1987 Grand National for sale very nice one

99C5and87GN

Below is an Ebay ad I am about to post. If you have interest, email me at FLYER27FAN@AOL.COM. Reserve will be $20k. Pictures available when you email me. Thanks, Bill :cool:

Something is wrong with picture uploads on Ebay right now, so I am waiting for that to get worked out.

1987 Buick Grand National

It is with considerable regret that I offer my 1987 Buick Grand National up for auction. My garage only holds two cars and I reluctantly must part with my baby strictly due to space limitations.

If you are looking for a stock Grand National, this is not the car for you. If you are looking for a drag strip GN to beat up, this is not the car for you. When I bought this car locally in Central Florida in 2003 from its 4th owner, my intention was to balance appearance and power in creating one of the nicest GNs in Florida. I think I have achieved that nicely. If that is a combination you seek and you don’t want to burn the money/time on getting there, then perhaps this is the car for you. Car was originally bought in Maine, but has spent most of its life in Florida and is rust-free.

Below are the vital statistics that will help you decide what its worth to you and if it warrants a bid. I do have a reserve on the auction, as this car must command what I consider its minimal value before I can rightfully let it go. I have to be able to live with myself. Those of you who are serious about buying a Grand National, and have done the research, will recognize that this is a diamond in the rough and worth your consideration.

• Engine was built 0.030 over by Harper Racing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at approximately 73,000 miles while in possession of the 3rd owner. 13,500 miles on car since engine work. It is not the original motor. New motor is believed to be a Jasper Engines block, but I have not been able to confirm that with previous owners.
• 86,500 miles on the car, 540 Horsepower at flywheel per dyno at 20psi.
• Champion Heads – ported and polished
• GN1 Aluminum Valve Covers with chrome vent caps
• 3” Terry Houston Downpipe with exhaust dump
• Tomco Blue Top 43lb Injectors
• 2800 Stall Torque Converter
• Transmission was rebuilt at 76,000 miles (10k+ miles since rebuild)
• New Gas Tank – clear coated
• Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds
• 62mm Throttle Body
• Water pump and Oil pump replaced in 2002
• Transmission Cooler
• New Radiator with Oil Cooler – runs between 165-185 deg F in the hot FL sun, which is better than most GNs.
• Grand National Logo Hood Insulator
• Quad Air Voltage Booster
• Kirban Custom Turbo Six front floor mats
• Pinion Snubber
• ATR Custom Chrome Turbo Cover
• Precision Industries 52 Series Turbo
• Summit Racing Driveshaft Loop
• Turbo Engine Tie Down
• Auxiliary override switch for the fan and extra switches in ashtray switch plate
• BGC Chrome Inlet Pipe
• BGC Chrome Mass Air Pipe
• Flowmaster 3” Exhaust
• No Catalytic Convertor
• Llumar Window Tinting
• Hot-wired Fuel Pump
• Brake pads replaced and drums resurfaced at 76,500 miles
• Grand National laser cut door handle inserts
• Simmons F Series Wheels (17x8.5 front, 17x9.5 rear – custom from Australia $700 ea – through A Group, Inc. out of Arizona)
• Scanmaster 2
• GM replacement weather stripping edges new
• Goodyear Eagle F1 D3 Tires (245/45/17 and 285/40/17) 80% of tread left.
• All original Emblems go with car, but they are not on the car currently
• Power Antenna cable has been replaced recently – these are prone to break
• Viper DEI Car Alarm Model 350HV with remote truck release
• GM OEM Air Dam Deflectors new
• Metro new weather stripping around windows and doors
• Comp Roller Cam Billet Hydraulic 206/206 installed at 79,000 miles
• Comp 105lb Springs installed at 79,000 miles
• Elgin Rocker Arms installed at 79,000 miles
• Comp Roller Lifters installed at 79,000 miles
• Double Roller Timing Chain, gears, and timing cover at 79,000 miles
• Tin Man Cold Air Kit new
• SMC Alcohol Injection Kit installed at 79,000 miles w/ 2 nozzles in up pipe
• Front and Rear Fiberglass bumper fillers
• Vacuum Brake conversion – stock brakes are prone to problems
• Complete PPG paint job completed at 80,500 miles. Pictures available of the process if desired.
• Rear bumper cover was removed and welded in to make the rear bumper appear to be smooth fiberglass – a very nice clean look while keeping the steel protection.
• Performance Instruments 9 Autometer Gages Dash installed at 80,500 miles ($1550 value) – a separator from other GNs and a head turner in any Turbo Regal car show.
• Dash includes indicator lights for alky fuel low and alky fuel active
• Dash gages include Electric Speedo, Electric Boost with peak hold, Fuel Pressure Electric, Fuel Level, Volts, RPM, Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp all in Autometer Ultralite series and was installed in June 2004.
• Original Dash goes with car.
• LS-1 MAF Sensor 3 ½” – installed at 750 miles on new speedo (81,250 miles total)
• Translator Plus – 050transplus
• Extender Chip – 050extchip – alky inj (highly recommended, idles very nice)
• Walbro XP Plus Fuel Pump replaced at 81,250 miles
• New Bosch Battery
• New Front Grill (a hard to find and expensive piece)
• New Oil Pan
• New Pioneer CD Player with iPod controller, MP3 player, iTunes files accepted, and standard iPod connection.
• JL Audio Sub in the trunk with amps and Boston speakers
• Car has been dyno’ed at 20psi boost to pull 450HP at the rear wheels, 540 HP flywheel. This was done prior to the downpipe being changed. I think it noticeably picked up some more power since that swap out.
• I have GN service manual and a lot of documentation to go with the car
• Many pictures to include the full paint process and dash swap
• Suspension is stock. The next thing I was going to upgrade.
• Intercooler is stock. This is the weakest link in the power. Any quality aftermarket intercooler will push you to 500 HP to the rear wheels.
• Interior is very good, no tears or worn seats. Very clean car. Carpet is perfect. Header panel is perfect.
• Speedo has under 6,000 miles on it currently (which is 86,500 total miles on the car)
• Motor has 13,500 miles on it since rebuild. Always Mobil One synthetic. Always garaged. Always pampered.

These cars are 20 years old now and they are only going to go up in value as they grow more collectible. One went at the Barrett Jackson auction in January for $44k (low miles mainly stock example). One went at the BJ in 2005 for $36k, so the point is that these cars are clearly appreciating rapidly. This car is a very nice, well-maintained Grand National that you can drive reliably. Ask anyone who has ever gone for a ride in a GN and they will tell you it is a unique experience that can be equated to taking off in an airplane. I recently gave a prospective buyer a demonstration ride and punching it from 40-45mph, which caused the rear wheels to break loose. Only finances have kept him from buying it and maybe his wife. They are truly special cars. The pictures should tell a good bit of the story. Email me with any questions. Serious Bidders only please. Shipping and/or pick-up is the responsibility of the winner bidder. I reserve the right to end the auction early if the reserve has not been met, in the event I sell it locally and/or find a way to keep it for myself, as I would prefer to keep it. Good luck and please don’t bid unless you are going to follow through with the purchase. Car is available for inspection locally if desired in Central Florida. No joy rides. $2,000 deposit due within 5 days of auction completion and total auction sale price due in full within 10 days of auction completion or I reserve the right to re-list the car and consider the purchase null and void.

Barrett Jackson, Barrett Jackson.......What a joke:rolleyes: . People with deep pockets that have nothing else to do with their money. Makes me wonder if they realize how much they overpay on these cars compared to current market value if they looked elsewhere.