1987 Buick GNX ---9700 miles

ghall

1987 Buick GNX
#235 of 547 built
Third owner
9730 miles original miles
No drivetrain mods: no operational issues
Paint in average condition: believed mostly original
Interior original and in very good condition: all gauges, windows, door locks, etc. , work
Aftermarket exhaust: original rotted off.
Do not have any original promotional items (jacket,book, etc.)
Recently ( defined as within the last 3 years)
---all vehicle fluids changed
---new stainless fuel pump
--- all sensors (except TPS) changed
--- all rubber components changed (vacuum lines, hoses, body mounts, etc. )
---front suspension updated ( new springs, shocks, rubber parts, most parts powder coated )
---Brake system gone through (new pads/rotors/shoes/ and lines and prop. valve and rebuilt powermaster)
---New tires (BFgoodrich) (Do not have original tires)
---All 4 bumper fillers replaced by well respected auto body shop
---Passed state safety inspection last month
---Clear title in hand
--- The car has been extensively detailed under the hood, under the car, and the front suspension-- t looks terrific

I have a few documents to substantiate the vehicle mileage: a copy of a 1995 Wisconsin vehicle title; a 1999 Carfax, 2003/2012/2015 state safety inspection reports.

We have owned the car since 01/02 and are confident in the condition the car is in. The car is priced properly and will make someone a great vehicle that will only appreciate in value.

The car is located in Northern Virginia now, I can have the car in south/ eastern NC. I can also help with delivery of this vehicle with a very nice aluminum open car trailer that I have towed this car many miles before. Delivery will have to be discussed before deal is done. Delivery will be done after all money has cleared our accounts.

If you have any questions, please ask, as I prefer to be very open and honest and want to be very transparent about working out a deal.

20160102_141159.jpg

This car is not perfect. In my opinion it is an excellent driver quality vehicle: safe, reliable, original and looks great from 20 feet. If I were to keep the car I would do the following: new exhaust and a quality paint job

I will get some more photos shortly

Last edited:
"Driver quality" 20 footer GNX with less than 10k miles? Average paint and original exhaust rotted? Is the mileage original and accurate?

As the ad says, the mileage is original. I am trying to be brutally honest with the description because I hate misunderstandings.. The car is almost 30 years old, the exhaust should not come as a surprise to anyone. I understand peoples expectations on a car like this and I am just trying to be very clear, maybe to the point of being a little over critical on the car.

I will have some more pictures posted by tomorrow. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM

Geoff

That's a lot of replacement parts for a car with the claimed mileage. Just saying

Sounds like the owner is just being really protective of it and that's not a bad thing. Definitely put some money into the new parts and if you had a Turbo place do it. A lot of money. Good luck on the sale.

Sounds like the owner is just being really protective of it and that's not a bad thing. Definitely put some money into the new parts and if you had a Turbo place do it. A lot of money. Good luck on the sale.

Thank you for showing some common sense, I was starting to get worried.. I will try to explain better so I am very clear, A couple of years ago a decision was made to freshen the car up because some of the components and the ride was starting to show its almost 30 year age. A lot of the stuff replaced was not in need of replacing but may have become cosmetically unappealing. The car looks terrific right now and the things replaced definitely improved the driveability of the car. Some of the items replaced are known weak spots of the car.

I encourage anyone interested in the car to actually see it, it is worth the effort.

Geoff

As Geoff is saying , if you're serious , go see the car in person . I have seen 6k mile cars look like they had 60k , and have seen 20,30k mile cars look like they had 6k . It's all in how they were cared for and stored . Do you want a GNX to drive , or one look at in your garage with 500 miles on it that you can't drive , or fear you're hurting the value by adding miles , that is the difference here .. NTM , those 500 mile X's all have the same faded bumper fillers , the same surface rusted bare metal undercarriage parts , and most likely are not as trust worthy of one with 5k + miles that has been driven/exercise miles .
It's better that a seller over describes the car so that when you see in person you are impressed , rather than have a seller pump up the condition of a car and when you get there it is a big upset !!!!! ( I know from this happening to me , went to see an X 600 miles away that was to be the best thing since sliced bread , NOT !!!!! )
GLWS Geoff , I hope you get a buyer , and hope someone finally gets their GNX !!!!

Thank you for showing some common sense, I was starting to get worried.. I will try to explain better so I am very clear, A couple of years ago a decision was made to freshen the car up because some of the components and the ride was starting to show its almost 30 year age. A lot of the stuff replaced was not in need of replacing but may have become cosmetically unappealing. The car looks terrific right now and the things replaced definitely improved the driveability of the car. Some of the items replaced are known weak spots of the car.

I encourage anyone interested in the car to actually see it, it is worth the effort.

Geoff
Looks like a nice car. I don't see anything wrong with being critical when describing your own car. My question was how could a 9k GNX be in "driver quality" condition and have a rotted exhaust. Doesn't match up unless it was stored poorly. Just my opinion.

That looks pretty nice all the way around to me. Very much worth the asking price. Everybody wants a $65,000 car for $600.

Good luck with the sale Geoff.

Thanks Geoff, Really nice car should sell pretty easily. I know you didn't have to do all those sensors but can tell your meticulous. Good quality to have.

Well I have bought many things from Geoff and Everything and I mean Everything I have bought has been in great condition... Period... If I had the money I would own this car... Just saying...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

If you think that your poor opinion of Geoff or his car is something we need on this board then I think that the Buick community is going to crap. I have seen this car in person, and it is nicer than he described because he does not want anyone to get something less than that thought it was. Funny how many people will talk crap without ever going to see the car in person. I think if you don't have the money or interest to purchase this car then way post here? Becoming more and more disappointed with the members who think they know everything about everything, and yet, no GNX in their garage. I know whoever gets this car will be happy with what they paid for it, because if I could afford it I would buy it.

That’s the pattern on here just like the rest of the web. Key board tough guy know it alls.

They are the same people that can’t look you in the eye in person.

As they shouldn’t. And they know they shouldn’t. And can’t. :nailbiting::chicken:

This is the best deal i’ve seen on this board, if the description is correct.

A Gnx with under 10,000 miles for 65K that you can daily drive the shit out of ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

And not loose value.

What more is there to say?

I know. How about I start a go fund me page because I deserve this car? Yah! That’s it. :rolleyes:

D