1987 Grand National 43k miles

Rich B

Selling the GN getting a chance to get a 68 Camaro and I have always wanted one. Car is located in Maryland. email svenh44@hotmail.com or PM me for more info.

Original 43k mile car
rebuilt motor (stock rebuild) heads freshened up with 3 angle valve job and 980 Comp springs
APR head bolts
Double roller chain
206 flat tappet cam
Accufab 70/70 set up/W RJC plate
DW300 intank fuel pump
3" Downpipe
Kirbans FPR
mini starter
Scanmaster
EGR delete
LT1 Maf and translater
TE60 (Bison) turbo fresh rebuild
billet tensioner
50# injectors and TT chip/w Alky
new Alky Kit
GN1 intercooler
Heavy duty water pump
F-body radiator/w duel fans
Rebuilt trans with PTC 2800 stall
Hughes Alumium deep trans pan
3 1/2 aluminum driveshaft and safety loop
TMZ double adjustable upper and lower control arms
H&R rear sway bar
TA rear cover
4 brand new KYB shocks
Kirbans front frame brace
rear F-body springs
Spoolfool rear covers
Speedway upper control arms and and 1" taller ball joint
new pyres exhaust
replaced all body mounts with polly ones
four new speaker and CD
two sets of GTA rims with tires 6 fronts and two rears
all corner lights and rears are tinted black
Cotton performance polished valve covers

plus alot more i can remember off the top of my head.

I have most of the factory parts including:
intercooler, injecters, MAF and radio. (no turbo or rims)
Car runs out great and is very fast. looking for 20K OBO.

Parts that go with car:
new door seals and sweeps.
emblems
rear aluminum brake drums with valve and braided lines.
speakers (for concert sound door panels)
GNX fender flares used
RJC motor brace
Rear seat brace
plus alot more.

Car has the normal original paint (checkered) will ship cash, paypal or certified bank check only. Here are some pics. If you need a certain pic let me know.

Wanted to offer it here first then Ebay.

IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0596.JPG

Last edited:
I have an 86 GN with 9900 original miles and i'm undecided if I want to keep a stock car or just sell it and get a modified one.
My plans were not to get rid of it but i cant pass up this offer on the camaro, put alot on money in the car, just needs some paint work.

I have an 86 GN with 9900 original miles and i'm undecided if I want to keep a stock car or just sell it and get a modified one.
This is a common TR conundrum that plagues us and seems that we've all come face to face with at one time or another. The simple solution is both. Plus when the modded one is down(which will happen from time to time), you've got a backup to help stave off the Buick blues.

Last edited:
And I will take credit for all the mechanical work on this car since I did it:)

Last edited:
This is a common TR conundrum that plagues us and seems that we've all come face to face with at one time or another. The simple solution is both. Plus when the modded one is down(which will happen from time to time), you've got a backup to help stave off the Buick blues.
I hear you, I modded an 87 I had with 21000 original miles and I regretted it so much that I ended up selling the car. I will hate to make that same mistake again so this time It looks like I either trade the car for a modified one or just keep it and enjoy a not that fast of a car but very reliable. I sold my 1100 HP Supra a while ago…now that was a fast but not really for the street. Time will tell I will keep you posted, I found a car I like so we will see.

Was the engine rebuilt due to an issue or for upgrade reasons?

Lovely GN. I am feeling out a lot of potential GN's that are for sale trying to find the right one for me that meets my criteria which is 99% based in reliable DD duty and falls between the $16K and $20K mark....pending financing for such an older vehicle.

Just thought I would add my thoughts/interest and concern.

Was the engine rebuilt due to an issue or for upgrade reasons?

Lovely GN. I am feeling out a lot of potential GN's that are for sale trying to find the right one for me that meets my criteria which is 99% based in reliable DD duty and falls between the $16K and $20K mark....pending financing for such an older vehicle.

Just thought I would add my thoughts/interest and concern.
All the intake valves where leaking and piston rings lost tension. My guess was PO blew a head gasket and over heated it. All fixed now.

All the intake valves where leaking and piston rings lost tension. My guess was PO blew a head gasket and over heated it. All fixed now.

I was just curious and I assumed you had to fix a few issues caused by the PO, used car issue which is just part of the game. Thank you for your honesty and I am looking for a well cared for example that will replace my current DD and staying below $19K as I must pay for shipping.

What are the paint issues with the car? Does it come with both sets of rims?

What are the paint issues with the car? Does it come with both sets of rims?
has the normal checkered paint has not been repainted. I was going to repaint it that's why I have the door seals and dew sweeps and emblems. Paint is all it needs and manly just the hood and trunk lid. I don't have the original rims but yes both sets of GTA's go with the car. so does about 2k worth of parts

Last edited:
I tried to get a good pic of the paint etching but this is the best I could do. Here is the trunk ID and has the original spare and jack. The boxes contain the Kirbans aluminum rear break drums.

IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_0981 (1).JPG
IMG_0982.JPG

Last edited: