1987 Regal T-Type (V8) with 405 ORIGINAL miles

$20K does seem a bit high, but it's hard to put a price on something like that. There can't be too many comps out there to base the price on. Unfortunately it is rare, but not necessarily desireable. Could always throw it on ebay with a high reserve and see where it goes.

It is certainly a rare and beautiful car. Desireable for the sole reason that it has low miles. Also in an attractive color combo. I'm thinking around $12K would be an actual realistic selling (not asking) price in this market. Just my opinion.....take it for what that's worth no offense intended.

To the guy that could have bought it back in 1988 what was the price then? Since it's still basically a new car maybe that price would be a good comp??

Transmission and rear end?

What transmission does this car have? Is it a TH200-4R or a three speed TH200?

How about the rear end? Is it an 8.5"? Posi, gear ratio?

I may have overlooked it on the posts, but I don't remember seeing it.

Thanks in advance.

The window sticker says the rear axle ratio is 2.56

The Option code list does not have G80 so it is non-posi

As far as the rest of your questions, I don't see anything answering those, but may have overlooked them. Maybe the owner can chime in.

I bought a car exactly like that a few years back as a parts car. Same color exactly. It was the "T" Limited with the V8 and had been rolled over. I salvaged a door, deck lid, grill, wheels and a few trim pieces. I let it go to the crusher (like a dummy) with the leather buckets with the high console still in it. You have a very nice car and good luck with the sale.

Ttt

I am glad for all the responses, I am excepting any reasonable offer. My phone # is posted for any questions.... Thanks

What's the story behind the car? Why so few miles? How many owners? I read the earlier post about a canx. order but there has to be more to it.

beautiful car, it's a shame thats not a a v6 turbo with that mileage, if it was i would have bought it in a heartbeat

To the guy that could have bought it back in 1988 what was the price then? Since it's still basically a new car maybe that price would be a good comp??

You may be surprised at what the actual window sticker might have been. My Dad has a plain jane 87 Cutlass, 3,8, no power seats, no power locks and it stickered at $17k when it rolled off the lot:eek:. I have the paperwork from the orginal owner.
I would think this one probably went near that price when new.
It's a super nice collectible for sure.

My car for sale

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make. Yes, I bought the car and yes, I haven't touched it, and yes it is a low optioned car. That has been dually noted earlier in the post. Thanks for reading.

v8

My point was i also would leave the car the way it is. I was reffering to early posts regarding members saying O thee perfect car to do this and that too.

Trade?

I purchased the car with cash. If you are asking if I may be interested in a trade PM me..

Newlowered price.....

Does $15,000.00 sound good for all the people looking at this post???
Someone buy this brand new car:eek:

How much for the door panels? HA, just kidding. Pretty cool car being brand new 23 yrs later! GLWS

GREAT looking car.

i like these super rare cars. They don't get the love they should specially being the rarest of the Regals.

Good luck with the sale.

I am only going to request what other post have requested pics colors and options.