1987 BUICK GN T TOP PROJECT

I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. Just a waiting game now. Stay positive 20TTA.
that's another thing I don't need right now, suggesting it might be stolen. I went out of my way to store car inside so it wouldn't deteriorate like cars do when they're left out in the elements. Plus I didn't want any low lives picking parts off it because they see it. This world is filled with Idiots who think they can take whatever they want...

I also have 7 more TAs stored in a barn. That's a little over $300 a month to store cars

other GN engine and trans is in another storage spot, $149 a month. That will be cleared out too. My TTA t top is also in storage, $174 a month. Convertible chasis is covered in my driveway. GN in front of it uncovered. So the GN is exposed to weather now for first time in years.

and i have previous owners info so I can probably find him and ask him to apply for a lost or duplicate title and pay him what that cost. I haven't spoken to him since i purchased car over 3 yrs ago so I don't even know if he lives where he did anymore. Again I have alot of things to get done before May 2019...with this last holiday season working 13+ hrs a day, working out at 3am...tracking down a guy or lost title isn't on the top of my list.

You have possessed this car for 3 years but you don't actually own it until you transfer the title into your name.
Nor can you "legally" sell it without a signed title.

Only the last registered owner can apply for lost title.
If you can't track down last owner for help or he's deceased then applying for a Bonded Title is an option.
Good luck to you or who ever buys it without a title.

thank you I know that hence the reason I stated I do not wish to deal with the state of Illinois and all there rules and exorbitant fees

I apologize if I come off as mad or angry. That's due in part to dealing with SOI SS and a bunch of money tied up in this car. I'm just trying to recoup some of the money I've poured into this car which is no one's fault but mine. I lost the title due to moving out when I first started divorce proceedings. Things got misplaced and she was aware of cars, parts and titles i had for my things. All I can say is alot was missing when i had the chance to go back to my house and remove everything I've accumulated 12 yrs of being married. I had a title just can't find it.

I apologize if I come off as mad or angry. That's due in part to dealing with SOI SS and a bunch of money tied up in this car. I'm just trying to recoup some of the money I've poured into this car which is no one's fault but mine. I lost the title due to moving out when I first started divorce proceedings. Things got misplaced and she was aware of cars, parts and titles i had for my things. All I can say is alot was missing when i had the chance to go back to my house and remove everything I've accumulated 12 yrs of being married. I had a title just can't find it.

So, let’s see you paid $6,500 for a “Project Car” with a clear title, right? However, you’ve since lost said title. And at this point you can no longer track down the previous owner anymore, as his phone number is no longer valid. So, you cannot contact him to apply for a replacement title? Therefore, you want the new perspective owner to deal with all of that? And you want $3,500 more than what you paid (with a clear title) three years ago to boot?

Then you disclose how many miles are on the car? But, you do offer up:
“I've had it stored in a storage spot for last 3 yrs at $199 a month.”

Followed by:
“I guess people don't get that a storage spot for last 3 yrs is over $7,000.”

However, what you don’t seem to get is the fact that you’re adding money to the price of a car (that admittedly only paid $6,500 for) which is now in worse shape (barely runs from sitting up by your own accord) AND IT HAS NO TITLE EITHER!!

Then you start rattling on about your Mexico / Italy honeymoon (which has nothing to do with the price of rice in China). And yet, you are also acting very aggressive and angry towards anyone on your sales thread??

I hate to say it, but, perhaps it is you who does not understand how this whole “Selling A Project Thing Works”? As you certainly seem clueless to the process as a whole, but, maybe it’s just me?

The bad thing is that you are your own worst enemy here. As you elect to add more non helpful information by stating:
“I also have 7 more TAs stored in a barn. That's a little over $300 a month to store cars.”

Which according to your math means that you are only paying $101 dollars per month to store 7 cars ($199 for the past three years to store GN and $101 to store 7 TA’s equals $300), right? So, that seems a silly thing to do now doesn’t it? I mean, to pay so much to store one car when you could put it where you have seven more to begin with, right? That’s just SO FAR THOUGH AS YOU WERE NOWHERE NEAR DONE!

Because you then proceed to throw in:
“Other GN engine and trans is in another storage spot, $149 a month. That will be cleared out too. My TTA t top is also in storage, $174 a month. Convertible chasis is covered in my driveway. GN in front of it uncovered. So the GN is exposed to weather now for first time in years.”

WAIT WHAT???

So, on top of the $199 per months for the GN in the photos (for the past three years which you want to add a portion of your storage fees to the price here). Plus another $101 (to store 7 TA’s that you have parked in a barn to make it $300 in storage fees per month).

Then you suddenly have another $149 (to store a GN engine and trans) and your TTA t top car which is being stored at yet another facility for another $174 bones. And this new revelation adds yet another $323 to your monthly storage fee outlay which means your paying $623 a month to store a GN (with no title), 7 TA’s in a barn, another GN engine and trans, and your TTA t top which is in yet another location???

