1st gen F body

Nice job ...and just think you'll get good mpg with the combo your running and that's huge today with gas being so damn expensive

HYBRID section pretty slow lately. Guess I could provide an update. Power locks with keyless entry DONE, 9" screen Sony stereo with 4 channel amp DONE, power windows wired, awaiting glass install. Perfect Tuning gauge DONE, definitely recommend this if you have ECU-GN or MS3 PNP and don't want to go as far as a Pi-Dash. Tons of info and easy install.

Attachments

• radio+guage.jpg
    radio+guage.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 75
Still haven't finished the car. Needs side glass, headliner, and door panels. I'd also like to re-gear it. First gear is really short with the 4.11s and at 80 mph in sixth, it's at 2400 rpm. I'm thinking 3.50 is the sweet spot. Almost 900 miles on the car now. Its a blast to drive.
Highly recommended mod was the Gentex 453 mirror, they are all over the pick-a-parts and Ebay for cheap. This is a 3 wire version with homelink, auto-dimming and compass. You can also do a 5-wire if you want to add an external temp sensor. Cheers! Scott

Attachments

• mirror1.jpg
    mirror1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 45
Good work, Scott!
I'm thinkin, that mirror might be a bugger to wire up in a TR...... :) Would be a cool upgrade though.

Good work, Scott!
I'm thinkin, that mirror might be a bugger to wire up in a TR...... :) Would be a cool upgrade though.
Batt, IGN, and ground. I wired the bat and ign together so only two wires. Only downside to that way is no homelink unless key is on. You would have to drop the headliner a bit for a clean install

Not sure why but I'm obsessing over adding new technology to this old car. Except for the 87 engine lol. Here's a pic of the next venture, anyone know what it is?
ibooster.jpg

Took me a week with just basic tools, but Accessory Bracket 2.0 is done! I built one of these a while back but was never stoked about it. This time I made it much lighter and moved the power steering up 1/2" and the Sanden AC compressor up and in to give more clearance to the upper control arm for camber adjustments.
accbracket.jpg
accbracket1.jpg
accbracketaccessories.jpg
accbracketmounted.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!

Wanna sell me the Hydro Boost kit? :)
Haha. Yes actually. Although Im not sure if it's a direct bolt on for a Gbody? I will also have a very nice PSC reservoir with the three fittings for hydroboost and the 1 1/8 Wilwood master cylinder

Oh, in the vid you say it's a gen 1 from a Tesla. Do you think the master cylinder bore size would be the right size for a TB?

Looks like the Tesla S has the brake line ports on the left side. That might be helpful on a TB.

First part of the EPS (Electric Power Steering) conversion is done. Here's my new accessory drive with an idler in place of the power steering pump.
psdelete.jpg

@Scott Atk who did you work with on the iBooster? I am thinking of doing the swap. I think I found the stuff separately; adapter plate from one place, electrical connectors from another. There are a few 1st gen units on ebay for decent prices.