1st time head replacement

You may want to consider pulling engine out for ease of access and your lower back. If not, your back will tell you about it.

Update:
Heads are off thanks to my new buddy Tyler aka marleyskater420. I can’t even begin to thank you enough for coming all the out to my home to assist me.
I just wanted to give this guy his respect not only does he know these cars, his customer service is beyond great. He made a 2hr drive to help me pull the heads yesterday free of charge, he even started cleaning up my wiring harness for me. It’s good to know that good people still exist.

Update:
Heads are off thanks to my new buddy Tyler aka marleyskater420. I can’t even begin to thank you enough for coming all the out to my home to assist me.
I just wanted to give this guy his respect not only does he know these cars, his customer service is beyond great. He made a 2hr drive to help me pull the heads yesterday free of charge, he even started cleaning up my wiring harness for me. It’s good to know that good people still exist.

He is the wave of the future .. sure your setup will run great when your done

Update:

Damn straight you made a new friend!!! Dude I had SO MUCH fun yesterday!!!

Corey is a fuckingAWESOME guy to work with. We were able to not only hangout and shoot the shit, but we pulled his heads off in just a few hours while still having fun and even starting some work on his wiring harnes!

It is so damn rewarding to meet people like Corey. He is an incredibly host and one of the nicest people I have met! We got along like 2 badass peas in a pod hahah!

I honestly can't wait until the next time I get to head up there and work on his car again. I think we are going to do a few cool mods to his car (Can you say Duttweiler-ported heads?!) And really clean up his whole engine bay with the braided sleeving. It is going to be a testiment to what the right mods and right way to spend money can do to these cars and completely transform them! You will see what RPS is capable of doing for their customers while keeping within their budget and getting the most possible performance out of their cars!

You have my word that the OP is going to end with a solid 11second car with just a small amount of money invested, relative to what everyone else spends.

He is the wave of the future .. sure your setup will run great when your done

Wow, I am very deeply humbled by what you said. Thank you for that! I really do enjoy working on these cars and meeting new Buick guys.

If I can bring some new light and new ideas/parts to the Buick community, and do it for an affordable price while offering unparalled customer service....well then I will be a happy man, and RPS will have accomplished what i sent out to do.

UPDATE:
I’m now cleaned up and decked out, new ported irons almost finished and on the way thanks to DankGN. Here’s some pics I’ll try to get some of the old heads that came off for an autopsy.

Attachments

• 3BBDC9B5-CC79-4F25-B908-EBFDFD5C4015.jpeg
    3BBDC9B5-CC79-4F25-B908-EBFDFD5C4015.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 5D26F2B3-10E8-4AC6-8BB1-25AD4BD7F6A1.jpeg
    5D26F2B3-10E8-4AC6-8BB1-25AD4BD7F6A1.jpeg
    1,009 KB · Views: 122
  • D655DD05-3F48-4E0A-B36E-E0A7472C444E.jpeg
    D655DD05-3F48-4E0A-B36E-E0A7472C444E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
UPDATE:
I’m now cleaned up and decked out, new ported irons almost finished and on the way thanks to DankGN. Here’s some pics I’ll try to get some of the old heads that came off for an autopsy.

Glad to hear you're making progress Corey! Lemme know if you need any help putting it back together!

Glad to hear you're making progress Corey! Lemme know if you need any help putting it back together!
Sure thing brother, I hope we can hook up soon, I’ve been working 10hr days lately, but I’ll be hitting you up early next week I have a buddy that needs some work done.

Sure thing brother, I hope we can hook up soon, I’ve been working 10hr days lately, but I’ll be hitting you up early next week I have a buddy that needs some work done.

Right on man!

I should be moving up to Chico within the next week or two, so I'll be in your neighborhood real quick.

Lemme know when you need to order your head bolts n whatnot. We'll get those stainless steel bolt kits I was telling you about for hella cheap.

What does your buddy need done on his ride? Right now I'm working on replacing this guy's complete rear suspension and potentially the front suspension as well if I have time.

I found some good hookups on some powdercoating as well.

Scope this work I've been doing on this local dude's ride. Just a little money spent on powdercoating goes a LONG way:

Head gaskets, throttle body, valvecovers, etc.

If you need help I'm around. Been in Fairfield with ya boy lately.

UPDATE:

Finally got everything back together, thanks again to everyone that chimed in. I’m definitely satisfied with DankGNs machine work on the new heads, I gotta be honest, I went with him because he is very knowledgeable about these cars also he’s relatively young. New business deserves opportunity. My car sounds and feels like a v8 now that’s to Chris.
Marleyskater420 came by my house free of charge and helped with the tear down and that was a great help he kept everything in order and labeled.
Earl brown had every gasket that I needed and lots of TurboBuick info, YAMABOND Forever!!
I’ve only done a few heat cycles haven’t had time to drive the car yet only issue I noticed is the condensate from exhaust, but it will probably burn off after some intown and highway driving. Thanks again everyone.

Dude Corey! I'm up in Chico RIGHT NOW haha!

You need any help today? Cause today is a pretty open day for me besides doing my front suspension.

I'm stoked to hear it has all come together for you! Now we need to tune the bitch!

UPDATE:

Finally got everything back together, thanks again to everyone that chimed in. I’m definitely satisfied with DankGNs machine work on the new heads, I gotta be honest, I went with him because he is very knowledgeable about these cars also he’s relatively young. New business deserves opportunity. My car sounds and feels like a v8 now that’s to Chris.
Marleyskater420 came by my house free of charge and helped with the tear down and that was a great help he kept everything in order and labeled.
Earl brown had every gasket that I needed and lots of TurboBuick info, YAMABOND Forever!!
I’ve only done a few heat cycles haven’t had time to drive the car yet only issue I noticed is the condensate from exhaust, but it will probably burn off after some intown and highway driving. Thanks again everyone.

Dank has become a bright star here in Buick world. Very nice to have new blood around for our head work. Sometime it may get scary around here with the age of our cars. And who knows how long ( Tom ) Champion and others will still be here. Kudos too DankGN !!!

UPDATE:

Dank has become a bright star here in Buick world. Very nice to have new blood around for our head work. Sometime it may get scary around here with the age of our cars. And who knows how long ( Tom ) Champion and others will still be here. Kudos too DankGN !!!

It means a lot hearing this from some fellow turbo buick enthusiasts I figure there really isn’t anyone stepping there game up to take care of our small little community so I’m happy to do my best so these 30 plus year old turbo buicks can go out into the world and hurt some feelings against all these new mustangs and Camaros

It means a lot hearing this from some fellow turbo buick enthusiasts I figure there really isn’t anyone stepping there game up to take care of our small little community so I’m happy to do my best so these 30 plus year old turbo buicks can go out into the world and hurt some feelings against all these new mustangs and Camaros

You're doing killer work man. Really.

I sell em the parts, you put it together ;) ....not a bad Cali team :D

Dude Corey! I'm up in Chico RIGHT NOW haha!

You need any help today? Cause today is a pretty open day for me besides doing my front suspension.

I'm stoked to hear it has all come together for you! Now we need to tune the bitch!
We gotta get together soon, and btw your 13mm socket finally showed up

I told you. That stuff is like Franks Red Hot! lol

Frank’s Red Hot is for wings man!

And while most might argue about the fact that it takes 15 years to brew a batch of Tabasco makes it tops. However, anyone from Louisiana will tell you Crystal Hot Sauce has the best flavor!!

Sorry for the detour OP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk