1987 Buick Grand National T-top w/ mods

Kevin87TurboT

How many can I own??
Up for sale is an 87 GN with T-tops. I've owned it for approx 18 months. When I bought it, it had a bad engine and trans, but the body and paint were nice. I installed a low mileage engine with some upgrades. It has a Precision TE62 turbo, and an Iceman cold air kit. The Injectors are new FAST 60 lb/hr along with the V5.7 TurboTweak chip. It has a TH 3" downpipe and an RJC boost controller. It does have a 3" cutout as well. I'm not sure of the exact mileage on the engine and trans. They were purchased from a friend. The engine has been upgraded with a Comp 206/206 hyd roller cam. It runs very well. While I was there, I installed a new crank sensor and fresh plug wires. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator with a low mileage, adjustable version. The wheels are in good shape, but could use some touch up on the painted sections. The center caps are in great shape. When I installed the engine, I also upgraded the brakes to a vacuum system with a new master cylinder. It stops very well.

As far as the interior...The car has a 145 mph speedometer and an aftermarket radio and CD player. The front tires have 75% thread left, the rear ones have 25% left. The dash does have a small crank in it. The steering wheel has been recovered in black, so it's not 100% correct. The seats are in very good shape. The head liner needs to be replaced, as it is beginning to sag. The t-tops and windows could use fresh seals. I have the new seals and will include them with the car.

The body is in good overall shape, but isn't perfect. There are a couple of rust bubbles on the lower quarter on the driver's side and near the rear wheel trim on the passenger side. There's also a small dent on the driver's side front fender. I couldn't get these flaws to show up properly in a picture. Overall I'd rate the body a 9 out of 10. The frame is very solid. I installed new fiberglass bumper fillers on the car as well. I also installed a lightweight aluminum rear bumper support and the hard-to-find lightweight import front bumper supports. Other misc parts that I replaced were the battery, hood supports, heater control valve, and IAC.
It has an aftermarket transmission cooler and a rebuilt torque converter with the proper Grand National stator. As you can see, it also have the GNX fender vents.

The only other issues that I can think of, is that the package tray needs to be replaced and, thanks to the factory security system, the battery drains in approx 1 week...if you don't start the car. This hasn't been an issue with me, since I start it every 2-3 days.

This car does have the factory G80, limited slip option, and the concert sound option as well. It's not a perfect, show quality car, but it is a nice cruiser. It's located 60 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. I'd prefer that you come view the car, but I'll deliver within 100 miles. I'm asking $12500. I'd also consider a trade up for a 5th Gen Camaro or possibly even a C6 Vette or a very clean 4th Gen F-body.
gn1_zps95ac83c3.jpg
gn3_zpsadaa9a5c.jpg
gn4_zps997b2c2a.jpg
gn5_zps89c88617.jpg
gn6_zpsce30c3d8.jpg
gn7_zpsbf58d19f.jpg
gn8_zps5e976ff0.jpg
gn9_zps39de7637.jpg

He is the most straight up fellow that u will meet. GLWS

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Kevin87TurboT.... what kind of power and times you think this girl might could do... and would you consider the car "daily driver" reliable...? Thanks for your time..

I'd think it would run mid 11's with a looser converter and bumping up the boost. It runs great, no reliability problems.
Thanks,
Kevin

bump for a straight up guy if he says it is then it truelly is ....awsome guy to deal with here ...