1987 GN braking issues

PNYKLR

So I moved the car out of storage a few months ago. I noticed the brake fluid was like a tan color. Since it was in storage I could not do any repairs on the car so I removed all the fluid as best as I could (yep turkey baster) put in fresh fluid and drove the car about 2 miles to my house.

Fast forward... I go to take the car out and when I step on the brake the brake light comes on.

I have the mechanic at my wifes job come to look at it he says no fluid in the back brakes, the front caliper bleeders are frozen and I need to replace the front calipers, and possibly the proportioning valve. Then he proceeds to tell me about his 86 GN that came with a v8 Turbo stock (I went to another shop)

I have the car flatbedded to my mechanic I use for my other cars he replaced the front calipers and bled the brakes. I drove the car home about 70 miles(all highway) no issues no brake light nada.

Last night I go to take the car out, and whenever I step on the brake the brake light comes on.

I got advice on the TB page on FB on how to bleed the brakes (again) I'm just wondering if I have more of a problem then I think.

I'm not a super mechanic, and I sure as hell don't want to mess around with the brakes on the car.

The fluid was like tan in color (again) when I checked it last night but it went back to the regular color .

chris, first thing what is your brake pedal doing? does it feel normal?is it going to the floor ? can you pump your brakes and get a good pedal? there could also be air in the master cylinder ,or the master could have an internal leak. look for and fluid leaks drips puddles anywhere around where you park your car. check the ground around the wheels and underneath the master cylinder. what condition are your brake lines in? any rusty areas or wet lines any where under the car? if everything feels fine and the light is coming on could be a bad switch also. these are just a list of some things to check first. need more info to help diagnose the problem.....Joel

The brake light coming on when you hit the brakes is an indicator that the accumulator is bad.

The tan fluid could be a indicator that the pump is sucking air. Are you familiar with the how to fill the system properly?