1987 WE-4 Astroroof in CA

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
gone

Attachments

• Buick Resized.jpg
    Buick Resized.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 134
the cars is nice.... but to have a 18K car it also has to look nice as well.... your engine bay could have been cleaned up a bit and it would have sold.... it's not the big things that will sell the car.... it's all the little things. There is not a TR yet that I have seen that will touch my car..... but I have about 300hrs in my car..... and everything is new or refurbed..... put little time in it and you can sell it.... GLWS.... You will regret selling it 5yrs from now....

the cars is nice.... but to have a 18K car it also has to look nice as well.... your engine bay could have been cleaned up a bit and it would have sold.... it's not the big things that will sell the car.... it's all the little things. There is not a TR yet that I have seen that will touch my car..... but I have about 300hrs in my car..... and everything is new or refurbed..... put little time in it and you can sell it.... GLWS.... You will regret selling it 5yrs from now....

Right on for the advice. I guess I am just hoping that someone who is more interested in the parts and build is looking for a car like this rather than something shiny. And congrats on having a nice car.

Nice car for sure...GLWS

Thanks!

I agree. But I am very confident in my car and the build. My last stop light jump was against a new CTSV and before that a Z06. Both did not end well for the other cars.

If the car doesnt sell I will just put the bad dude rear end in, slicks, skinnys and get to work at the track. I just never seem to have the time anymore to play with it. =(

I have everything you have as fare as the motor goes..... I just did all the work myself.... so instead of paying for someone else to do it , i spent the money it would have cost to have some else build it , in parts. You learn to love your car when you spend that time with it(when you know it inside and out)..... 2days ago i was offer 25K for my car and thought that wasn't enough..... you would be hard pressed to find a thing wrong with my car..... under my car looks just as good as my top side..... I'm so proud of my car.... 25k was probley enough but how can you sell your baby.....? (I would have made 15k)

I have everything you have as fare as the motor goes..... I just did all the work myself.... so instead of paying for someone else to do it , i spent the money it would have cost to have some else build it , in parts. You learn to love your car when you spend that time with it(when you know it inside and out)..... 2days ago i was offer 25K for my car and thought that wasn't enough..... you would be hard pressed to find a thing wrong with my car..... under my car looks just as good as my top side..... I'm so proud of my car.... 25k was probley enough but how can you sell your baby.....? (I would have made 15k)

Right on for doing it yourself. I've built a few motors and cars myself over the years that have gone single digits in the quarter mile, no problem. I put plenty of time into the car, but when it came to building a Buick V6 I know that it is a lot more involved than putting good parts in, using your snap gauges and dial indicators. I've seen too many people who were great with SBC's and SBF's use the same approach and grenade their motors after only a handful of passes. That's why I humbled myself and looked around for the best builder I could find for what I was looking to do.

The guy who built the motor has put together literally hundreds of these motors that range from street sleepers like mine to super low mileage show car GNX's to all out drag/staged motors. Reason I didn't do this one myself was that when it comes to making power with these cars, I know that the builder knew more than me. Plain and simple. I've personally seen the combo that he put together nearly identicle to mine (save for his DFI to my TT tune/chip) run in the nines and make the round trip to our local race track, which is about a 90mi round trip. The builder also holds a PSCA record from a number of years ago with a Buick motor he had built that moved the record almost 2 full seconds forward. Maybe you have done all of this great stuff too with your high end Buick shop that builds some bad dude stuff, or maybe you have cars shipped from all over the country just so they are worked on by you personally, just like my builder. If so, good job!

The car has been, and always will be my baby, but I need to focus on my business. These are hard economic times for everyone and I am trying to buy a house and I could use every cent I can get my hands on. California is just too damn expensive!

I hope this post makes you feel better about me selling my car, I appreciate your concern. Since we have the same parts, maybe send that guy who was going to buy your car for 25K my way and I will charge him less......? (I would make less than 15k)