1987 Buick Grand National - 500whp - Colorado

Trader history for 87GNcospg (0)

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
1987 Buick Grand National.

I am the 3rd owner. I have owned this car for 19 years. I have a stack of paperwork showing the details on this car’s life. Pictures, videos, documents, invoices, etc are located in a google drive folder. TB.com says most of my files are to large to upload within this thread.
1987 Buick Grand National - For Sale - Google Drive

I built and had parts of this car built with the goal of it being a streetable and fun daily driver. A reliable 500 whp was my main goal. I drive it often except in bad weather.

With a conservative tune at 18 psi the car made 497 wheel horsepower and 478 torque. There is a lot left in it. Car was also tuned for pump gas. Pump gas tune is available and is simple to swap to. The Holley USB cable is in the glove box. On a conservative tune, on pump gas, and at 15 psi the car makes 422 whp and 410 tq.

I’ve never raced this car, but I have used a Race Logic gps data logging box on one occasion. On a 50-degree F day, no burnout, and launching from basically an idle the car on the streets of Mexico registered a 11.7 second ¼ mile at 126 mph with a 2.3 second 60 foot. Add a few more pounds of boost, go to a prepped track, heat the tires up, build up the rpms/boost at the line and a high 10 is there if that is what you are looking for.

Car weighs 3,500 lbs. with a full tank of fuel in it.

EVERYTHING I am about to list has 3,400 miles on it. Miles will go up as I use the car:
  • Motor, transmission, Holley setup, and a few other odds/ends were built, installed, and then dyno tuned at Anderson Performance East Inc.
  • Anderson Performance East motor. See Anderson invoice for full specifications. Motor was originally built for a different customer looking to do 10 second quarter miles, but that customer decided to commit treason and go turbo LS.
    • Diamond forged pistons, billet center main caps, ARP studs and bolts throughout, 206/206 custom hydraulic roller cam, port/blend front cover, Champion Aluminum 14 bolt heads with competition valve job and scorpion rockers, port matched intake, 70mm throttle body, Mease plenum
    • I have a couple engine oil analysis reports from BlackStone Laboratories on this motor located on the google drive folder I mentioned. I use Valvoline VR1.
  • HR Parts and Stuff motor mounts.
  • LT1 starter.
  • Cold Case Radiator and dual fans with high/low speed.
  • The Turbo is a Precision T6676E with PTP Turbo blanket.
    • Cast CW JB – 700 HP (flywheel).
    • 66mm CW 2.580” ind / 3.580” exd (cast aluminum compressor wheel)
    • TO4 TW 2.920” ind / 2.542” exd 76 trim.
  • Precision Stock Location Intercooler.
  • TA Performance Headers. External 38mm wastegate mounted on crossover pipe. RJC Racing downpipe with Oxygen sensor bung and test pipe with dump. RJC Racing 3” exhaust to dual outlet muffler.
  • Holley EFI HP, full Holley wiring harness, Holley pressure transducers, Holley smart coils, and Holley 12.3” Pro dash.
  • 160 lb injectors, Accufab adjustable regulator, Racetronix stainless steel teflon fuel line kit with quick disconnects, -8 feed and -6 return, Racetronix billet fuel filter housing 10-micron stainless and magnetic filter element, Racetronix GEN2 525 lph “HellCat” fuel pump with heavy-duty fuel pump hotwire harness.
  • Anderson Performance East fully built 2004R transmission.
    • Built to handle 750 hp.
    • 911 billet lockup converter. 3,300 stall.
    • Hardened, machined, and treated forward drum/input. Heavy duty super pump with 0.500 boost valve and hardened stator support. Wide 2nd gear band. Billet 2nd gear servo. Heavy duty sprag assemblies. Heavy duty Torrington bearings, bushings, Teflon sealing rings throughout. Custom valve body mods for shifting and longevity. Aluminum deep and finned pan that holds 2 additional quarts of oil.
    • Large trans cooler mounted in front of AC Condenser.
  • Rear end completely rebuilt. Moser axles, Moser differential cover, Yukon dura grip, new bearings, welded axle tubes to housing, and new drum brakes.
  • HR Parts and Stuff rear sway bar.
  • New rear coil springs.
  • Aluminum GBodyParts wheels. 15”x7” front and 15”x8” rear.
    • Cooper Cobra radial front and 255/60 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S rear. Mickey’s only have a couple hundred miles on them.
  • Air conditioner has been converted to R-134A. See Anderson invoice.
  • Paint job is 2 years old. Car was ceramic in the spring of 2021. Interior carpet new. Headliner new. All weather stripping and door seals are new.
  • All body mount bushings are new OEM replacements.
  • Vacuum brake conversion with additional vacuum canister.

