1987 D84 Regal Limited Turbo T 105K miles, $8,000 Philadelphia area

gsjaun

Reduced to $7,500.

located in the Philadelphia area/suburbs, zip 19034, near PA turnpike and rt 476 (aka blue route).

VIN and RPO sticker show the following: real LC2 turbo car, Y56 = turbo T, D84=2 tone designer paint, U75=pwr antenna, C04=Heavy Padded Landau roof, C60=AC, A51=pwr windows, AU3=pwr door locks, UM6=casette player, opera lights, G60 posi. Very clean blue interior. I have 3 V8 powered old school Mopars - one w/a 340 6 pak, but this car pulls harder. I don't race so don't know 1/4 mile time. AC blows cold. Mild mods are 42 lb injectores, dual exhaust, Turbo Tweak chip, and Racetronics/Walbro fuel pump, boost guage in glovebox. 105,xxx orig miles. New trans at 98,000 miles per receipt. Other receipts/paperwork included (sorry, no window sticker but there's a "Department Cushion Room Bcast Station RRST" sheet with trim info - AM6 seat, 27D trim, color BLU, build date and line number, etc). Paint is nice, and body is dent free. No apparent collision work, but car was repainted once due to being keyed per owner's daughter.

Car is dialed in and turn key. Has no leaks, and brakes are orig and strong, with an add on vacuum ball. Clean carfax, and titled in my name as an antique (cheap insurance, one-time registration and no inspections for PA residents). Prior owner did the mods, and orig owner did the gold paintwork in the engine bay (forgive him, he was old and retired and it appears professional). Car is not perfect, including pencil eraser-sized rust hole on trunk lid, surface rust on bottom edge of driver door, cracked/driver rear bumper filler. No signs of rust on floors/frame.

History/story: Orig owner was a GM employee, don't know what kind. His daughter got the car after he died, then she took it to Texas and put under 10k miles on it. She then took it back to Ohio and in early 2010 sold it to a guy who thought his friend would want it. The daughter advised that her dad took great care of the car, and always garaged it, and I think it shows. She also said the reference to vandalism was that someone keyed the car. His friend, the guy I got it from, did want it and bought it a month later. He sold it b/c of having 4 little kids, crowded garage, no time, etc, and put under 1K miles on it. I got it after seeing it posted here in the spring of this year when I still had a job. I fully intended to keep it, but the job ended 3 weeks after I got the car and although we're not desparate, it makes more sense to sell it since we are planning to move to California. Now reduced to $7,500. 215-200-2523. My name's Brian.

Tried uploading pics but they're all apparently too big for upload. photobucket link:

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww317/bizeeeb/87 Regal ltd turbo T/

Yep. That's exactly what I would buy if I could do it over. Good luck with sale! Great combo!

Yep. That's exactly what I would buy if I could do it over. Good luck with sale! Great combo!
thanks! It's been a great car to cruise in, especially with the summer heat and the AC. This will not be my last turbo regal.

Now reduced to $7,700! Did I mention the AC blows cold? Damn it's hot today...

$200 more off, REDUCED to $7,500...now losing $$, come on someone get this rare Limited T; don't make me take this bad boy to CA...wow what a drive that would be!

a guy seems to want the car but wants to do payment plan. He has heavy modded 87 GN but broke it, and wants something more stock. fellas, this car is turn key and go with the AC blowin. I'd rather have cash now than payments over time - any offers? not many decent shape turbos out there for this price...$7,500 takes it.

THIS CAR HAS MY NAME ALL OVER IT!!

great, now let's get your name all over the clean title! Just washed it and took a bunch more pics, so check em out on the photobucket link. many have asked what my "bottom line" is. at this point I'm holding at $7,500 based on prices I've seen of others out there and on here. someone from Vegas may be looking at it tomorrow. If it's still for sale I may shoot a vid and post it.

In the meantime, any advice as to how to upload my pics? the uploader said thet're all too big. can anyone copy and paste any here for me? or tell me how to?

Thanks again,

Brian

I'm really surprised this car hasn't sold. It's so unique and very fairly priced.

I have no time in the next month to drive to PA. I have the $7500. Cash in South Bend,In if you want to bring me the car!
P.M. Me if interested.

Tim

I always used to just assume tilt steering was standard with the Limiteds, you see so few without it. It's especially rare in a car as heavily optioned as yours. GLWS.

I have no time in the next month to drive to PA. I have the $7500. Cash in South Bend,In if you want to bring me the car!
P.M. Me if interested.

Tim
thanks Tim, but I'm short on time, too. Also, man from Vegas (who has 2 GNs and knows these cars well) was just here to see it and test drive. he was impressed and said the price is fair, and will let me know this eve if he wants it. stay tuned...

I always used to just assume tilt steering was standard with the Limiteds, you see so few without it. It's especially rare in a car as heavily optioned as yours. GLWS.

yes lack of tilt seems odd given the other appointments, but also manual seats, so go figure...

thanks all for the positive comments! I'll let you know if a deal isn't struck soon.

Brian

Yup. For a solid roof example of that type of Limited (Grandpa car vs. W02), I would say the only omissions are reading lamps, tilt steering, twilight sentinel, power driver's seat, and perhaps the headlamps on indicator and the top stereo system. That might sound like a lot, but that's an extremely well optioned car. Especially for the right person looking for the D84 paint. Good luck with the sale. I'm out in Ohio for another one in a few weeks, and was going to have a look at yours. But it sounds like it should be gone. ;)

Yup. For a solid roof example of that type of Limited (Grandpa car vs. W02), I would say the only omissions are reading lamps, tilt steering, twilight sentinel, power driver's seat, and perhaps the headlamps on indicator and the top stereo system. That might sound like a lot, but that's an extremely well optioned car. Especially for the right person looking for the D84 paint. Good luck with the sale. I'm out in Ohio for another one in a few weeks, and was going to have a look at yours. But it sounds like it should be gone. ;)

yeah this fits that bill to the T. very cool though to see the perimeter of the "LIMITED" plaque on the dash light up at night! I guess stnd on the model, even normally aspirated ones.

A thought Tim: if the Vegas gentleman can't make it work, just wire the money bank to bank and have it transported. it was like $500 from mid-Ohio to far eastern PA, no fuss no muss. well, only minor muss which a wash took care of.

update:

spent a few hrs with the guy from Vegas yesterday with the car, inspecting, BS'ing, test drive, etc. he was supposed to get me a small deposit today but didn't and I haven't heard from him. very odd since he seemed to really like the car. so at this point the 1st person to get me $7,500/better offer will get the car.

For those far away, we can do the deal through a bank wire transfer and I can mail the title, then you'd need to arrange to have the car picked up. This process does require trust but I've done it several times, mostly as a buyer (4 xs), but also as a seller (once). I can provide a reference for the time I sold a 68 el camino to a guy in Canada that way. I do not have pay pal. any shipping expenses would be on buyer. I've used United Road for shipping and they are reasonable and pretty prompt, although like many they are a broker.

thanks,

Brian
215-200-2523