1st gen F body

Hi Scott - on the oilpan modification; did you weld that with a standard gas-sheilded MIG welder, or some other process? I know it can be difficult to get a leak-free weld sometimes.

Yes to mig. Tig would have been nicer but not within my capabilities. Welded it inside and out. Still had a few minute leaks that I fixed one at a time. After that I JB Welded the entire seam then sanded 95% of it back off. Kind of like bodyworking it for looks and to take care of any possible seepage. After that etching primer and wrinkle black paint.

Good procedure there.
I figured more time than "the average guy would imagine" went into that oilpan. It's amazing how the time adds up!

Steering shaft complete! :) Ended up with a combination of a dent in the header and a necked down shaft.
20130509_183444.jpg

Hydroboost finally arrived. I'm accumulating all the parts to complete the brakes as soon as I'm recovered enough from my neck surgery. Sweet! After that...fuel system.
IMG_5434.jpg

Tell me more about that master cylinder Scott. Is it for 4 wheel discs and it bolts right up to a hydro boost unit?

I'm curious on the motor mounts....if where the clam shells on the frame make the V6 sit more forward or not than the V8...?

Yeah, If you mount the original mounts on the crossmember, there would be about 8" between the engine and the firewall. The transmission kit came with a crossmember so I just bolted the motor/trans combo together then bolted in the trans crossmember, wherever the mounts ended up is what I went with.

Details and pics of the mounts are on page 2 of this thread. It would have been really simple with a steering box

Small update time. Had to overcome an obstacle with the linkage from the clutch pedal to the clutch master cylinder. Needed to do an offset, there was no way it would work otherwise. Good to go now. I also bolted up the TA Performance water pump. Shout out to Nick Micale (ArizonaGN) and TA Performance, the pump was a raffle prize from the Bates Nut Farm Buick Show earlier this summer. Thanks Nick and TA!!
20130904_154345.jpg
20130904_181259.jpg

Nice job Scott !!!

Hey can I borrow your engine for a while????? You wont be needing it for some time...LOL

Bryan

A few updates to share. I go the Hydratech Hydro Boost installed with the trick Wilwood proportioning valve. I also removed the rear end and suspension and did some detailing including the bedliner on the underside. Finally, got some sweet rear brakes from Rick Elam (great guy), after working through some issues that included new Moser axles, it starting to look good. Next up is running the brake lines and then fuel system.
20131027_115108.jpg
20131122_174758.jpg
20140214_215740_resized.jpg
rearbrakes.jpg
rearbrakes1.jpg

That's looking really good! That underbody coating will be great for noise deadening. It'll feel like a late model car.
Just curious; with the clutch M/C, is there any problem with side-loading due to the offset linkage?

It seems to go in and out really smooth but I know others have had issues so time will tell. If I hadn't done the offset then it definitely would not have lasted. I have a short video of the clutch operating but not sure how to post it ??