1987 Buick Grand National Stolen

Tyler Stipe

Good afternoon all,

My newly bought 1987 Buick Grand National was stolen Sunday night (16 April 2017) from Melvindale MI (south east Michigan, near Detroit), after purchasing the vehicle out of state in North Carolina on 14 Apr 2017.

VIN: 1G4GJ1175HP464137

Car has a 4 point roll cage in back, 67MM turbo, turbo 400 trans, trans brake, race harness/seat belts, ac/heat delete, no badges, steel d hole/window wheels, white letter tires, exhaust cutout on right side.

Cops have not found it yet and I just heard about this forum.

Call or text 734-604-6450 with any info

Attachments

• DSC01070.JPG
    10.3 MB · Views: 201
  • DSC01079.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 158
  • DSC01092.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 147
  • DSC01080.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 143
I hope you enjoyed the whole week with it... that sucks man. I hope you find it and the guy hangs. I hate to hear this happens so often

That is a freaking Bummer!! ,hope you had time to get classic car insurance on it. I would guess that is a local hijack,and probably someone of friend of a friend ,Thanks for the pics you came to the rite site for eyes and ears. Good luck..

Really sucks to hear about this, sorry man. I'm in Mid-Michigan and its pretty rare to see a GN at all on the road so one like yours should stick out like a sore thumb.

I would be willing to bet that car is in little pieces scattered all over the country. Not trying to be depressing just realistic.

Sorry for your luck. Sure hope this turns out better than when my GN was stolen in 1996. Not even a trace was ever found.

I hate a thief. Rat Bastards.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth guys. I have a 93 Mitsubishi 3000gt Vr4 (I’m not a ricer. I had it since new HS graduation gift from my late mom). Anyway it was stolen and recovered twice. Once in 1997 where it was stripped and I bought it back from the insurance company. Since it was salvaged I decided to build a stock looking 10 second car. So years and $30 thousand bucks in a engine and turbos go by. I have an 800+ AWHP Vr4 as my daily driver and my wife has an 2008 Pathfinder as our family car.
The Vr4 got broken into right outside my house last summer and I lost 3 really nice Defi Gauges and a RC Helicopter that was in there. So I said enough is enough and I bought 2 viper audible alarm systems along with the GPS module that I pay a small monthly fee for but. Once again the Vr4 was stolen from my mother in laws apartment complex and yes the viper was on but because it literally a week after I installed the alarm myself I had literally everything installed except the starter kill because I was waiting on a new clutch pedal bypass switch so I could use the remote starter. But I did have that gps module hooked up and concealed behind the dashboard In the perfect spot because it works off cell towers as well. Now I know I’m new here but Please take my word when I tell you that my iPhone immediately notified me that the car moved from its perimeter. I was gunna go and get it myself but my family talked me into calling law enforcement. As I was making the complaint report the port orange police went looking for it via that GPS. The next morning I picked up my car. Had to use a screwdriver to start it but other then that I was all there. Because of this viper we tracked it and I got it back before a single thing was taken from it. And the 2 clowns are waiting on the ADA to hand them a deal. But we got them dead to rights.
Guys/ladies I will swear by that viper alarm model 5305V $120 shipped brand new and the GPS module cost me $150 (factory Refurbished from eBay. And that included activation after I installed it) but it’s about $250 new in stores. I swear it’s the best money I ever spent. My GN is almost ready to hit the road and you best believe that’s the first mod I put in it. Followed by a scanmaster lol.
I apologize for the long story. I tend to talk a lot and I’m still pumped about how well that gps worked and this happened months ago. I would recommend anyone with a GN , T-type, Turbo T, or anything you wanna hang onto to invest in this alarm. Plus it has a few different auxiliary options like you can open the trunk from the remote. Not that you would ever need to do this but you can actually start up your car from around the world with your iPhone. And you can be out of town and if your mind ever wonders about your car all you have to do is open the app on your phone. You can get low battery alerts. And if you lend someone you car and they start driving stupidly you can get a speed alert as well as the path it was driven via google maps.
Once again I apologize for the long story. I just wanted to share my experience with y’all about a great investment and maybe make something good come out the ops tragedy.

Good afternoon all,

My newly bought 1987 Buick Grand National was stolen Sunday night (16 April 2017) from Melvindale MI (south east Michigan, near Detroit), after purchasing the vehicle out of state in North Carolina on 14 Apr 2017.

VIN: 1G4GJ1175HP464137

Car has a 4 point roll cage in back, 67MM turbo, turbo 400 trans, trans brake, race harness/seat belts, ac/heat delete, no badges, steel d hole/window wheels, white letter tires, exhaust cutout on right side.

Cops have not found it yet and I just heard about this forum.

Call or text 734-604-6450 with any info
FWIW, I keep an eye out. I live in southeast MI.