1987 Buick Regal - Turbo Limited - Grey exterior - Located in Indiana - $11,000

jawort0

1987 Buick Regal – Turbo Limited

Price: $11,000 USD

Contact Info: Please PM me for any additional details or questions.

Miles: Odometer shows approx. 72,000 miles. (Purchased car at approx. 68,000 miles.)

Carfax Details: Report will show car hit a tree in the 1990’s and inaccurate mileage.

Title: Clear. VIN confirms this a legitimate Limited model.

Background: Owned by Michael McCoy previously. Owned by ‘Seeyabye’ previously. Both are or were turbobuick.com members. I purchased the car in April 2009.

Reason for selling: Travel a lot for work. Not much time left to enjoy car. Only drive it a couple of times a year.

Overall condition: This car is a survivor and not a garage queen but still in nice, drivable condition. Car has spent past 9 years always garaged. Michael McCoy owned car for much of the 1990’s and car was garaged much of that time.

Color: Grey paint and grey interior.

Options: T-Tops, Digital Dash (works perfectly), G80 Posi-traction, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Trunk Lid, Power Antenna, External Limited Chrome Package (not blacked out), Concert Sound II Speakers

Window Sticker: The car comes with the original window sticker. Rumor has it this car was one of the most expensive non-GNX turbo Regals purchased.

Paint: Some scratches on the left door and left rear quarter filler. Car was repainted in the 1990’s and could use a repaint but not in bad condition. Rear bumper filler is still black primer and needs painted.

Wheels: Factory. They appear to have had the clear coat stripped at some point.

Engine: I personally rebuilt the engine. I am a mechanical engineer and work for a large engine manufacturer. I did not keep the rebuild receipts at they got lost in a move and did not plan on reselling the car. Rebuild is basically stock. Engine bored 0.030” over with new Seal Pro pistons, new camshaft with flat tappets, new timing chain set. No endplay of the turbo shaft.

Transmission: Shifts well. Never had issues. Feels like a shift kit has been installed but do not know for certain.

Brakes: Work well. Car has been converted to vacuum brakes just before I purchased it in 2009. Brake conversion performed by ‘Seeyabye’. (I do not have the powermaster brake system.)

Interior: Original leather seats were torn and all seats were recovered with vinyl reupholstery kit from gbodyparts.com. Carpet has been replaced. Headliner has been replaced. Steering wheel has been replaced with aftermarket (original steeing wheel with worn leather comes with car). Upper door panels have been replaced with ones that have been recovered. (Original worn upper door panels come with car.) Rear panel inserts replaced with ones that have been recovered. (Original rear panel inserts come with car.) Turn signal stem has been replaced with new chrome unit. Radio has equalizer (period correct but not sure if original to car). Rear view mirror has been replaced with a newer unit with map lights built in. Console is original to car but chrome inserts are missing.

Trunk: Full carpet kit has been installed.

Body: T-Top seals have been replaced with aftermarket. Door seals have been replaced with aftermarket. No body bushings have been replaced that I know of. Shocks appear to have been replaced at some point. Trunk lid seal in good condition but original. Chrome fender trim not installed but come with car.

Rust (lack thereof): No sheet metal rust now on the car. Small amount of rust in T-top area that was repaired when T-Top seals were installed.

Issues: Engine will drip oil and coolant after being driven and then parked awhile. Previously mentioned scratches. Gaps at the top rear of both windows due to aftermarket T-top kit. Passenger window leaves about a quarter inch gap when powered up unless door is open.

Aftermarket Components: Previously mentioned pistons, cam, tappets, timing gear set; RJC power plate, Adjustable wastegate, Stainless steel exhaust, Manual boost controller, Scanmaster, Mechanical boost gauge, electrical fuel pressure gauge, electrical oil pressure gauge, electrical coolant temperature gauge, knock sensor, Hi/Low/Off fan switch, fuel pump wiring upgrade, 2-gauge T-top pod, 3-gauge A pillar pod, Walbro fuel pump with proper submersible fuel hose, Cam sensor with LED, Stay down license plate holder (from another GM car).

Repaired components: New fuel pump sending unit (fuel gauge is now accurate). New power antenna mast (works perfectly). All vacuum lines replaced (cruise control works perfectly).

Performance: Ran 13.2seconds in ¼ mile in Indianapolis. Only been to the race track once.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    867.2 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    888.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    746.5 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    728.5 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    799.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    754.7 KB · Views: 1,047
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    831.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    959.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    835.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    834.3 KB · Views: 1,011
Actually I should say, I have been on recently but somehow I missed your question, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk