1987 Gn is sputtering

hangontight

Guys, My car is giving me fits. Shame on me for not driving it enough.
Here is a list of things I've done recently: About 2 years ago I replaced ignition module, coil pack, plugs, spark plug wires,
new injectors & matching chip from Turbo tweak along with new injector harness. Also put in new LT1 MAF & Translator Plus. The car was running really good. hasn't been driven much at all since all of this work.
I took it out a couple weeks ago for emissions test & tried to see if it would pass as is and it failed. I put fresh gas in the car and drove it around, the numbers were much better and it almost passed except for my Hydrocarbons at idle were a bit high. While driving the car around trying to completely burn up all the old gas the car started acting like it was running out of gas. Seems worse at part throttle. and it does this intermittently. I have had the same symptom before and it was a bad vacuum line to the turbo. I checked all vacuum lines and the appear to be ok. I checked all of the plugs the looked fine but I replaced them anyway. I replaced my fuel filter and o2 sensor as well. I checked my TPS sensor and its .43 & 4.72 volts.
Fuel pressure is 43 with vacuum line off. My Fuel pressure gage is not long enough to tape to windshield so I can't check pressure under boost. My next thought is to drop the tank and check the Fuel pump??? I don't have a scanmaster so if anyone any ideas of thing to check I would appreciate it.
Thanks

When you put fresh gas in and drove it around, what numbers got better?
A bad o2 sensor could be calling for more fuel when it doesn't need it. Really need some kind of device(read scanmaster)to determine what it is doing.

When you put fresh gas in and drove it around, what numbers got better?
A bad o2 sensor could be calling for more fuel when it doesn't need it. Really need some kind of device(read scanmaster)to determine what it is doing.

I was referring to my emissions numbers, amazing how much older gas can effect emissions. The car was still running good at the time it was tested. It just started running bad sporadically as I drove around town. I think my Fuel Pump might be going bad or have a restriction, pressure is ok at idle but may not be sufficient under a load. I will be buying a Scanmaster before doing to much more though Attached is the emission test results. I need to get the car running correctly before I go back for a re- test.

Attachments

• IMG_5514.jpg
    IMG_5514.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28