1987 Turbo T WE4 - One of the 1547

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
SOLD!! This 1987 Buick Turbo T WE4 option was referred to by Buick Motor Division as the “lightweight Grand National” and only 1547 were produced as opposed to over 20,000 GNs. External appearance is similar to the GN lacking only the rear spoiler and having “T” emblems instead of Grand National emblems. Interior is identical to the GN with all gray seats instead of the two-tone black and gray.

I have owned this car for 20 years and am the second owner. Car fax actually shows two owners before me however, the two previous owners were in the same family so, I consider myself only the second “family” to own it.

This is a high mileage car with 188,000 on the odometer but is probably in better shape than most other Turbo Regals with half the miles. It has never had any oil but Mobil 1 full synthetic in it and changed religiously every 3,000 miles or once a year, whichever came first. I have kept a history log ever since buying the car with all maintenance and upgrade information, and dates and mileage performed. In addition, when the Champion heads were added, the motor was removed, engine bay cleaned and detailed, oil pan removed and screen cleaned, front and rear crank seals replaced, and timing chain and damper replaced. I was tempted to freshen up the motor at that time but, my favorite Buick tech (Kevin King of KDK Automotive), said I shouldn't touch it. The motor was clean, no noises, no oil burning, and compression leak-down test showed a healthy motor. After all these years, oil pressure is still around 60 PSI at cruising speed and about 25 PSI at idle.

The A/C was converted to R132a several years ago and blows cold. All options are in working condition. Interior has been freshened up with the addition of new front upholstery, carpet, and headliner. It also has a custom made padded center console arm rest & storage compartment. Gauges consist of oil pressure, engine temp, voltage, knock gauge, boost gauge, and a ScanMaster 2.1. Also a dash mounted remote boost controller and Alcohol controller.

Exterior paint is excellent and was repainted in 1995. The car has been garaged all its life and the paint is show worthy with only very minor signs of wear. Front and rear bumper fillers have been replaced with hard plastic reproductions. The trunk has original spare and original black trunk mat. Kenwood 5 channel Amp, Sub-Woofer and graphic equalizer are also in the trunk. Wheels are 16 x 8 GNX type with 245/50 x 16s up front and 255/50 x 16s in back. Also included will be another pair of 16 x 8 GNX wheels with drag radials mounted. The tires on the car show almost no wear and the drag radials are nearly new. (I've made a few trips to the local strip over the years but, never abused this car).

Following is a list of the upgrades that have been added and another list of additional spare parts that will be included with the sale. My reason for selling is that I don’t drive this Buick much any longer and want to spend more time on other interests in my retirement.

Here is a link to the ebay auction with lots of pics (to save bandwidth on this forum). If the car sells to someone here, I'll cancel the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23169226823...2268239&viewitem=#vehicle-use-and-event-check

Price is $16,900 and I'm located in Mount Dora, Florida.
PM or email me with questions.

Upgrades - (About $10,000 – not including labor)

Basic mods- Red's XP fuel pump, hot wire kit, adjustable regulator, Adjustable waste gate rod

K&N Cold air intake system and up pipe

2 1/2 inch mandrel bent dual exhaust with Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers

3" downpipe

TA-62 Stock appearing turbo

Motron 60 lb. injectors

Champion CNC ported iron heads with matched intake and dog house

RJC Power Plate

Tony DeQuick stock location stretch intercooler

Razor Alky-Control Methanol Injection system

Eric Marshall (Turbo Tweak) Methanol programmable chip

Red's voltage booster

Built heavy duty 200-4R tranny

PTC 10 in. 2800 stall converter w/lock-up

Built 3.42 Posi rear by Alan's Axles

Driveshaft loop and pinion snubber

Brake line-lock

Boxed rear control arms

Air bags in both springs

Gauges (boost, knock, Oil, Water, Voltage, ScanMaster scan tool)

In-Dash Boost Controller

Clifford Alarm with two hidden fuel cutoff switches

Switch panel in ashtray for fan control, converter lock up, fuel shutoff, alarm valet

Clarion CD/AM/FM Stereo Receiver & 10” sub-woofer + graphic equalizer in trunk

Kenne-Bell fiberglass front bumper & air dam

Custom made console arm rest

Also goes with the car - (easily $2,000 in additional parts)

History log from date of purchase in 1995 to the present

Extra pair of GNX/TA 16 x 8 wheels with mounted Toyo Proxes drag radials

Original factory black front bumper, bumper guards, and license tag bracket

Original front air dams for bumper

Original stock intercooler

Original downpipe

Original Concert Sound radio

Original rear speaker mounting brackets

TA-49 Turbo (working when removed)

All removed stock parts (hoses, belts, plug wires, chips, injectors, overflow tank)

Lots of NOS spare parts (relays, sensors, intake plumbing, ECMs, coils, ignition modules, etc.)

Brand new K&N cone filter (in the box)

Box of extra computer chips

Full set of NOS exterior emblems in boxes (except "T" emblems on the front fenders)

Black Snell racing helmet with Buick decals

Buick Literature - owner’s manual, warranty book, Original Turbo T WE4 Sales Brochure

Reproduction Factory Window sticker for this car

Last edited: