1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

wow!!! Looks Great! Cant wait to see more progress.... really sux about your other pics. I was wondering what happened to them, i thought my browser was trippin'.... guess not.

aaron

wow!!! Looks Great! Cant wait to see more progress.... really sux about your other pics. I was wondering what happened to them, i thought my browser was trippin'.... guess not.

aaron

Sh*t happens I guess, luckily I still have them all on my phone (all these pictures are with an iphone haha).

just got a picture of it finished with the swaybar completely installed, now off to powdercoat! Fitting a full exhaust through that tangle is going to be interesting haha

IMG_0545.jpg

I know what you mean about not wanting to talk bad about people, but I also had issues with Marcus at SC&C. I'll just keep it short and say he's overrated.

Dave,
I think I would sacrifice some powdercoat and weld up that watts mount around the axle tube. Would work better and probably end up a little cleaner vs. the bolt on clamps.

Dave,
I think I would sacrifice some powdercoat and weld up that watts mount around the axle tube. Would work better and probably end up a little cleaner vs. the bolt on clamps.

Thats what I said Scott but Mr Fays was very specific about not doing that. You have to be able to adjust them vertically on the axle tubes. And the load is completely horizontal so there isn't really a strength issue with the clamps and the 1/4" steel is impact wrenched on there, they aren't going anywhere.

A quick preview of the gauge situation. I know that you can put quite a few gauges in these cars but I wanted to keep it as simple and uncluttered as possible with still getting all the information I need. I did get an electronic fuel pressure gauge so I can mount it inside the car

IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0549.jpg

Awesome build & nice guages! Are you sure that a 120mph speedo will be enough?

~JM~

Haha, well the mileage on there bothered me anyways.... maybe its a good excuse to get a 160mph speedo lol

160 would be nice, or at least 140mph. The OEM 85mph is a joke & achieving 120mph is no problem either.

I have all my pictures resized and ready to fix the broken links now that it appears my host is gone for good. The edit button is gone though, how do I edit an old post?

I have all my pictures resized and ready to fix the broken links now that it appears my host is gone for good. The edit button is gone though, how do I edit an old post?

Contact JayC or SGRIM and see if they can help you out.

Looks good. But shouldnt the sway bar be as close to parallel to the ground as possible?

The edit button has been reduced in time so you only have a few minutes to do it. This was because of nasty comments or posts that were removed after posting. Shane made the decision because of complaints.

So, TCI hates me... They have delayed the transmission for another week or so. On the advice of one of the guys building my car I called summit. Wouldn't you know they have one in stock in sparks NV (I'm in las vegas), a few hours away and are shipping it today. Gotta love summit!

Quick little update on the car itself, the crossmember was installed from gforce. Beefy, heavy thing. Should hold anything thrown at it and then some. I had it powdercoated the silver vein of the rest of the chassis and used a cross member mounting kit I got from TR custom parts. I know you can bolt it up directly but I'm trying to avoid any sold mounts anywhere for driving comfort.

I like this picture, its the best one so far that shows how silver vein changes the further away you get from it. Up close on the frame and crossmember you can clearly see it, the further away you get it looks like gunmetal, very cool effect
IMG_0550.jpg

The custom mounting bracket and sway bar mount is back from powder coating and attached. The sway bar isnt adjusted and some bolts aren't in yet but you get the idea of the finished product. its 99.9% done in the rear.

IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg

The next bit should go quick. We are looking to drop the body on it when the trans goes in and finish up the few odds and ends before then. Still need to run the fuel and brake lines, finish buttoning up the engine, adjust and tighten the suspension, finish bolting up the watts-link housing mounts and re engineer the bolts to the frame on the brace itself and it will be ready to stab in the motor and transmission!

Getting exciting now