And yet whenever someone comes to view the car, they’ll clearly see the GN and a convertible chassis in your driveway, right?? You do realize that all of this is starting to sound like a bunch of horse hockey, now don’t you? To make matters worse you want top dollar for a project car of unknown / undisclosed mileage with no title and no way to get in touch with previous owner! Not too even mention the fact that you want $3,500 more for the car than what you paid for it three years ago (when it was in better condition, had more parts and had an all elusive title to boot)! And yet, you come across as being very aggressive and angry towards anyone commenting on here! Even those who are being nice and trying to give you the benefit of the doubt!! WOW!! This is a very unusual sales thread, to say the least!!

GLWS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your synopsis of what I pay for storage. The car cost $6500. The rear end is brand new to the tune of about $3000. The other complete engine $1200-$1500 with a 200R4. All the parts new and used. My storage are $315 a month for a barn I rent that I cannot put other cars and parts in, there are also 2 fire trucks stored in there and farnm equipment. I do not own barn. The othe spaces are $174 and $199. I'm looking to sell a few cars, get rid of 2 storage spaces and just keep barn storage. So as much as my storage is, that's what it is and I'd like to sell GN that I lost the title for. I don't feel like spending another $200-$300 to obtain a title. I have other things more important now. I'm asking $10,000 for all of it. I'm open to offers but not $2,3,4,5, or 6,000 at all. I know what car and parts are worth. I see what people ask and sell for GN parts and cars. Like I stated before If it's not for you then it's not. One of my 7 TAs I have…a 1978 Trans Am I bought in wisconsin with a title that was lost. The person who sold it to me is using an attorney to obtain the title (Wisconsin) that cost $500 which I'm paying him for. The car has been sitting 20 yrs + and I think that guy died who previous owned it. The car is not stolen and has no liens on it. I've had that car for about a year now and the person should have the title soon, He's getting about 15 titles because I believe he bought all of this guys cars who passed away. The car is stored in the barn and I pay storage on that too. As soon as I get the title from him I'll start getting that ready to sell. The guy I bought car from is an electrician and busy working and trying to sell cars to make some extra money. As soon as he gets it I'll pay him $500 for title. I could have tried to get a title myself, yet I'd rather have the attorney get the title and pay the extra fee for his time.

and it's a GN I lost the title for and haven't spoken to previous owner in years, people move, change cell carriers and phone numbers. Nothing unusual just don't feel like dealing with sec of state…and yes I'm asking $10,000

One thing I did is price car at $10,000 because I'm sure other can attest this site and guys on this site are always looking to buy GNs and GN parts for next to nothing but resell it for $100s more…sorry but I've seen that alot on this site

it has 90,410 miles on it...so not low mileage
that's my driveway. 1st car my fiancees 94 vette we'll probably sell in spring, the GN, and my 89 TA CONVERTIBLE roller project followed by my 04 BMW 325 convertible and my 95 BMW convertible on street I drive everyday...
Engine compartment on 90,410 GN that I lost title for

Attachments

• 20190101_165632_Film3.jpg
    20190101_165632_Film3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 20190101_165719_Film3.jpg
    20190101_165719_Film3.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 67
  • 20190101_165701_Film3.jpg
    20190101_165701_Film3.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 69
almost forgot it has brake conversion done. I paid $250 for new parts and I still have stock power master

tomorrow if I have time I'll try and contact previous owner. Not promising anything but the price of car will still be $10,000 if I can contact him and see if he'll go apply for lost title.

So then if I can get him to do that that will dispel all the it might be stolen. Not trying to be an ass...just it will prove it's not stolen and people sometimes loose things like a piece of paper especially moving everything you own after 12 yrs in one day...my apologies

tomorrow if I have time I'll try and contact previous owner. Not promising anything but the price of car will still be $10,000 if I can contact him and see if he'll go apply for lost title.

Kudos to you for what is a calm / reasonable response. I don’t mean to across as a Richard Edward (Dick Ed), however, if felt as though it needed to be pointed out.

The reality is that given all of the parts of the package that your price may not be all that bad. However, the stickler is going to be your title issue. In that, more than likely your buyer will be from out of state. So, he or she may or may not have the time nor understanding as to how to proceed there.

Another concern some might have would be rust as well given your location and all. So, it might be helpful to shoot a few pics from under the car! You can never take too many pics. Especially on a project vehicle.

You might consider breaking package apart (selling just the car and the parts separately). Just to give people other options to consider! As that might make it more interesting for some with concerns about the title and what not.

Either way, good luck with it and hopefully it will move quickly for you. And my apologies for seeming harsh, however, you seem to be turning things around here in that regard. So, thanks for your responses and good luck with it!! Seems to be a fair deal overall if you can get the minute details ironed out!

Best of luck to you!!

thanks for your understanding. Like I said not trying to screw anyone it's just I've dealt with sec of state il and they're horrible even renewing your DL and costs...it maddening. I advertised it with parts because some parts like kenne bell and stock parts that are billet and upgraded take care of flaws with stock plus extra engine and trans make it easy for you to fix you car without waiting for parts. Once again sorry if I offended anyone

You may have better luck starting a new thread at this point...So much talk about other cars, storage, etc. that are not going to help you sell this GN..

Maybe just take the time to post a lot of pictures of just this car and all the extra parts, so a potential buyer can see the value

GLWS

Do you have a thread going for the TTA convertible build anywhere??