1987 Turbo-T; 100% Original, 11k miles, Rare Chrome Mirror (DR3) Car; Will Not Disappoint !!!

regalv6

This is a completely original, 11,300 mile 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T. The first registered owner had kept the car until 1990 at which time the car had approximately 9,400 miles. It was then sold and stored (occasionally driven) until I had purchased it in 2013 at 9,900 miles. Because the car had been stored for so long, I immediately had all fluids and filters serviced (9,913 miles) as well as a general inspection. The history of this car is short, as it remains completely original with the exception of new B.F. Goodrich radial tires which were replaced solely for safe. The engine, transmission, rear axle, exhaust, etc. are 100% original as the day the car was sold. There have been NO upgrades of ANY kind for ANY reason. As you can see in the photos, the original exhaust is intact and the factory catalytic converter is still in place. The exterior color is Burgundy Metallic (option code 79U) and the interior is the matching Dark Claret (option code 79I). The option group for this car is quite rare as it has very few added production options. It features T-Tops in addition to the black exterior trim package, but has manual (non-power) chrome outside rear view mirrors (option code DR3). Most will debate that these are not correct for the car (especially for performance models), but the photo of the door-related broadcast codes proves 100% correct for this vehicle's build. Other oddities are fixed (non-power) radio antenna, no rear window defrost, manual (non-power) locks, manual (non-power) seats, no cruise control, no power trunk release, etc. The interior is completely original with absolutely NO evident wear of any kind. When you open the doors, the scent of the fabrics is un-tainted, vintage 1987. The T-Top bags are included and show no wear. I've included all documentation that was presented to me with the car except for recent maintenance receipts (due to privacy) which will also be included. Some examples pictured are the bill of sale, odometer statement, GM service contract, sales delivery check list, operating manuals, dealership repair orders, etc. I've included many photos as testament to the originality and history (or lack of) of this rare Buick. For serious inquiries, I will gladly take any other photos you may need in order to feel confident in your purchase. I will reply as promptly as possible to inquiries (as time permits due to my work schedule, my children's after-school activities, etc). The car had placed 1st in it's class at the 2015 Chicago World of Wheels and I'm without any doubt that it would place well in any Buick GS Club event as well as any national event. The title is clear and in-hand. All funds must clear prior to the purchase, NO EXCEPTIONS. The vehicle is being sold as-is, as-shown and the buyer is solely responsible for the transport of the vehicle as well as any other costs related to the sale (inspections, transportation, licensing, etc). If you wish to inspect the vehicle, please contact me prior to making arrangements as I reserve the right to advertise and sell the car via other outlets/markets locally. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me as I wish for this car to go to a wonderful home and be appreciated for one of the few remaining original Turbo Buicks that remain. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Price is $22,995, O.B.O. I will give consideration to reasonable offers from serious buyers. Please see the photo album link below for more details/documentation. Once again, feel free to ask anything. I can't put into words how fine an example of original, non-modified cars this is !!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...960.1073741844.1032325485&type=1&l=2804126ae6

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,022
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,169
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 606
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0590.JPG
    DSC_0590.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Really nice car and different with the chrome mirrors. Does the blonde come with the car? lol GLWS.

Yeah I figured. lol Maybe put it on Craigslist and Ebay. Don't see cars like these for sale too often.

Any interested parties, please message or contact me prior to October 1st, as I plan to take the car to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green, KY.

I'ld buy it just to sniff the seat.:shame: TTT for you.

Just a few additional pictures.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 213
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 208
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 222
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 216
After listing fee and seller's premium, I doubt you'll even get close to getting your desired 25k out of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Just because something's rarer, it doesn't necessarily mean it's more valuable." Example, 87 GN: 20,193 vs 87 turbo Limited: 1,035. And remember, all those GNs are black-only and virtually identical. Sure you have a rare, one of a kind TR, but the market is still slow to recognize this. I know I wouldn't list my Limited in an auction setting with all the associated fees and clueless buyers. My GN possibly. How many people do you actually think are specifically going to Mecum with a turbo Limited in mind? Hell, you'll be lucky if anyone even knows what it is. In order to have a chance, you better hope they serve beer and alcohol. GLWS, I hope you prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I live in Schaumburg (same town where Mecum Chicago auction is being held)...and I'm looking for a Turbo Limited.:cool:

