1987 Buick Turbo T, Tennessee

Was this the car that was traded then went north west al then went back home just a couple weeks ago pretty sure. It was in russellville. Had title problems from what I was told.

I'm not sure of anything. But its a good looking car. I'm not sure it it was buyer or seller or the deal. I do not have the numbers or have run them. But numbers always need to be checked if u want and original car or if you buy it cheap enough for your self not to care. GLWS.

I agree vehicle is very nice looking. Would be a good daily driver while a real one sits in the garage.

He does state in his eBay ad about a noise in the engine maybe being a rocker and lifter..

Not so sure to cut him down for being dishonest.. hell he or whomever may not know until someone tears into the motor.. still a good buy at no reserve to fix and drive.

Not to honest
Car is not a turbo car
Not an lc2
Was a factory v8 car
Also has a rebuilt title
Car is on ebay now
States noting about bad cam

Not to honest
Car is not a turbo car
Not an lc2
Was a factory v8 car
Also has a rebuilt title
Car is on ebay now
States noting about bad cam
really!!!!, the guy sounded sincere , I had a plane flight booked, im glad I was able to get a refund ,I also put a stop payment on the deposit I sent before he even got it, cost me $35(so if you are reading this nice try!!!!), all in all I dodged a bullet, and am growing sour on a GN search I love GN's but lets get real get real , some of the asking prices are ridiculous, the car is a buick regal with a cool paint job and motor, and honest people are few and far between, as well as the cars at 25 years of age, ive talked with a few good people who were honest and are selling at realistic prices, but I am now thinking of a newer toy like an 03 cobra that I cant put a whipple, fuel system and call it a day.

He does state in his eBay ad about a noise in the engine maybe being a rocker and lifter..

Not so sure to cut him down for being dishonest.. hell he or whomever may not know until someone tears into the motor.. still a good buy at no reserve to fix and drive.
he told me on the phone that he had it at the shop checked the rockers and lifters and the mechanic said it was a wiped cam, he is lying.

he told me on the phone that he had it at the shop checked the rockers and lifters and the mechanic said it was a wiped cam, he is lying.

Wiped cam's are not unusual in these car's. These car's came with flat tappet cam's and the newer oils don't have the sufficient amount of Zinc Phosphorous to protect our engines as they once did.
Regarding prices, some are high some are more fair. But these were the 1st modernized muscle car's, that will still to this day put a lot of newer sports car's to shame. Once you get into heavy mods can put any 3 figured car to shame. One sure thing is when you see an all black Grand National get next to you on a red light i don't care how big of a bite the Cobra has your having second thoughts about getting spanked up by a Buick V6. Ive had my share of fast car's nothing compares to a Turbo Buick V6, nothing will make you hate life more than a Buick V6, and nothing will make you smile as much as a Buick v6. You sure cant beat the feeling when your pulling car lengths on most cars with a Buick V6. Something will come up be patient

I love the GN, owned a brand new 86 back in the day and kept it many many years.. only had to redo the brake system.. then owned a very low mileage 87GN later on, they are great cars but can be money suckers if you don't find the right one. From the factory they have a sorry brake system. If your going to race them at all on the streets or strip the brake system would need to be changed out, that's if you care to stop constantly. LOL. I remember the 86 GN brakes would get so hot racing red light to red light I'd have a hard time stopping after a few red light stops.

On the pricing yeah seems one guy seen someone sell his for 20 grand a couple of years ago and now everyone else thinks they have a MINT condition GN or T-type worth 16 to 20's and up no matter what shape they are in, I would never pay over 12 grand and I know I can find a very decent GN for that.

We Buick lovers , love our 86/87 Turbo Buicks

Food for thought:

If you think about it you can buy a new V6 Camaro for 22grand and have more HP and a full long warranty and I'm talking factory HP car to car not a modded out Turbo Buick with HP.

Good luck on your continued search, once it gets in your blood its hard to stop looking for a good one.

