1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

You make it sound like we are withholding things. The reason we couldn't sell those is that I have almost a $1000.00 in those 2 emblems. Still interested lol?

A thousand dollars? :eek: You don’t wanna know what I’d do for you for a thousand dollars!

D

p.s. nice work Coach

A thousand dollars? :eek: You don’t wanna know what I’d do for you for a thousand dollars!

D

p.s. nice work Coach
You need to understand...
Dave had Professional Designers compete in a contest to "Redesign" the old logo. He offered prize $$$ to the winner. Then he sent me the design.
I had to post it in a software and convert it to a file type that my programmer could use. This was tricky and took a few days to get it to work. Then my programmer had to alter 3-4 things on the design to get it correct.
Now add in the material costs...
Stainless steel
Graphite for cutters
Diamond coated cutter for the graphite
Tool holder
And then the actual set up time and machining. The set up time was about 30 min. Cutting the electrodes took about 3 hours each. Burning the stainless steel took 6 hours per emblem. Dave wanted the image burned rather deep and a smooth finish on the bottom.
It was the machine time that costs the most. The machine that makes the graphite electrode costs in the ballpark of $375,000. The machine that burned the electrode into the steel runs about $450,000. It all adds up.
Well worth the end result.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I wasn’t trying to ruffle your feathers. Just being funny. Apologies.

The pieces look great and I do understand the time involved.

D

I wasn’t trying to ruffle your feathers. Just being funny. Apologies.

The pieces look great and I do understand the time involved.

D
NO...NO...NO...
I wasnt explaining because of that. You did nothing wrong. I just think the dollar amount looks insane to most members. People see 2 emblems and the cost related to them, and it looks extreme. Fact is...if Dave wanted more emblems, the cost of each would have gotten a little cheaper. To stop at 2 was the biggest factor. Changing sizes, depth, finish, or the design itself is where the costs add up. He wanted One of a Kind emblems, and that is what he got. If they were going to be production emblems, they would still be expensive, but not totally unaffordable.

GM High Tech posted a teaser pic on their Facebook page. Can't wait for the whole spread. Congrats Dave on an awesome build. How is the engine behaving? Does the 6262 seem to match up well with the PTC converter?

I saw that, very cool! Behaves great, it seems to swallow any boost I give to it and the more I put in the better it runs. Bud actually got carried away and had it tuned at 27 psi, I dialed it down to about 20 and retuned it lol.

The car is a beast at the moment, I obliterated a brand new SS camaro that was hounding me, it wasn't even a contest.

I see a dealer plate... If this car is your service loaner car you will get all of my business!!!! :):p

Ok, so some crazy/good/bad news. As some of you may or may not know I own a real estate brokerage and a small used car dealership and have been in the car business for 15 years. An opportunity has presented itself for me to buy a new Caddilac franchise in Las Vegas. These things cost.... well lets just say Richie Rich money. Buying one isn't as simple as writing a check, the manufacture has to approve you... which is unreasonably difficult, yet I was approved. But its worth it, its soooo very very much worth it.

As an FYI I've been on an application list for every manufacturer you can think of for the last 8 years, and have never had an opportunity arise. This was also very sudden and unexpected.

So, the bad news... I need money, lots and lots of money honey ;) That being said I own a few homes, few cars, few watches and have some pints of blood I can sell... its all going to fund this purchase.

So with that being said, the Grand National is for sale as of now. I created an eBay auction at what I think is a very good price for the amount of money I have in it. I would appreciate everyones support in selling this and keep any negative chatter about me selling it to yourself, some things are more important than a single car.

I love everyone here and have met some great people, I'll still be active in the community and if the car sells I'll be rejoining you after the dealership purchase with a new grand national (I already have quite a few ideas for 2.0, much more extreme, I'm sick I know) and a new build.

This is the listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261328417517?forcerRptr=true&item=261328417517&viewitem=

Good-luck with the sale! If everything works out I'm sure version 2 one day will be even better. Gotta take opportunities when you can.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

:eek: well atleast youre selling it for a business oportunity and nothing severe. good luck w it i can bid it up to 78999:D hope every thing works out. this maybe auction worthy car ie not ebay etc..

I understand your reasoning Dave, but this really isn't the time to buy a dealership. Things may look good but we still have another 3 years before the current idiot in office is gone.:oops:

I understand your reasoning Dave, but this really isn't the time to buy a dealership. Things may look good but we still have another 3 years before the current idiot in office is gone.:oops:

Luckily everyone needs cars. Plus I ran a Hyundai dealer in Las Vegas for 8 years and took it from number 250 in the nation to number three, this was during the economic downturn... Everyone else died, we did amazing. Then I bought a shitty little lot a year ago that has been there 20 years in a dilapidated trailer that sold 20 cars in a month once and averaged under 15. I sold 75 in February and have averaged over 50 cars a month. The lot only holds 40 cars. I'm the single most successful independent dealer in Nevada.

Trust me I wouldn't jump in the deep end if I wasn't %100 sure.

Luckily everyone needs cars. Plus I ran a Hyundai dealer in Las Vegas for 8 years and took it from number 250 in the nation to number three, this was during the economic downturn... Everyone else died, we did amazing. Then I bought a shitty little lot a year ago that has been there 20 years in a dilapidated trailer that sold 20 cars in a month once and averaged under 15. I sold 75 in February and have averaged over 50 cars a month. The lot only holds 40 cars. I'm the single most successful independent dealer in Nevada.

Trust me I wouldn't jump in the deep end if I wasn't %100 sure.

I need to come work for you Dave.:D FYI, I used to work for the heard.:oops:

Funny, I bought my first and only new car from them. A 2006 corvette. Their franchises were taken away shortly after that.

I can PM you the reason for that if you are interested Dave. It's one of the many reasons I left that place.;)

Yeah, I'm amazed with the amount of interest the car already has. I've actually had quite a few calls on the vehicle and have a few offers working.

I'm amazed that you've getting credible offers. I thought for sure you'd be coming here saying people just don't get it and have been making offers of like 30-40k.

I'm amazed that you've getting credible offers. I thought for sure you'd be coming here saying people just don't get it and have been making offers of like 30-40k.

I would not be surprised if he receives offers like this and others for even less... which is silly, but it's human nature to try to get the best deal possible.