hot start problem

jretrodude

Well after almost 16 years with my Gn I got hit. Still waiting on insurance to either repair mine or total it. If it’s totaled then I am ready to buy another one. Looking for one with t tops low to decent miles. 60 pound injectors and a wideband. Let me know what’s out there thanks everyone.

Attachments

• DSCN0316.JPG
    DSCN0316.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
  • DSCN0317.JPG
    DSCN0317.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 187
Got just what you’re looking for if yours ends up totaled. T top 87, 90k miles southern rust free, nice older repaint etc. tasteful mods including 60 lb injectors, extender chip setup. I’ve owned it 17 years and going to move on soon. Northeast Kansas

what a bummer ....looks like everyone was ok ...hope for the best ...sorry for your mishap...

Thanks grasshop yes all parties were 100% just a big shock at first. 25 years of driving was not expecting that

Boo. That sucks. Glad everyone's OK. Hope you find a suitable replacement.

OMG. I know how the insurance goes, slow. You'll have plenty of time to find your parts so start the search now if its not totaled. Hope you have good insurance and glad everyone is well!! Let us know how the insurance goes as I for one still has to deal with my insurance. I was able to find all my parts which was not a big of list as yours. If you need any help on specific parts you can pm me and I might be able to lead you to your parts from my hunting experience. Best of luck and I feel your pain:(
Steve C

Thanks blacky funny thing is body shop says they don’t want to hunt for parts. I said I know most of the vendors highway stars, g body parts etc. Body shop doesn’t want to take apart or inspect until adjusters determine repair or total but? Adjusters want an estimate first before they make a decision it’s a double edge sword I guess. Body shops don’t want to mess with old cars which is frustrating. In my area can’t even find a place to paint an old car.

Very sad and hard to look at your Accident. But your positive attitude and patience will get you through this. Have you spoken with Glenn over @ Highwaystars, he may be able to hook you up with a reputable body shop in Chicago area.

If I can buy back my car from the insurance company would anybody be interested in it as it is for the rest of the good parts on it? I would hate to see this get auctioned and hacked up if they decide it's totaled? Thanks again

id try and get it back ...and sell it whole first or part it out ..for sure

What’s something like that worth? I’d hate to buy it back for a ridiculous amount and cut into funds to get a replacement?

If they repair it is the value deminished greatly and would I be able to sell it down the road with an accident reported on it?

jretrodude, I was in the same boat. I have body shops that say they can paint my car but I have to get the parts, they don't know were to look. I have made 2 road trips already for part and we don't get paid for that. As far as diminished value, I definelty believe the cars value will go down. Terry Shaw from auto legal handles appraisals and diminished values of our cars and others as well. You should contact him as I have for my deer accident.
Steve C