ADDING IPOD PLUG TO STK RADIO

87RodMan

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 87 GN AND THE ORIGNAL OWNER REPLACED THE RADIO WITH AFTERMARKET JUNK..HE ALSO HANDED ME THE STOCK RADIO THAT HE STORED IN HIS ATTIC..I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL IT AGAIN TO GIVE THE CAR A STOCK INTERIOR LOOK AND ALSO WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLUG MY IPOD INTO IT.I HAVE SEEN ADS ON EBAY FOR A MODDED STOCK RADIO FOR BIG BUCKS..HAS ANYONE ON HERE ATTEMPED TO DO ADD THE 3.5MM JACK TO THE RADIO THEIR SELVES?I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO IF POSSIBLE TO ADD RCA OUTPUT JACKS TO THE BACK OF THE RADIO IF POSSIBLE..ANY GURUS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO WALK ME THROUGH THIS??

I installed my aftermarket unit in the glovebox and have the original in its original location with only the memory wire, power and ground connected so it will lite up and look original.

It's just hard to get a quality sound out of a factory head unit

Yes, I got mine out of a 87 Cadillac. The reception is not bad at all, and the aux cord works great. I had him install it coming out the back of head unit with a 3 foot cord. I routed the cord into the console, looks stock.

If you haven't gotten it taken care of let me know. I know a guy in Missouri who can add the aux from the back and fix anything wrong with a factory radio. He's reasonably priced and fast. Turn around for me was a week and under $100

If you haven't gotten it taken care of let me know. I know a guy in Missouri who can add the aux from the back and fix anything wrong with a factory radio. He's reasonably priced and fast. Turn around for me was a week and under $100
Is this option still available? Looking for fix/add to my stock unit.

I know this is an old thread but those little thingamajigs you can get at walturd for $20-30 that plug into the lighter and sends a signal to the radio to play your tunes from memory stick, etc have got good reviews for sound. I didn't think the stock radio-cassette was all that bad.

I know this is an old thread but those little thingamajigs you can get at walturd for $20-30 that plug into the lighter and sends a signal to the radio to play your tunes from memory stick, etc have got good reviews for sound. I didn't think the stock radio-cassette was all that bad.
Thanks! I’m going to pick one up tomorrow. Didn’t know those would work on our units.

I have a fm transmitter, works great, sounds great. Plays through my phone, also makes phone calls through the stereo.

Same here buy the Motorola Roadster 2 it’s great works on your phones Bluetooth and tells you what Station to turn your Radio to so you can play Pandora from your phone through the car radio speakers.