1987 V8 GN's in Canada??

HighMileage

Albany,NY
I just called my local Auto Zone looking for a tranny pan gasket.

I usually just say '87 Regal. For some reason I added it is a GN.

His voice perked up.

"Is is a 6 or 8 cylinder,sir?"

I chuckled. "They all were 6 cyls."

"Some in Canada were 8cyls.",he said.

Did one of these Auto Zone guys know more than me on this? Tell me it's not so!

Btw,they didn't have just a gasket. Ones they have come with filter. Baaaah!

Not a GN, but my old '87 factory Y56 T package. No V6 but a Olds 307 V8. (The only thing not is the air dams.)

Pic

Attachments

• 1439665972513.jpg
    1439665972513.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 174
I like the 25 year old kids in advance and autozone with decades of wrench time and experience ... and when they ask which engine for wiper blades lol.

I guess the "learn something every day" phrase applies here.

That car has the air dams,chromed bumper,black turn signal bezels,hood ornament... Mixed up bag there.

That is a Canadian ordered car?

Still not a GN,tho. The auto zone guy said V8 GN.

I like the 25 year old kids in advance and autozone with decades of wrench time and experience ... and when they ask which engine for wiper blades lol.

When I owned a 1975 Chrysler Imperial about 10 years ago,they used to argue and argue when I told them I needed a set of rear rotors.
They'd come out with drums and insist I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about.

Not so. All '74 and '75 Imps were 4whl disc.
Those brakes could stop a train.

There is one guy in the Advance here on Delaware ave in Albany. Name is Teddy. He's one of those guys who is above the rest. He does commercial accounts but he waits on me anyway.

The air dams were added by me the rest is legitimate.... and the auto zone guy is a dumbass, lol

Behind what used to be Friendly's ... been there plenty, actually getting parts for the above regal. That pic is in the lot behind the apartments on Hackett.

70s Imperial, that's a bigass car. Where did you find parking for that thing?

No factory GN Regal v8's. Never. In any country.

The Autozone employees in my town don't even speak English or any other language. It's some form of ghetto lingo only understood by convicts, people who watch too much reality TV, and believe Fast and Furious movies are true stories.

No factory GN Regal v8's. Never. In any country.

The Autozone employees in my town don't even speak English or any other language. It's some form of ghetto lingo only understood by convicts, people who watch too much reality TV, and believe Fast and Furious movies are true stories.

No V8's... That's what I thought. I'm not the GN trivia expert,but I know my way around a little. ..but had to ask.

What threw me off was when he asked if my GN was actually a GNX. That surprised me being that GNX's are most likely not in their computer.

Then he hit me with the V8 GN Canada thing.

He was doing well for a little while,anyway.

I've learned to just order parts from a Buick vendor. If they don't have it or should be common, like an ignition switch, I always go look up the part numbers before I go to any box store. Case in point, the power steering unit, just get it from a vendor, no way will a box store have the right rotation one even if its labeled. Some kid in a sweat shop in Mexico assembled the reman, how would they know the difference...

In most cases I do. I even order spare small stuff when I place orders.

In this case I just needed a tranny pan gasket.

I'll bet NAPA would have had it without the filter.

But we know what NAPA stands for??....

N-ever A-ny P-arts A-vailable.

The sad thing is, you're probably getting a rubber pan gasket, and you'll be looking for another when it leaks.

I just reused my cork one.

But,unfortunately the pan has to be dropped once again.

(Note post in tranny section)

The key here is computer. The "computer" is not perfect. Matter of fact its been wrong on more than one occasion in my experience at az. I usually give them a part number to chase. Our buicks are a whole nuther level in the ap world

The manager of the local AutoZone is a friend of mine. I like to mess with his counter guys by asking for spark plugs for my 05 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6 liter. It's always exciting!:p:nailbiting::rolleyes:

What gets me is you can't find anyone who knows how to look something up in a catalog anymore. In fact the Advance I used to work part time in no longer has a catalog rack up front. If it is not in the computer then you are S.O.L.