1st gen F body

Oh ok. The D585 truck coils are the best as far as durability and output. They have the same mounting pattern as the 581's but also have an external heat sink.

I went to the boneyard this past weekend and found the exact coils you have, which seem to be called the LS2 coils or D581.

I seem to remember when the TR6 first came out that he specifically said you cannot run truck coils... not sure if that's changed

4" intake tube. All the tubes came polished but I chose to give them the "brushed" look with WD40 and a Scotch Brite pad.
20160713_175148.jpg

Realized I haven't updated in a while. Car is running and driving. Shifter and clutch feel good. Haven't really gotten into too much boost but it feels like it wants to eat. No issues with spool up. Still have a ways to go with the interior and finishing touches.

front end.jpg

Starting to get the interior parts back from the upholstery shop. Here's the passenger seat, Morris Classic seat belts and center dash, console,etc. Will be working on getting the drivers seat and door panels installed this week.
20170521_174449.jpg

Built my own downpipe. Decided to wrap it to protect the finished hood underside and firewall. Also mocked up the unique center exhaust tip.
20170624_144451.jpg
20170624_144458.jpg
downpipe1.jpg
downpipe2.jpg

Gottdamn!

Nice job, Scott!

Hopefully we'll get to see the car in AZ sometime soon.

Got the twin nozzle ALKY installed. Went with the M15 pre-tb and the M10 pre-turbo. Subject to change once I turn the wick up and figure it out. It's a 5 gallon trunk mounted tank intended for a 5th gen Camaro install.

20171014_140630.jpg
20171014_140732.jpg
20171030_140742.jpg

That's a cool buld. Looks awesome in there. How's the Ballistic lithium battery doing? In the battery thread you mentioned you hadn't been able to drive around much to know how well it was working.

Battery is working. I do notice a drag after its been sitting a week or more. Still starts but slower than normal cranking. What I'd really like to do is figure out how to up the alternator voltage. I tried the diode trick (Google it) and it doesn't seem to work for me. The lithium batteries are 14.4 V so I'd like to get my system voltage up to 15 or so to ensure a good charge.

I know several people that do the diodes and they see about 14.4 or so volts. I have a volt booster but think I'll be switching to the diode mod.