1987 GN exhaust

mred355

Hi Guys. My GN has a complete Stainless exhaust and it is very quiet. Sort of a hum when I am driving. I would like it to sound a little more sporty; but not outrageously loud. What stainless mufflers do you recommend? Also where to buy them. Thanx in advance Ed

It might depend upon what exhaust you have now, what mufflers, what diameter piping...
You know some details.
Walker stainless ultraflows are nice mufflers, a 3" exhaust is deeper in tone and sounds better on these cars in MHO.

It might depend upon what exhaust you have now, what mufflers, what diameter piping...
You know some details.
Walker stainless ultraflows are nice mufflers, a 3" exhaust is deeper in tone and sounds better on these cars in MHO.
You know some details.

Hi again. right now my GN has 2 ATR Pit Bull SS mufflers. They are 2 1/2" Center in and out. They are oval 13 1/2" and 18" overall length wth SS clamps.

Hi again. right now my GN has 2 ATR Pit Bull SS mufflers. They are 2 1/2" Center in and out. They are oval 13 1/2" and 18" overall length wth SS clamps.
If you are getting rid of them and they are in decent shape, I'd be interested if you plan to sell them!!!
- Jerry

Summit Racing has some 14” long 4” dia. round mufflers that are 20” long.
I’m sure if you cut an inch off each end they would fit.
They’re a straight through perforated core design. Smaller size = less packing = louder exhaust.
These might be just what you’re looking for. Pypes exhaust makes an M80 model that’s similar (price and size).
I can’t say about drone as I have now experience with these on my car.

Link below.

How loud do you wanna go, You can go Electronic Cut Outs LOL
20210718_144827.jpg

I don't want it too loud. just on the mellow side. Right now it just has a hum.

Have Jack "Mad Jack" Cottons stainless exhaust from around 2010. Came with the magnaflows.
Not real loud (louder than stock but not obnoxious), sounds nice when idling but about 35-40 mph there's a bit of a drone.

MRED355,
I don't think that I can be much help on this subject because I have the ATR Pitbull 2.5" SS Dual Exhaust on mine.
I think that it is nice and mellow at idle and just cruising around, but when you hammer it, and the turbo comes on it sounds like a pissed off chainsaw!
I'm not sure if there are other mufflers out there that can sound even more aggressive than those.
The little V6 has a kind of toned-down exhaust sound to begin with, then you add the Turbo to it, and it drowns it down even more.
You actually may be happier with no mufflers and straight through 2.5 or 3 inch pipes out the back?
Remove the ATR Mufflers and fit in some straight tubing and give it a shot, since those mufflers are a 2.5 inch center in, center out configuration.
Good Luck and ENJOY!!!
- Jerry

Are you running a Catalytic Converter too? If so, get a test pipe that will make a big difference towards the sound your seeking.