1987 GN - 11,983 miles - Price dropped, now $28K

wnabgnx

Have been working with a potential buyer on the vehicle however he has some reservations about buying the car across the country. After speaking to him today we agreed on me extending the price we have negotiated to the rest of the TR world while he makes his decision. I recently sold my other garage car so now I'm down to just this one and it's lit a fire under me to complete this sale. All other commentary holds true below, please have a look through the pictures and videos and contact me with any questions. Just dropped the price today by $1,900.

EDIT - Added pics off of the DSLR camera and a video of me closing the hood, trunk and doors. Uploaded to OneDrive and added a couple to a post below. - http://1drv.ms/1JU3psU

EDIT 2 - Now over 200 pictures from the DSLR camera at the link above showing pretty much every conceivable angle of the car as well as all of the documents I have that came with the car. Several videos showing it running, driving, and a walk around looking the car over.

Well after wanting one since I was 17 years old, finally getting one about a year and a half ago, and taking up tons of Buick Mike's time and effort helping me to get it running right, I have to get away from this car. I am scared to death to touch it, scratch it, dent it, etc. So much emotional responsibility keeping something like this clean and away from every idiot on the road who I'm JUST SURE is going to slam into me, haha. Here's the text of my ad along with a few pictures. As I mention in the ad, more than happy to capture any other pictures anyone may want. I think I'm ultimately going to settle on a 1986 with 60K+ miles and mod the heck out of it without feeling guilty!

1987 Buick Grand National hardtop with only 11,900 miles. Garage kept and sheltered time capsule car. Original paint, seats, carpet, exhaust, etc. Headliner and sun visors replaced by previous owner. I have modified the car specifically as follows to run on current era pump gas in order to protect the motor as these cars outfitted with all stock parts require 93 octane 100% gas, you can only find 91 octane with 10% ethanol in Arizona (all factory parts and tons of documentation come with the car):

GN1 Performance intake
GN1 Performance up pipe
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Walbro fuel pump and hotwire kit
42lb injectors
Turbo Tweak 91 octane chip
AC Delco R43TS spark plugs
Adjustable turbo actuator (set to 12lbs of boost)
Test pipe in place of catalytic convertor

Tires are stock size and 90%+ tread life running on stock wheels. Interior is absolutely perfect and stunning. Exterior paint is original and is a 9.5 out of 10. I claybarred and Zaino'd the car last year. The OEM bumper fillers are still in tact, although not nearly as shiny as they used to be, but not cracked, chipped or broken. Vehicle came with a Viper alarm and remote start installed when I purchased it. Factory stereo installed however the previous owner did replace the speakers with aftermarket stock size (no subs, amps or anything cut out to make room for larger speakers).

I have longed for this car since I was 17 years old, but now the responsibility of owning an unmolested piece of extremely low mileage history is too much for me to bear. I can't even work in my own garage for fear of touching / scratching / denting it. The number of Grand Nationals that have been unmodified and retain such low mileage is extremely small, and I could not live with the thought of damaging one under my watch. This car needs to go to a collector who intends to keep it as a show car for future generations.

Happy to provide photos of other areas of the car along with VIN for serious buyers.

Attachments

• IMG_0766_small.jpg
    IMG_0766_small.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0772_small.jpg
    IMG_0772_small.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1075_small.jpg
    IMG_1075_small.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1078_small.jpg
    IMG_1078_small.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1082_small.jpg
    IMG_1082_small.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1083_small.jpg
    IMG_1083_small.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0774_small.jpg
    IMG_0774_small.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
...So much emotional responsibility keeping something like this clean and away from every idiot on the road who I'm JUST SURE is going to slam into me, haha.....I think I'm ultimately going to settle on a 1986 with 60K+ miles and mod the heck out of it without feeling guilty!
^^^The exact reason I sold my original paint garage queen and getting a TR with more miles and mods already done. Some have told me I was crazy to sell for those reasons. They may be right, but regardless, its good to know I'm not the only one...:D. GLWS.

If I had it to do over again I would have bought a higher mileage car that had some mods done already....
I can't bring myself to cage this car but I can't take it to the track without one without turning the boost way down :(
Best of luck to you , very nice car !

Bryan

I can vouch for this car as I'm the one who helped out with it. This thing is a freaking time capsule. It drives solid and runs awesome now. Even with all the work I've put into my car, it still does not impress me as much as this one. This is most likely because this is the first real low mile car I've been around and it does not have any of the gremlins yet lol.

just what I am looking for....but of course you are sooooooooo far away......glws....very nice

just what I am looking for....but of course you are sooooooooo far away......glws....very nice

That's what they make shipping companies for! I pulled this one all the way from VA when I bought it, my thinking was that it was about the car not the location. Cough...shameless sellers plug...cough... :D

Sorry, just selling outright at this time. Will be another year or so until I get the garage space needed for another car. I'm busting at the seams right now!

Added a bunch of pics to OneDrive along with the video that I mentioned above - http://1drv.ms/1JU3psU.

Here are a few shots from that album:

IMG_0449_small.jpg IMG_0491_small.jpg IMG_0498_small.jpg IMG_0500_small.jpg

Also working with a guy who is not local from this board on a potential sale. I have offered a lower price to help with shipping however he is nervous about performing a long distance transaction. I know that I have read threads where there are standing offers for others to take a look at a vehicles for sale to provide the buyer some confidence. Would anyone be willing to do that on behalf of the buyer?

I can be a reference since I am familiar with the car, however for a neutral party you may try having the buyer hit up Nick Micale or TurboTGuy. Both of them are on the other side of town though.

I just watched the video. You should start it up. Also I am so freaking jealous of how those doors close.

Selfish bump on this post to highlight the new lower price and details regarding the potential buyer I have been working with so far. We've been going through a lot of detail about the car, and as an outcome of that there are a ton of additional pictures and videos of the car at the link in the first post on this thread. We negotiated a lower price on the vehicle to help him offset some shipping costs, and I am now extending that price offer to everyone here on the TR board. I'm trying to avoid putting this on eBay but I may go that route ultimately if it doesn't sell here. Would much rather this car go to an enthusiast that an unknown entity. Please PM me with any questions you may have!

Ah who am I kidding, I'm selling it so let's sell it. I put it on eBay as well, haha.

Last edited:
Wow Great Car! To be honest I think you are WAY under pricing this car. That car is easily a $30k plus car. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could. Very Nice...

Thanks very much, I appreciate the compliments! I too think it's worth way more than what I'm asking, but I need to be honest with myself and admit that I'm not the right owner for this thing. So much anxiety and worry about damaging it! I worked out a price that I was comfortable enough with for another buyer that is thinking it over for now, his proximity to the car is an issue and he should definitely be comfortable with whatever decision he makes. In the interim, I sold my other garage car and now I'm in sell mode. Given the condition of other cars around on eBay and the prices people are bidding for them, I absolutely feel this car is priced extremely well for the market, and I'll feel better about the right buyer getting this vehicle.