Point taken, but please don't misunderstand me. If you see the Ebay listing, you'll see that I've lowered my price. I also clearly state that I am open to offers. The price point has been based on the following considerations; purchase price and price of comparable models. I've seen asking prices on Ebay higher than mine with cars having triple the miles and ZERO documentation. Let's forget what the car's features are for a moment. How many cars can you honestly find that have documented history from day one, in need of no repairs, never damaged, never modified ? I will stand behind this car 200%. Sure, you can spend far less. However, given the fact that there have been no modifications EVER (performance or otherwise), you'll not spend a dime fixing someone elses idea of what "restored" or "better than stock". You're buying something that was last touched by General Motors. Therefore, the next owner is not only getting a car with no anticipated additional needs, they're getting peace of mind. I've had many ask why I don't so much as put the least of performance upgrades on it. When it comes to these cars, I see so many that have been taken far from stock, causing the sellable market to become smaller and smaller. I know very well that to appear to as broad a market as possible, you need to be as factory original as possible. How can you argue with GM ? This car has nothing to hide. I invite anyone to come look at the car. I can provide contact information for the previous owner should anyone wish to verify (or contest) anything about the car. If anyone should need further pictures or anything at all, I'd be glad to help. Clean, solid, original documented cars are not as plentiful as they were in prior times. The reason for selling is this; I had the opportunity to buy back a car that my father and I had built over 25 years ago in virtually the same state it was in the day we sold it. Considering that my dad and I had built it and I can now pass it down to my sons in the future, I couldn't let it get away especially since my father had passed shortly after it was sold. But to pay back the people that helped me buy it back, I had no choice but to sell the Turbo-T as soon as I could. It's a rough time of year for a seller (especially in Chicago and Midwest), but I had to do what I had to. Just know this. If I didn't believe in the Turbo-T, I wouldn't be willing to go to whatever measures necessary to represent this car the best way I can and be willing to make myself available for any/all inquiries. Most people probably prefer a more "loaded" option car, but I always prefer what the masses don't. Before this car, I was actually looking for a loaded Limited. I wanted it all; cornering lamps, column-shift, vinyl roof, wide rocker/door brightwork, and cream-beige or rosewood. But when this one came along, I was sold on it. Especially with the bill of sale, contracts, dealer service repair orderrs, etc. I know Mecum has it's costs, but it was far easier for me to take the car there than to take off work and find a way to the GS Nationals this year. If nothing happens at Mecum, I'll wait until next year perhaps. Thanks for your post, it probably helped me to explain the car and my situation a little better to those that may have wondered about the car.

No offense, I just don't want to see you end up giving the car away. I have a med gray metallic turbo Limited with chrome, column shift and pillow pad bench seat, myself. It's like a La-Z-Boy with a rocket engine strapped to it. I actually prefer turbo Limiteds over any other TR, but they just don't bring the money you would think they deserve. A plain Jane TR, that's not a even Limited, that's gonna be tougher. What really pissed me off though is back when I still used to take my 87 GN out and the way it would get way more respect, appreciation, thumbs-up, and people waving. But I can't complain about the stealth factor of my Limited in its trim. It's left many of people wondering what the hell was that, what just happened?

Last edited:
I think you have it fairly priced, its a extremely nice car and a great story to get your original car back. I am sure your frustrated. Hope everything works out for you.

It's just a difficult season to sell, considering I'm in the Midwest (Chicago). Ideally, Spring, 2016 would most likely be a far better time to sell. I'm just in a situation where I need to repay the people that helped get my old car back as quickly as possible.

This car is worth EVERY PENNY the seller is asking...and then some. I have been watching it for months now.... I would snatch it up in a nano-second!! Problem is I recently puchased a 9k mile Turbo T not long ago. This one will make the next owner proud. A shame you have to let her go!!

This car is worth EVERY PENNY the seller is asking...and then some. I have been watching it for months now.... I would snatch it up in a nano-second!! Problem is I recently puchased a 9k mile Turbo T not long ago. This one will make the next owner proud. A shame you have to let her go!!

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I honestly wish I could keep it ! Past experiences tell me that I'd spend double the asking price in a few years if I ever wanted this car back or one the same quality. The problem is this time of year is totally a buyer's market. If it sells at Mecum, I hope it's far enough over the reserve to cover all their fees. It's the way things typically go for me, lol.... I always end up on the losing end of the deal. I'm actually asking less than what I spent for the car, considering my costs to transport, title, and insure it. I just need to pay back my debts and I'll be content !

Pay back debt = wealthy man (smart), I'm going to Mecum and may be a player on this car - GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I honestly wish I could keep it ! Past experiences tell me that I'd spend double the asking price in a few years if I ever wanted this car back or one the same quality. The problem is this time of year is totally a buyer's market. If it sells at Mecum, I hope it's far enough over the reserve to cover all their fees. It's the way things typically go for me, lol.... I always end up on the losing end of the deal. I'm actually asking less than what I spent for the car, considering my costs to transport, title, and insure it. I just need to pay back my debts and I'll be content !

If she does not sell - please PM me.
Good Luck
Vito