A few items replaced previously:
  • All bushings on the front end were replaced 15,000 miles ago.
  • Bilstein shocks about 15,000 miles ago.
  • Front rotors and calipers about 20,000 miles ago.

I will work on the following items if time allows:
  • AC needs to be recharged. I discharged the AC with the intent to swap in a new compressor. There is nothing wrong with the existing compressor. It is just one of the last items on the car that is from 1987 so I wanted to replace it. I have a brand new Four Seasons compressor from Highway stars still in the box. I discharged the AC then the following day some buddies wanted to go to a car show. I got distracted and never got back to swapping the compressor out and recharging the AC. Weather is cooler now so it isn’t a priority for me at the moment.
  • One of the Holley boost solenoids intermittently clicks with just the ignition on. No clicking when car is running. Holley has reviewed logs and videos. They say it is totally fine.
  • Factory cassette player won’t give back one of my favorite tapes. Radio, antenna, and speakers still work. The sound system is next on my upgrade list.
  • Passenger side window goes up and down a bit wonky. I will post pics of the issue but one of the lower arms that connects/slides on the door mounted rail popped out. The door mounted rail is just to the right of the interior door handle held on by two bolts. I think this is a simple fix.
  • I have a set of Kirban’s Performance rear seat braces ready to be installed.
  • My driver side A pillar plastic cover has some holes in it due to some gauges that used to be there. Gauges are not needed anymore with the Holley dash. I have a like new dark blue plastic a-pillar molding to replace the current one. Replacement needs to be painted grey and installed. I have a spray can of the factory correct grey.
  • Paint is not immaculate. This car gets driven. I don’t believe in owning a garage queen but it does sleep in a garage. I’d still say it is a definite 9.5/10. All the people who give me a thumbs up in traffic or awkwardly follow me home to give me compliments would agree.

The car has had a good life with me. I enjoyed 100,000 miles on it while it was mostly stock. I then shoveled money and parts at it. I was expecting to enjoy it for another 100,000 miles.
I don’t really need or want to sell it, but the cash would help jump start another project I would like to get going on.
$45,000.
Serious inquiries only. Cash talks. No tire kickers. Let’s not waste each other’s time.
My email address is ryan.frerichs@gmail.com. Cell phone is 719-470-2974. I don’t answer unrecognized numbers so please leave a voicemail or shoot me a text. Car is located in Colorado Springs, CO.

231067811_10101250506587301_8102998206131934809_n.jpg 121172015_10101106245298081_8893977537768813782_n.jpg

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Motor was originally built for a different customer looking to do 10 second quarter miles, but that customer decided to commit treason and go turbo LS.
Awesome! Lol! That deserves a bump.

Good luck with the sale!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
I've had a couple people low ball me on this car. Then admit to low balling me. Then admit to wanting to resell it for more. Then proceed to tell me how scary the economy is so I better take the low ball offer.
I hope these tactics don't work on the rest of you if you ever sell your cars lol.
My own personal Hell would be an eternity spent selling used cars on craigslist.

87GN Turbo6

I've had a couple people low ball me on this car. Then admit to low balling me. Then admit to wanting to resell it for more. Then proceed to tell me how scary the economy is so I better take the low ball offer.
I hope these tactics don't work on the rest of you if you ever sell your cars lol.
My own personal Hell would be an eternity spent selling used cars on craigslist.
Yea, those folks are nut sack lickers. Great car, excellent ad. GLWTS

DSEROVY

Very nice car! Glad it stayed close to home.
But -
If I were you, I would remove the links to Google Drive before these pics & invoices end up on Craigslist with scammers.
I see it all the time with motorcycles.