1989 Turbo Trans Am

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
As much as I absolutely hate to sell this car, I need to stick with one project and finish the Buick first. So, putting the '89 TTA I just bought up for sale. These cars are going up in value and it's getting harder to find examples that are unmodified. The unmodified part is what would get me in trouble....already have a set of 009's and chip that I'm itching to throw on the car. I know once the mods started, it would be hard to stop, so time to remove temptation from my hands....:eek: :biggrin:

'89 Turbo Trans Am/Indy Pace Car edition.....48,500 original miles w/clean CARFAX. Car is a one-owner, all original car. No modifications done what so ever, unless you count new tires as a mod....lol. Mechanically, the car is in excellent condition. I just had the same mechanic who built my Turbo T go through the car and give it a thorough checkup, changed all fluids, filters. Car also has been given a good tuneup with new plugs, crank sensor, o2 sensor. Only thing we are still tinkering with is an exhaust leak on the driver's side...otherwise, the car is running 100%.

Cosmetically, the car is in very good shape considering it sat under a tree for 2 1/2 years. The only rust we have found is the trim panel between the T-tops. The panel is still available from GM Parts Direct or several 3rd Gen vendors. Rear spoiler has the usual cracks, as is common with these cars. Fiberglass replicas are available, but aren't cheap unfortunately. The rest of the body is in exellent shape.....only place that needs any paintwork is the nose. It looks like it was painted and not enough flex additives were mixed in, so when someone/something leaned/pushed against the nose, the paint cracked and split.

On to the really good stuff now. I have the complete owner's kit, including the original decal kit that was never installed. Also have the original window sticker, build sheet, all supplements that came with the TTA, plus some original dealer literature about the TTA/Indy Pace Car. The complete owner's kit is hard to find nowadays, so that was a nice bonus when I bought the car.

Price is $13,500....below what most in the Auto Trader and other pubs are selling for. NADA Specialty car guide puts good condition, average retail at $15,700 with no mention of mileage. Click the link in my sig for a few pics and some info on these bad ass 3rd Gen F-bodies. If you need more pics, just PM me or shoot me an email at Slo86GN@yahoo.com . Thanks much folks, and have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays....:biggrin:

Turbo2.JPG

LOL....that's the silly thing about it all. I've only had the car a few weeks, but had someone talk trash about Ol Gray, so it's time to sell so I can finish the T. I haven't even titled the car yet, so it's still a one owner car...lol.

what is the spots on the seats?does the tops leak??and how is the carpet?to make the car 100 percent mint what would it take?thanks in advance.

what is the spots on the seats?does the tops leak??and how is the carpet?to make the car 100 percent mint what would it take?thanks in advance.

I have no idea what the spots are, but the T-tops don't leak. I gave the car a good bath right after getting home from MS with it and no drips. I was kinda worried about that due to it sitting out for so long, but it passed the drip test....lol. Biggest thing it needs to be 100% is a lot of cleaning to remove the neglect. You could have the seats recovered, but the d/s is the only one showing any real wear, but I've been told that was typical of these cars if driven very much. The nose would need to be repainted due to the splits/cracks. Here's a few pics of the interior:

TTA9.jpg

TTA19.jpg

that's a dirt cheap price for this car. The leather on these seats was junk back then. I know a guy who worked at a Pontiac dealer were several were sold and they were coming back with under 10K miles on them with seat wear. So it didn't take long and yours are not that horrible. Little TLC and this TTA can be mint! Post some engine pics!

Thanks for the reply Jim. I've been lurking in the TTA forums on here, plus a few other sites and that is the consensus in general. GM used a poor quality leather that just couldn't handle the abuse. Here's the only engine pic I have for now...all stock, just a little dirty:
TTA22.jpg

yea she will detail up well! If no bites on here just take some time to detail the car really well and for what it would cost you to do that you'll make back 10 fold when you sell it on ebay! Spring time always brings better ebay numbers! :)

If no one on here bites, then I'll start detailing her out like I did the Buick. Little paint, powdercoating here and there....she will look awesome. I just have to resist the mod bug, and it has been nibbling at me already.....lol.

After having a moment of brilliant thought (ok, the thought just occured to me out of the blue..lol), I checked the name on the title vs the person to whom the owner's kit was addressed...different person. Now I know why there was a Mississippi DMV entry in 2001. Car was originally purchased in Memphis, TN and lived there until 2001, when it was sold to the 2nd owner who lived in Greenville, MS. It was in Greenville from early 2001 until Nov 2006, when I bought it. It's nice to unravel a little more history about the car...:cool:

Cars like these get passed around all the time. I went to look at a GNX locally and the guy said it was a one owner title but 6 different people owned the car! No one ever tagged it. So anything is possible!

Well, I did a little more comparison of paperwork and the temp tag I have is addressed to the same person as on the title I have. The temp tag is from another Memphis area Pontiac/GMC dealer, so I would hazard to guess the car was traded back in by the original owner, then purchased by the person on the title/temp tag. I'm sending off the info to PHS in just a bit to get some better details plus the build number of the car. The PVL, Inc. packing list for the owner's kit is dated 3-27-89 (yes, it was still in the owner's kit..:D ), so just trying to work out the dates for the car. Hopefully the PHS info will narrow it down significantly.

Lonnie nice collection of paper work there! Take a good pic of the lable on that box the owners kit came in. I have that same box and same lable on it. I'm wondering if it came from the same place as mine. I've found all the owners of my TTA but the first owner. I know it was a woman but if that lable is where the kits came from then I'll be able to hunt her down a little more with the lable on my box! :) You can e-mail it to me if you want