1987 Buick Grand National 40k mile Show Car

Limited87

I am posting this 1987 Grand National for sale for a friend of mines family. He just recently passed away and they would like for me to help them sell the car. I did alot of work on this car for him in the last year and a half or so.
Bruce gn 1.jpg
bruce gn 6.jpg
bruce gn2.jpg
bruce gn6.jpg
bruce gn 7.jpg
bruce gn 8.jpg
Bruce gn 1.jpg
bruce gn 6.jpg
bruce gn2.jpg
bruce gn6.jpg
bruce gn 7.jpg
bruce gn 8.jpg
Bruce gn.jpg
Bruce gn.jpg
Bruce gn 1.jpgbruce gn 6.jpgbruce gn2.jpgbruce gn6.jpgbruce gn 7.jpgbruce gn 8.jpg

Here is a list of what all has been done to the car and stats on it.

The car has 40k original miles on it. Some of the options the car has are t-tops, power windows, power locks, power drivers seat. The paint on the car looks to be all original and extremely nice. Both front and back bumper fillers were replaced and painted. The interior of the car is very nice as well. Shows very little wear of any kind. The only 2 things I noticed are the horn ring is cracked and the plastic dash piece that goes over the front speakers along the glass is cracked. Both are very common on these cars.

I worked on this car for several months straight doing a show and shine type build on it under the hood with tons of upgrades both for show and performance. There was well over 10k thousand dollars spent on the car in performance parts and chrome alone.

Here are some of the show items added and things done to the cars engine bay:

The engine was pulled and completely cleaned, painted and detailed. Intake was removed and bead blasted, all intake parts were removed and replaced with new sending units or refinished to look brand new. The factory valve covers, plenum, t-body, intercooler, turbo and inlet bell were all hand polished to a chrome like shine. Every single bracket, shield and all plumbing were triple chromed plated. If it was metal and could be removed under the hood it was chromed. Numerous pieces added of chrome through out the engine bay also. I added a Powermaster chrome alternator, RJC Billet pulleys, billet vacuum block, 3 inch chromed MAF pipe, Moser billet valve cover breathers, polished stainless battery cover, chromed body braces, polished stainless clamps with all upgrade hoses, new Gm over flow tank and washer bottle, new serpentine belt and GM hoses through out. New GM 42T plugs and Felpro gaskets. ATR "turbo" spark plug wires, some ARP hardware. Buick Motorsports custom hood insulator. VDO boost guage was pillar mounted and oil pressure and water temp guages were also added to a guage pod in the console. It has the Grand National embroidered head rests and also mint perfect Grand National embroided show mats in the trunk for shows.

Some of the performance items added were as follows:

TA49 turbo with a Garret .63 exhaust housing with new wastegate actuator, RJC 3 inch stainless downpipe, Pipes Stainless 2.5 inch dual exhaust system, TA Performance Stainless headers, HR Parts motor mounts, Comp Cams 980 valve springs and a K&N 9 inch cone air filter.

Fuel system upgrades were as follows:

#009 (42.5) fuel injectors, Reds XP fuel pump, billet adjustable fuel regualtor, fuel rail pressure guage, Reds 93 street chip, Reds volt booster.

This is just alot of the things I can remember from the build. The list went on and on. I wasnt able to get real good picts of the car in the garage that it is currently kept in but I will get better ones later if needed once the weather breaks.

The asking price on the car is 25k. The car is located in NE Ohio. PM if interested.

Thanks,
Brian

Sorry for the lousy circumstances...
My condolences to you and the family. Very nice car, the amount of work in this car shows !! GLWS

Bryan

Wow! I thought I had the nicest Gn in NE Ohio, guess I was wrong! Beautiful!! Sorry about circumstances as well.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The picts dont do the justice at all. Id would like to get the car out and really get some good picts that will show the amount of detail that was done. The lighting wasnt ideal and the room is fairly small that its in. I know this isnt the ideal time to sell this car but I wanted to give the board members here first chance at it before spring hits in 6-8 weeks.

Brian

It's a great time to sell a car, I bought mine a week ago. If I'd seen that one I would have certainly bought it. I'm sending you a PM.

Hi Brian,
Sorry to hear about your friend. The car looks awesome! I'm looking for the cleasest G.N I can find and this certainly looks like a great car. When you get a chance, could you please post a few pics of the undercarriage of the car as well as some additional pics of the body. Do you know if any transmission work/upgrades were done to the car; TQ convertor, shift kit and so on.
Thanks,
John

Hey Brian,
I'm interested in the car. I'd like to give you a call so we can talk about the car. What number can I reach you at?
Regards,
John

Sorry to hear about your friend,and thoughts with the family.You are a good person to help them out, not many people left that take the car to that extreme.Simply perfection.To anyone interested,look at the garage.If the place the car was kept is that perfect you know the car is better.Buy with confidence:cool:

Sorry to hear about your friend,and thoughts with the family.You are a good person to help them out, not many people left that take the car to that extreme.Simply perfection.To anyone interested,look at the garage.If the place the car was kept is that perfect you know the car is better.Buy with confidence:cool:

Thanks Kevin, I was happy to know him the short time that I did. He treated me like we had been friends for 20 years. Its the least I can do for them is try to help sell the car to settle some of his affairs from being sick. The car has lived in that climate controlled custom built showroom since he has owned it.. It does in fact reflect how nice this car is also.

All PM's have been returned. Alot of interest but no sale yet.