrenching on this car, I was too scared to scream but too shocked, to see if the car would continued to pull". Then got lectured for picking and choosing my spots because this car can kill you if your not carefull.
With that said we grabbed the kids and went to Unionville Main street for dessert and watched the kids ride their scooters around the stage were the live band was playing. When we got home I taped the UFC and watched it. One of the best nights I have had in a long time.

Awseome kills!!!! I'll bet you're still smiling today....lol
I see you're running the 70gtq & was just wondering how much boost you were running? Also, what stall are you using?

Thanks.....The Darkside:cool:

I'd say thats a 9 sec stone.........:biggrin:

My wife would still be beating the **** out of me...:eek:

Alright Mike.. Way to go..:biggrin:

At least your wife will still get in the car without a verbal, written and notarized statement saying..."I will not punch it"...:redface:

Alright Mike.. Way to go..:biggrin:

At least your wife will still get in the car without a verbal, written and notarized statement saying..."I will not punch it"...:redface:

That's funny as sheit. My wife won't let me punch mine either. :biggrin:

Its a Stage I 4.1 with all the forged stroker goodies(274ci) and a RJC girdle. I am running 22psi on alky and I have a ATI 3400 to 3500 9" stall. When I hear that saying there is no subsitute for cubic inch, I completely understand now. Its virtually the same combo I had last year with more displacement and alumium heads that flow less then the ones I was running last year. Don I want my heads back;) Yesterday the car got treated like royalty. Got a full wax and detail, oil change, valve adjustment, and I was just starting to install my electronic AMS boost controller.
The G-forces must have jarred the wifes head because she was vaccumming the interior:eek: . Usually she is looking for lighter fluid to burn it to the ground. The kids love the car and now the wife is turning the corner. I got 2 car seats in the back with a DVD player for the kids to watch, with 2 fold out chairs in the trunk and the kids scooters. Thats what I call having your cake and eating it too.:biggrin:

Great Storey Mike.

Glad to hear your Combo is working out.

My kids are the only reason my car is not caged. I think they love my GN as much as I do.

Scooters in the Trunk is a GREAT idea.... Thanks :biggrin:

way to go mike, you have what i would say the best looking whitettype i've seen, i also have that same turbo 70dual bb, i have 4' inlet and 3' outlet , were you at 22lbs or 25lbs? those 3lbs make ahell of a difference. awesome kill mike. and great 1/4 mile time also, that's what i want to hit just one high 9 pass :cool:

way to go mike, you have what i would say the best looking whitettype i've seen, i also have that same turbo 70dual bb, i have 4' inlet and 3' outlet , were you at 22lbs or 25lbs? those 3lbs make ahell of a difference. awesome kill mike. and great 1/4 mile time also, that's what i want to hit just one high 9 pass :cool:

Thanks, I have had this car since I was 16 so I hold it real close to me. I am running 22psi on the street with the alky. The tune is ok but I am not 100% confident in my tunning ability to start pushing my luck past that. With the alky on there is not alot of fuel from the injectors being injected in the motor. Majority is coming from the alky. I have got to link up with a good tuner on the alky to show me how to do it safely and what to watch out for. Just don't want to hurt the motor by lack of knowledge.:redface: My wife used my cell phone to video tape the run. i will see if I can get this on my computer. Its really crappy quality because it doesn't take good shots/video at night, and the audio is distorted from the noise of both cars.

love it.thats a good kill ls1 cars are tough.one of my rides is a 01 truck with a 6.0 and that thing runs good.awesome car

Its a Stage I 4.1 with all the forged stroker goodies(274ci) and a RJC girdle. I am running 22psi on alky and I have a ATI 3400 to 3500 9" stall. When I hear that saying there is no subsitute for cubic inch, I completely understand now. Its virtually the same combo I had last year with more displacement and alumium heads that flow less then the ones I was running last year. Don I want my heads back;) Yesterday the car got treated like royalty. Got a full wax and detail, oil change, valve adjustment, and I was just starting to install my electronic AMS boost controller.
The G-forces must have jarred the wifes head because she was vaccumming the interior:eek: . Usually she is looking for lighter fluid to burn it to the ground. The kids love the car and now the wife is turning the corner. I got 2 car seats in the back with a DVD player for the kids to watch, with 2 fold out chairs in the trunk and the kids scooters. Thats what I call having your cake and eating it too.:biggrin:

I always leave my babyseat in the back when I go to the track. Nothing like driving to the track and running 11's on pump gas and driving home and having people looking in the back seeing that seat.

Nice!! I can't run with my girlfriend in the car she get to scared and starts to cry. :rolleyes: lol :D

My wife is the same way. Loves cars and loves driving the old cruisers but not into fast at all! So I only drive the "T" occasionally to run errands.

Mikey