Wiped cam's are not unusual in these car's. These car's came with flat tappet cam's and the newer oils don't have the sufficient amount of Zinc Phosphorous to protect our engines as they once did.
Regarding prices, some are high some are more fair. But these were the 1st modernized muscle car's, that will still to this day put a lot of newer sports car's to shame. Once you get into heavy mods can put any 3 figured car to shame. One sure thing is when you see an all black Grand National get next to you on a red light i don't care how big of a bite the Cobra has your having second thoughts about getting spanked up by a Buick V6. Ive had my share of fast car's nothing compares to a Turbo Buick V6, nothing will make you hate life more than a Buick V6, and nothing will make you smile as much as a Buick v6. You sure cant beat the feeling when your pulling car lengths on most cars with a Buick V6. Something will come up be patient

There is always someone faster , it doesn't matter what you have, I have a supercharged V10, it been 10.20 at over 130mph, have driven a TT viper V-10 that makes my car seem boring, not to mention these cars have top speeds of over 200mph, stop on a dime, and can turn.
Had 5 corvettes all models, no mater how fast they are they are all boring.

No matter how fast the car is you cannot compare them to lambos, Ferrari etc..... People on the corvette forum do this(they are delusional )
I would gladly pour gas and set fire to all my cars for a Bugatti or lambo / ferraris best.

I've had many fast cars, and to be honest they all pale in comparison to riding a 500rwhp turbo busa, getting all that power out of an inline 4 that you can pick up and put on a table... There is NOTHING like that.

I really love GN's and would like to buy one, but if I dont, it will not be the end of the world

There is always someone faster , it doesn't matter what you have, I have a supercharged V10, it been 10.20 at over 130mph, have driven a TT viper V-10 that makes my car seem boring, not to mention these cars have top speeds of over 200mph, stop on a dime, and can turn.
Had 5 corvettes all models, no mater how fast they are they are all boring.

No matter how fast the car is you cannot compare them to lambos, Ferrari etc..... People on the corvette forum do this(they are delusional )
I would gladly pour gas and set fire to all my cars for a Bugatti or lambo / ferraris best.

I've had many fast cars, and to be honest they all pale in comparison to riding a 500rwhp turbo busa, getting all that power out of an inline 4 that you can pick up and put on a table... There is NOTHING like that.

I really love GN's and would like to buy one, but if I dont, it will not be the end of the world

Seem's like you have had expensive toys but are shopping for a cheap Buick? Buy a nice Buick in the 15k - 20k range and im sure you'll be happy. Plenty of nice cars out in the market.

Seem's like you have had expensive toys but are shopping for a cheap Buick? Buy a nice Buick in the 15k - 20k range and im sure you'll be happy. Plenty of nice cars out in the market.
In NO way am I shopping for a "cheap buick" 15-20(yea I feel the sarcasm and its not needed) is what I am going to spend, as a matter of fact there was a VERY CLEAN gn is florida I was buying, but the owner had a last minute change of heart and couldn't part with it, I was paying 19k, but the car was worth it.
Im not a fanboy nor am I partial to any "brand" or make, but I am realistic to what a car is worth , be it vette , viper Lambo etc...

amd FYI I have 40k in my turbo busa.....(just the turbo Kit was 14K) was it worh it to me?..... Yes, would it be worth 40k to someone else? .... no way in hell, it is what it is, maybe I have expensive toys because I don't overpay.
2 mint GN went for 17 and 19k at mechum today, both great examples of GN's(I couldn't make it and both cars were stock bottom end cars), in auctions such as these the cars always go for more.
there is another GN on here whom Ive already spoke to the owner, seemed like a good guy and is only a 4 hour drive from me, the car looks very nice, but it will need its door replaced as its rusting from the inside, that isn't a deal killer a brand new reproduction GN door is $300, if I go to a junk yard and find a regal door, maybe 50 bucks, I still have his number and we came up with a price(If I drove out to buy the car) im either going to do that or just go back to a 03 cobra, maybe this time do a kenne Bell Blozzilla with the proper fuel system, have my tuner Mike post(one of the nations best mustang tuners) tune it like he has my other mustangs, set the suspension up like he has in my others, get the pinion perfect
low 9's all day, drive it home with the air, and traction control if needed(1st thing I did in any of my vettes was turn that crap off.

GN's are badass looking cars, when modded the right way can be very fast(as with any car) althought the engine looks like art work to me when all done up, but they are flying bricks, cant stop, cant handle etc ... but im still attracted to a car that has a V6 and like you said can be very fast, its the only car that I haven't had that I should of had, I like the fact that a person would never know if they are lining up to a 14 second GN or a 9 second GN, I like sleepers.

But some people need to get a grip, when you dump a ton of money in a car, or do a frame off resto, don't think you are going to get even half that money back.
I see rollers on here with people asking 8-9 grand, that is comical, Gbodys aren't exactly a good platform for performance, it is what it is.

Last edited: